University of Washington Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

anyone hear back about the RIDE?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a Facebook post by someone claiming they got an email at 6 PST this morning stating they are on a waitlist for UW. But the December update mentioned they will be forming a list over the coming weeks. I'm confused. Did anyone else get such an email?

I saw a Facebook post by someone claiming they got an email at 6 PST this morning stating they are on a waitlist for UW. But the December update mentioned they will be forming a list over the coming weeks. I'm confused. Did anyone else get such an email?
Yeah I saw that too and was really confused… I only got the December update email around 4:30.

I got an email that said I was on the alternate list at around 6 am pst! And I did not receive the December update email

I got an email that said I was on the alternate list at around 6 am pst! And I did not receive the December update email
Can I ask what does the email exactly say? Does it say you are on the alternate list or consideration for one? 🥹

Can I ask what does the email exactly say? Does it say you are on the alternate list or consideration for one? 🥹
They said the admissions designated me as an alternate and gave me a link to opt in

I got one as well and not the 4:30 PM email. My understanding is that us on the alternate will directly replace those who choose to decline their offers, and once our list is run through they'll start looking at the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
I got one as well and not the 4:30 PM email. My understanding is that us on the alternate will directly replace those who choose to decline their offers, and once our list is run through they'll start looking at the waitlist.
Did you get it today?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those offered admission, has the registrar sent you an email where you can deposit your $500 check yet?

Congratulations to all of you guys who got in during decision day. I was also placed on the decision as alternate, but on AADSAS it showed up as Wait Listed, should I assume the alternate and waitlist to be the same thing?

Congratulations to all of you guys who got in during decision day. I was also placed on the decision as alternate, but on AADSAS it showed up as Wait Listed, should I assume the alternate and waitlist to be the same thing?
When did you receive the alternate list email, on the 15th?

When did you receive the alternate list email, on the 15th?
I figured that AADSAS just doesn't have an alternate list option so it just listed it as waitlist, but I am pretty certain that the alternate list and waitlist are separate things at UW specifically, not sure about other places though.

I've heard that the DDS students take some of their classes (biomedical foundations courses) with the UW med students. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Those who got offers have 30 days to decide, more offers will be sent on/after the 15th of January

I reached out to the Assoc Dean of Students of Admissions asking what the difference between the Wait-list vs Alternative list and this was her reply:

"The terms are used interchangeably. We call our list an alternate list because it is relatively short and applicants are asked to opt into the alternate list to demonstrate interest in accepting an offer from us. We are still in the process of forming our alternate list.

We sent out a “December Update” e-mail on the afternoon of December 15th to all the applicants still under consideration by the admissions committee."

Susan E. Coldwell, PhD

Associate Dean for Student Services and Admissions

Did anyone get on the alternate list these past 2 months? And did everyone who was on the alternate list from 12/15 get accepted or are there still some that are waiting?

Last edited:
Did anyone get on the alternate list these past 2 months? And did everyone who was on the alternate list from 12/15 get accepted?
Yeah I got accepted on 1/15 after I got the alternate list email on 12/15 :)

I sent another email to Admissions about waitlist movement and how long it would continue and got this back

"We are in the process, and the alternate list has been moving. We maintain the alternate list until the start of school on July 15th."

So hopefully there is HOPE for those of us still waiting for our acceptances.

Just got accepted today. Was placed on the alternate list a month ago.

Reactions: 2 users
I wish I knew. Hopefully if someone reached out to admissions they can let the rest of us know. I’m pretty sure the gal is tired of me 😂

I got in a while ago from the alternate list but when I got put it I asked if it was ranked and she said that it is yea.