University of Toronto, class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have any idea about the numbers required for scholarships? I would really like to know, as it will make a big difference deciding between Toronto and Waterloo, provided I get accepted to both. Thanks for any help in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Question:
How many in here have/will have their bachelors degree by the end of this semester?

ok, so i just wanted to give some very general feedback... Guys, there were people last year who go in with pcat composites in the mid-60's... There were people who had chem marks in the 60's and 70's... There were people who had much lower gpa's than 3.82...
What i'm trying to say to you guys is that don't get to stressed over these tiny "imperfections" in your marks/pcat scores... Believe me, these stats should be more than adequate to make you competitive.

The only real worry should be the interview... No matter how high gpa/pcat you have, if you mess up the interview you'd be ruled out! So instead of questioning your otherwise stellar stats, start thinking about the interviews.

Just my two cents... Best of luck.

yes!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Question:
How many in here have/will have their bachelors degree by the end of this semester?
I'll have a BSc(H) in Chemistry by May 1st! :D
I figure that the requirements (I think they were changed for 2010...) will mean there will be more applicants holding degrees/ about to graduate.

also....is anyone else going crazy waiting for mid-march/interview notifications?!

Does anyone have any idea about the numbers required for scholarships? I would really like to know, as it will make a big difference deciding between Toronto and Waterloo, provided I get accepted to both. Thanks for any help in advance

If you posted a question here and no one has gotten back to it for a while, it is likely that no one knows the answer. Try contacting the schools directly.

Anyone applying for the second time? Tell us why you didn't get accepted the first time

ugh this forum is dead! :sleep:

C'mon people, its almost time for interviews to be announced....how is everyone holding up?

Arent you guys worried about the future job market lol... pharmacists arent a fundemental part of healthcare and arent needed in large masses. The core of the profession is dispensing, which can be to a degree replaced by machines/technology. (There's already drug vending machines).

Arent you guys worried about the future job market lol... pharmacists arent a fundemental part of healthcare and arent needed in large masses. The core of the profession is dispensing, which can be to a degree replaced by machines/technology. (There's already drug vending machines).

I'm not concerned about the future job market. The role of the pharmacist has been growing rapidly and there are a lot of different opportunities (community, industry, clinical, private/consulting pharmacist) across the country. It is likely to be more challenging to work in large, high-density cities (Toronto, Vancouver), but that doesn't seem like something to worry about. The core of the profession isn't relegated to just dispensing drugs (see wikipedia), and is actually moving towards being a more fundamental member of the healthcare team.

I see this new role of the pharmacist as extending into being a more integrated member of the health-care profession. (This issue was discussed on the 1T5 board, so you can look there for other opinions)

and if I recall...druggeek, you're still in high school. Trust me when I say to not stress out about this stuff. If you're university-track, then go to a school you like and enroll in the program that best suits your personal interests and abilities (ie. don't go straight to LifeSci because you think it'll help). The more you like your classes, the better you'll do....and this will help to keep your options open. (and then if you still like pharmacy, then stress out about this stuff if you want).

I'm not concerned about the future job market. The role of the pharmacist has been growing rapidly and there are a lot of different opportunities (community, industry, clinical, private/consulting pharmacist) across the country. It is likely to be more challenging to work in large, high-density cities (Toronto, Vancouver), but that doesn't seem like something to worry about. The core of the profession isn't relegated to just dispensing drugs (see wikipedia), and is actually moving towards being a more fundamental member of the healthcare team.

I see this new role of the pharmacist as extending into being a more integrated member of the health-care profession. (This issue was discussed on the 1T5 board, so you can look there for other opinions)

and if I recall...druggeek, you're still in high school. Trust me when I say to not stress out about this stuff. If you're university-track, then go to a school you like and enroll in the program that best suits your personal interests and abilities (ie. don't go straight to LifeSci because you think it'll help). The more you like your classes, the better you'll do....and this will help to keep your options open. (and then if you still like pharmacy, then stress out about this stuff if you want).

I'm not in high school anymore... You must have a poor perception of time.

I'm dead-set on medicine, 4.0 gpa in my first semester. But I was just curious if pre-pharm students are concerned about the job market.
From what I've heard *last year* was that pharm grads were mostly getting floating jobs and/or part time positions here n there around toronto/gta. But...

1) Waterloo grads werent out yet

2) Number of international grads taken is going to practically double

The issue is most of all saturation, which won't be fixed just cause people say baby boomers will retire blah blah. There will be wayyy more pharmacists than needed to cover for aging peoples' drugs.
Best solution would have been to never increase pharmacy school positions and keep them low + not let in too many internationals... but of course the schools wanna make money.

I'm not in high school anymore... You must have a poor perception of time.

I'm dead-set on medicine, 4.0 gpa in my first semester. But I was just curious if pre-pharm students are concerned about the job market.
From what I've heard *last year* was that pharm grads were mostly getting floating jobs and/or part time positions here n there around toronto/gta. But...

1) Waterloo grads werent out yet

2) Number of international grads taken is going to practically double

The issue is most of all saturation, which won't be fixed just cause people say baby boomers will retire blah blah. There will be wayyy more pharmacists than needed to cover for aging peoples' drugs.
Best solution would have been to never increase pharmacy school positions and keep them low + not let in too many internationals... but of course the schools wanna make money.

Cool, good for you! I hope you have a great career in medicine. :) I thought I had saw you saying you were in HS last year (oh well, sorry for the confusion).

only question...why are you on the pharmacy forum if you're set on medicine? :p

Cool, good for you! I hope you have a great career in medicine. :) I thought I had saw you saying you were in HS last year (oh well, sorry for the confusion).

only question...why are you on the pharmacy forum if you're set on medicine? :p

Was curious what the insight was about this issue that's an obvious problem for so many professions. The obvious solution for pharmacy being to move north.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all

New Here on the Forum

85-86% Percent Average - 3.77 GPA Undergraduate

88 Composite

Anyone here with a masters? lol i feel so old.

I'm also new to this forum!

I have a degree from last May, so you're not the only old one! :p

82% cumulative average,
92/3.5/3.5 Composite PCAT score.

First time applying to U of T ... I am an OOP, reallllly hoping to get an interview this year! :xf:

Haven't heard from the pharmacy students for a long time. Can someone in pharmacy school share your experience with us?

2 more weeks until interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't heard from the pharmacy students for a long time. Can someone in pharmacy school share your experience with us?

Pretty much death atm :(. Everything is stacking up and everyone is super stressed.

For the LOVE of GOD, I can't remember my scores for the written section... and my Pearson account just got locked because I forgot the password LOL AHH FML, hopefully, it was 3.0/3.0 ......

And yes, I'm getting stressed while patiently waiting for March 9th, can you tell? lol

I am a pharmacy student, it is pretty hectic right now. We have 6 courses a semster + online modules like JP, LP, pharmaceutical care +.....And its midterm time right now...

As for your other concers, pharmacists Are a integral part of the Health Care, no other profession is Legally allowed to dispenese, compound drugs, and so on. Pharmacists are also becoming key part in medication therapy and safe use of medications. Though machine can do dispensing, there needs to be a damn physical person to check if its doing it right. Which increases workload of pharmacists. And also this damn machine is only in some Hospitals right now, allowing Pharmacists to have a more clincal role with patients. And as far as community is concerned, i dont think this machine will ever get in a community pharmacy as its too expensive.

And your job concers are true, but as someone above posted get out of Toronto, and you should be fine. And there are no updates to the degree change, only change to the profession is immunizations might be allowed by pharmacists (OCP still seeking insight). So just worry about working hard, and gettin in for now!!!

I am a pharmacy student, it is pretty hectic right now. We have 6 courses a semster + online modules like JP, LP, pharmaceutical care +.....And its midterm time right now...

As for your other concers, pharmacists Are a integral part of the Health Care, no other profession is Legally allowed to dispenese, compound drugs, and so on. Pharmacists are also becoming key part in medication therapy and safe use of medications. Though machine can do dispensing, there needs to be a damn physical person to check if its doing it right. Which increases workload of pharmacists. And also this damn machine is only in some Hospitals right now, allowing Pharmacists to have a more clincal role with patients. And as far as community is concerned, i dont think this machine will ever get in a community pharmacy as its too expensive.

And your job concers are true, but as someone above posted get out of Toronto, and you should be fine. And there are no updates to the degree change, only change to the profession is immunizations might be allowed by pharmacists (OCP still seeking insight). So just worry about working hard, and gettin in for now!!!

Actually nurse practitioners can dispense, compound and sell drugs now. As for the machine, I think they're only going to be implemented in Hospitals and rural areas with no available pharmacy nearby.

a couple more days! get excited people!!!

PS. How do you tell your applicant number? :confused:

a couple more days! get excited people!!!

PS. How do you tell your applicant number? :confused:
Super, super excited and anxious (its released tomorrow!!!!)

your applicant # can be found on the applicant website. After you login, its on the Home Page (where it says "Applicant ID". Your number starts with 20121_ _ _ (the underscores represent your applicant #)

Not sure.... But lets just say that I'll be hitting refresh every 5 minutes after midnight :p :p

Haha, I've already started. Hoping they are a little early? :oops:
I picked the March as my first two choices, and that's creeping up FAST!

I'm glad they do their interviews so early. With UBC, we don't find out if we get an interview until late May/early June!! AH THE WAIT!

Don't people have until today to inform them about interview conflicts? So sadly it might not be midnight =P

Don't people have until today to inform them about interview conflicts? So sadly it might not be midnight =P

Ya. Pretty sure it'll be around either 8 in the morning or the afternoon. (I was looking at last year's thread and they were posted at 8 in the morning).

i'm just honestly blown away at how fast time has flown by. it feels like 3 years ago i was on this forum getting ready for my interview, booking my flight and hotel to toronto and having my interview. one year later, and i've been selected to be a greeter during the march interview sessions for you guys. i remember my interview day as if it were yesterday.

all i can say is be natural, and be yourself. you can only go so far as to "prepare" for the interview.

WOW, same with "reason", I can't believe it's been a whole year since I was waiting for my interview... time sure flies.

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck too...

Oh, just a heads up: they usually post new cut-offs for PCAT right at 12:00 AM (and PLEASE share them here too, I'm curious to see if they've changed at all)...
Also last year they sent the interview invites around 5 AM I think... not sure how they'll decide to do it this year though.

Once again, best of luck everyone.

WOW, same with "reason", I can't believe it's been a whole year since I was waiting for my interview... time sure flies.

Oh, just a heads up: they usually post new cut-offs for PCAT right at 12:00 AM (and PLEASE share them here too, I'm curious to see if they've changed at all)...
Also last year they sent the interview invites around 5 AM I think... not sure how they'll decide to do it this year though.

Oh? They said the cutoffs would be the same this year? And it's now midnight and nothing new is posted. So guess we'll wait for morning for interview announcements.

Last edited:
New cutoffs:
Conventions of Language 3.0
Problem Solving 2.5
Composite Percentile 20
Chemistry percentile 20
Biology percentile 10
Quantitative Ability percentile 10
Reading Comprehension percentile 20
Verbal Ability percentile 10

Looks like its the same as last year.

New cutoffs:
Conventions of Language 3.0
Problem Solving 2.5
Composite Percentile 20
Chemistry percentile 20
Biology percentile 10
Quantitative Ability percentile 10
Reading Comprehension percentile 20
Verbal Ability percentile 10

Looks like its the same as last year.

Where did you read this at?

Hello Helloeveryone!!
do you mind telling us where to get the information from? I was searching on the website but didnt find it.:confused:

Hello Helloeveryone!!
do you mind telling us where to get the information from? I was searching on the website but didnt find it.:confused:

Found it! it's a PDF document posted on your PharmSIS welcome page. it's called Pharmacy College Admission Test Data (first one).

Found it! it's a PDF document posted on your PharmSIS welcome page. it's called Pharmacy College Admission Test Data (first one).

Thank you so much!! haha
theres still nothing on the notifications page..

Wow! The PCAT cut offs are LOW! ... This wait is brutal.. I feel like My finger is glued to the refresh button :$

Wow! The PCAT cut offs are LOW! ... This wait is brutal.. I feel like My finger is glued to the refresh button :$

Same. haha Can't sleep and I have to be up at 6. Panic Attack every five seconds lol

Tell me about it! My hands are shaking! I keep thinking I forgot some part of my application, but I didn't! Oh the paranoia that kicks in when you are nervous!

Oh, HAYYYYYYYY,

Congratulations, gurrrrrl.

I'll be a greeter on March 24th.

Here're some deets I got from admin:

Number of people who applied: ~600
Number of people receiving interviews: ~470

Good luck.

tumblr_lm0eww3FJu1qdlkgg.gif

So..... Who has got themselves an interview? I've got one in march & I am so, so, so beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mine is in March as well. :) So how many people get an admission? 270 or 240?

Oh, HAYYYYYYYY,

Congratulations, gurrrrrl.

I'll be a greeter on March 24th.

Here're some deets I got from admin:

Number of people who applied: ~600
Number of people receiving interviews: ~470

Good luck.

tumblr_lm0eww3FJu1qdlkgg.gif

I have one in March as well! I can't believe almost 500 ppl have interviews though:s