University of Toledo Medstart program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnc1521

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen some very old posts about this topic. I was just wondering if there is anyone who has recently been accepted/rejected and what your stats were?

I currently have a 3.88 at the local community college, a 4.0 UCF GPA and a little over a 3.9 overall. My ACT was a 28 which is a tad below the average. However, I am hoping some extracurriculars will make up for it. I volunteered at a fire station for a few years where I got some certs, I am a CNA even though I have never worked as a CNA, I have worked in retail which shows I am good with people, and I volunteered at a desk at the hospital for a few years. I also was a citizen schoalor which is an award for volunteering. I also started working as an ER scribe in the ER in Janauary. I plan on applying the end of this year to start in 2015 when I get my bachelors. When I apply I will be missing organic 2 and college physics 2 but they said that is fine.

Also, does anyone know anything about the 2 week summer class? What class is it? Or is it an internship?

Members don't see this ad.

I got in but chose not to attend. 3.75 and 35 ACT. the two week thing is more of an intro than an internship, from my understanding.

Here's something to consider before applying: Toledo has very expensive OOS tuition. I know it's very appealing to be already accepted and to not have to worry about the MCAT, but in the end, if you're a good enough student to get into an early admittance program, you're going to do fine on the MCAT and you'll get into medical school. You may even have choices.

I really considered the Toledo program as well, but in the end, I decided against it. I applied this past cycle, and everything worked out great. I'll be attending my choice school for free this upcoming Fall.

All that to say... If your only motivation in applying is the assurance and you don't know for a fact that you're crazy about that particular medical school, you may want to rethink.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your replies. I have heard very good things regarding the program/people there and I have also heard they offer very good scholarships including some full rides.

I also forgot to add that I do think their OOS tuition is absolutely ridiculous but after 1 year, most students get in state tuition (from what I heard it's pretty easy). Plus the living expenses are not to bad up there.

Plus, not only will it be nice to know I have been accepted but it will save a good chunk of change on the MCAT/review courses.