University of the Pacific students with kids

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissOconnor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow UOP students,
I'm wondering what your schedules look like and how are you guys able to do it with little ones. I'm moving up from socal with a toddler and a 3rd grader so I'm nervous about how I'll be able to mange picking them up if we are in class from 8am-8pm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

It is going to be tough. Class will be from 8-12 or 9-1, and during the first few semesters then there will be afternoon labs. For the most part, the last labs are usually over at 5. However, there are a lot of things that will require extra time. Every now and then you will have to stay later (CPR training, group project, etc). There are also convocations during 1st semester and many of those are in the evening. You will also be required to do 35 hours of health fair events and those are usually after class and on weekends. Your IPPEs will also need to be done after class, and sometimes you are not in control of those schedules.

I am not trying to scare you, just letting you know what to expect. I had three kids during pharmacy school, luckily my wife was really good about helping out. There are still some nights a week where my kids are asleep by the time I get home, however those are becoming fewer now. Have a good babysitter handy is my best recommendation.

Members don't see this ad :)