-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Toledo
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone have tips for Interview. Was it more traditional interview questions or like ethical/situational type.
Many of the questions were hypothetical and were focused more on ethics/morals. Much different than another MMI I completed recently. Most of the questions were completely unique and it didn't even touch on the subjects I studied. My only tip is to remember to reflect on your experiences and be yourself!Anyone have tips for Interview. Was it more traditional interview questions or like ethical/situational type.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone hear back yet following the interview?
Anyone hear back yet following the interview?
I interviewed in mid-late October and was told decisions will not roll out until early January
I interviewed Sep 14th and was told I’d hear back the first week of November, but haven’t heard back yet.Anyone hear back yet following the interview?
For those who have already interviewed, any advice/tips on how to prepare for the interview? Was the MMI rounds just ethical scenarios and testing how you approach/react to these scenarios like Casper? Any guidance is greatly appreciated! (of course without breaking NDA and fairness and whatnot) TIA!
All my MMI IIs has been like Casper lol. Answer as well as you can/honestly and you will be fine. GL and have a bless day!For those who have already interviewed, any advice/tips on how to prepare for the interview? Was the MMI rounds just ethical scenarios and testing how you approach/react to these scenarios like Casper? Any guidance is greatly appreciated! (of course without breaking NDA and fairness and whatnot) TIA!
Great, thank you so much!All my MMI IIs has been like Casper lol. Answer as well as you can/honestly and you will be fine. GL and have a bless day!
Just got the A! I received the email at 12pm, interviewed on 8/31. IS
congrats!Just got the A! I received the email at 12pm, interviewed on 8/31. IS
That’s awesome, congrats!!!Just got the A! I received the email at 12pm, interviewed on 8/31. IS
YAY congratulations!!!!!OOS A about an hour ago today, interviewed 9/14!
ACCEPTED!!! In state. I interviewed 9/7. I’m so freaking happy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the acceptance email an hour ago!!!! Interviewed 9/7
I'm sorry but there really aren't any ways to prepare for them. I completed an MMI with Cinci and Toledo's was x100 the MMI. I'm assuming that they really want to see how you react/approach because all of the questions were SO unique and entirely unrelated to each other.For those who have already interviewed, any advice/tips on how to prepare for the interview? Was the MMI rounds just ethical scenarios and testing how you approach/react to these scenarios like Casper? Any guidance is greatly appreciated! (of course without breaking NDA and fairness and whatnot) TIA!
I'm sorry, can you clarify what you mean by "Toledo's was x100 the MMI?" Not too sure what you mean by that.I'm sorry but there really aren't any ways to prepare for them. I completed an MMI with Cinci and Toledo's was x100 the MMI. I'm assuming that they really want to see how you react/approach because all of the questions were SO unique and entirely unrelated to each other.
I think they might just mean the questions are really out of left field and there's not really much way you can prepare other than just being yourself, since both Toledo and Cinci conduct MMI-style interviews but Toledo was truly just about the weirdest questions I've ever been asked but I ended up with the A so I guess my answers were ok haha.I'm sorry, can you clarify what you mean by "Toledo's was x100 the MMI?" Not too sure what you mean by that.
I read the MMI book (The one called "MMI: Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty") beforehand and it was helpful in how to structure my answer, but not in approaching any of the questions asked of me. Had to figure out all my answers on the spot.
So sorry for not being clear enough! @reginaphalange00 completely covered what I meant. Cinci's MMI asked more situational questions where it felt like there were fewer "correct" answers, whereas Toledo's questions could have had many correct answers. In Toledo's, I couldn't tell if I was giving the answer they were looking for so it felt much more difficult and "more MMI" than Cinci's.I'm sorry, can you clarify what you mean by "Toledo's was x100 the MMI?" Not too sure what you mean by that.
No worries, and thank you for the information. I really appreciate it!So sorry for not being clear enough! @reginaphalange00 completely covered what I meant. Cinci's MMI asked more situational questions where it felt like there were fewer "correct" answers, whereas Toledo's questions could have had many correct answers. In Toledo's, I couldn't tell if I was giving the answer they were looking for so it felt much more difficult and "more MMI" than Cinci's.
Banksyluv89
Full Member
The interviewers were incredibly kind and it felt like they wanted you to succeed rather than be anxious/panic.No worries, and thank you for the information. I really appreciate it!
I never got it either! Disappointed because I was really curious what was in it.Hi, for those that interviewed, did anyone receive the "care package"? I interviewed back in October but never recieved
+1I never got it either! Disappointed because I was really curious what was in it.
Hi, for those that interviewed, did anyone receive the "care package"? I interviewed back in October but never recieved
I emailed them about this a couple weeks ago and they said they should be coming soon! They had some issues with deliveries I guess
Do you mind sharing what the email said?did anyone else get the email about decisions being delayed, does that mean interview invites are also being delayed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my friend got an email saying decisions are delayed due to unforeseen circumstances so I was wondering if this had an effect on interview invites as wellDo you mind sharing what the email said?
Banksyluv89
Full Member
Could you copy and paste verbatim what the email said please?did anyone else get the email about decisions being delayed, does that mean interview invites are also being delayed?
Sefereneble
Full Member
On behalf of The University of Toledo’s MD Program Admissions Committee, I thank you for spending the day to interview with us.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, our final evaluation process is taking longer than initially anticipated. I sincerely apologize for the delay in the decision process. We know you are anxiously waiting to hear the decision on your interview.
Please be advised that once the decisions are made, we will send notifications on a rolling basis to applicants regarding their status. You will receive an email regarding your status, which will also be reported in your online application.
On behalf of the Admissions Office and the Admissions Committee, thank you for your patience and understanding.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, our final evaluation process is taking longer than initially anticipated. I sincerely apologize for the delay in the decision process. We know you are anxiously waiting to hear the decision on your interview.
Please be advised that once the decisions are made, we will send notifications on a rolling basis to applicants regarding their status. You will receive an email regarding your status, which will also be reported in your online application.
On behalf of the Admissions Office and the Admissions Committee, thank you for your patience and understanding.
What date did you interview? I interviewed on 10/31 but I didn't receive this email. Maybe it's for students that interviewed earlier that are supposed to be receiving decisions soon? Toledo sent me an email yesterday providing me with additional resources while waiting for my decision.On behalf of The University of Toledo’s MD Program Admissions Committee, I thank you for spending the day to interview with us.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, our final evaluation process is taking longer than initially anticipated. I sincerely apologize for the delay in the decision process. We know you are anxiously waiting to hear the decision on your interview.
Please be advised that once the decisions are made, we will send notifications on a rolling basis to applicants regarding their status. You will receive an email regarding your status, which will also be reported in your online application.
On behalf of the Admissions Office and the Admissions Committee, thank you for your patience and understanding.
Banksyluv89
Full Member
I'm in the same boatWhat date did you interview? I interviewed on 10/31 but I didn't receive this email. Maybe it's for students that interviewed earlier that are supposed to be receiving decisions soon? Toledo sent me an email yesterday providing me with additional resources while waiting for my decision.
Sefereneble
Full Member
September beginningWhat date did you interview? I interviewed on 10/31 but I didn't receive this email. Maybe it's for students that interviewed earlier that are supposed to be receiving decisions soon? Toledo sent me an email yesterday providing me with additional resources while waiting for my decision.
Sefereneble
Full Member
Any idea what to think about it? What it means, why it’s happening, etc?I'm in the same boat
Banksyluv89
Full Member
Only hypothesis is internal restructuring - but that is baseless, just a thought.Any idea what to think about it? What it means, why it’s happening, etc?
sethomas
Full Member
I received it today, and it had: a little notebook, a pen, and puzzle thingI never got it either! Disappointed because I was really curious what was in it.
I'm gonna pretend I didn't see this so I can be surprised when it comes in 😌I received it today, and it had: a little notebook, a pen, and puzzle thing
sethomas
Full Member
sorry :/I'm gonna pretend I didn't see this so I can be surprised when it comes in 😌
no apology please, just me poking some fun at you! congrats on the interview!sorry :/
Isn't the post II acceptance rate here like 82% most of yall who interviewed should be chilling
Hey guys! Now that December is on the horizon, if you've got an interview or acceptance in hand, now is a great time to sign up for a tour! You'll learn a lot about what to expect at the UTCOMLS by getting a tour from the Ambassadors, plus a personalized, in-person experience talking with current medical students. I got my tour around this time 2 years ago and it really made me fall in love with the school!
Banksyluv89
Full Member
Not for OOS applicants 😳Isn't the post II acceptance rate here like 82% most of yall who interviewed should be chilling
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is around 82% for OOS applicants as well.Not for OOS applicants 😳
Banksyluv89
Full Member
I'm going to take this hopeful statement and sleep without anxiety for the first time since the beginning of this process LOLCorrect me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is around 82% for OOS applicants as well.
miserable_cowgal
Full Member
OOS II yesterday! LM 70
congrats! completion date?OOS II yesterday! LM 70