University of Toledo MSBS Application Thread 2018-2019 Class (SMP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudyMoreForSuccess

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I did not see a thread for this SMP so I decided to make one. I was accepted to this program and consider it one of my top choices, if not the top. Reading from previous years it seems that a large portion of the class matriculates directly into the University of Toledo Medical and Life Sciences MD program. I also find attractive the small class size and cost of living.

Has anyone heard about last years percent accepted to their own MD program/ what other MD programs students have been accepted to?

I plan on visiting the campus and taking a look, but if it is anywhere near as amazing as it looks online I will be thrilled.

If anyone is interested stats are as follows: MCAT 512, cGPA 3.1, sGPA ~2.95, and generally strong ECs

Members don't see this ad.

Just saw your post. Ive been accepted to UT MSBS as well and am most likely going to go. From what I have seen on past years posts it looks like 66-75% acceptance rate at UT Medical school for MSBS grads, but if anyone has better information I'd love to hear it. Did you end up visiting the school? Thoughts? Im in Washington State so a visit is not all that practical for me.

Couple things I have learned. The program is under new direction as of last year. I heard quoted about 40%-70% are accepted. However, the most recent class does not have data yet. I could also find no data about acceptance to schools that are no UT Medical School.

I also applied. Do you know how many of last years students were accepted to UT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year 19 out of the 45ish students got accepted to Toledo's Med school. Another 8 students got accepted to other medical schools. This year the program is following a new curriculum so those numbers may change.

I got an email about a scholarship opportunity. Application was just complete today (transcript reached) but it says my application has been reviewed by COGS. Does anyone know if this is a good sign or is it just some sort of automated email for all applicants? Also, how long did it take for you all to hear back?

I got an email about a scholarship opportunity. Application was just complete today (transcript reached) but it says my application has been reviewed by COGS. Does anyone know if this is a good sign or is it just some sort of automated email for all applicants? Also, how long did it take for you all to hear back?

If it is the Dean's Fellows/ Scholars the MSBS is not eligible for that program.

Do you mind me asking what your source for this is?
That number is actually fairly concerning. I was sort of expecting higher numbers. On the UToledo medical school site they state typically the numbers are 65-80%, so a drop to 60% is a bit concerning that graduates from this program are as competitive as they have been in the past. I have a few other acceptances at other MSBS programs around the country, so I may need to rethink UToledo as my number 1. utoledo.edu/med/md/admissions/pathways

This information came directly from students in the program last year. I am waiting to see how many of this year's class (2018) get accepted into Toledo's medical school before I make any real commitments. I know that the medical school is holding interviews for the MSBS class in early May, so there should be new information out then.

Hi everyone, I was accepted to the MSBS program today. Does anyone have info about their financial aid/scholarships? This whole post bacc/SMP is new to me. Thanks!

I was just admitted this past week. If anyone is looking for a roommate down there, let me know. I don’t know anyone from the area.

I'm waitlisted at a few schools, but I wanna apply as backup in case I don't get a seat this year. Is it too late to apply?