University of Washington PharmD Class of 2024 Admissions/Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmxlz

Reaction score
Applied to UW PharmD for early decision. Has anyone heard back from them for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Applied to UW PharmD for early decision. Has anyone heard back from them for interviews?

Is it better to apply for early decision? Also, if someone doesn’t get accepted for early decision, can the student still apply for early decision at another school in the same cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it better to apply for early decision? Also, if someone doesn’t get accepted for early decision, can the student still apply for early decision at another school in the same cycle?
I don’t know if it’s better as in having higher chances, but if you are certain that a school is your first choice, applying ED and getting accepted can save you a lot of time. If not accepted, you can still apply to all other schools through regular decision (deadline in Dec/Jan).

Early decision, regular decision, why does it matter? More important is thinking through whether you want to spend 4 years and $200k to pursue a profession with 0% job growth over the next 10 years (and by the time you graduate it’ll probably be -20% job growth):

Now is the time to jump ship while you still can.

But why? Do you not read the news? I said it before and I'll say it again. Pre-Pharmacy students are some of the most unintelligent students of all the medical professions. Even when faced with all the facts of a dying profession, you still have a bunch of individuals that think they are immune to reality.

But please, do continue to apply to as many schools as you can. Don't worry about the loan, it'll pay itself off when you are being paid in gummy worms. Apply to the most expensive schools you can. :smack:

Now is the time to jump ship while you still can.

We should encourage these pre-pharm students to go into bankruptcy. I think at this point, they are the bottom of the barrel in terms of the medical professional students. After all these posts/threads, if you are still going into pharmacy, you are a horrible student and you clearly are a person who should never ever be a preceptor as you can't even make informed decisions for your own self. Most of these pre-pharm students are those who have their heads so far up their butts, they are the snobbiest of the snobs.

Reactions: 1 user
We should encourage these pre-pharm students to go into bankruptcy. I think at this point, they are the bottom of the barrel in terms of the medical professional students. After all these posts/threads, if you are still going into pharmacy, you are a horrible student and you clearly are a person who should never ever be a preceptor as you can't even make informed decisions for your own self. Most of these pre-pharm students are those who have their heads so far up their butts, they are the snobbiest of the snobs.

They will probably declare bankruptcy without realizing that their $200k+ student loans are non-dischargeable.

Just look at all the students trying to get their loans forgiven via PSLF only to be denied.

Has anybody heard anything yet? I got an email on the 18th saying that they were reviewing my prerequisite courses. Made it sound like they were just now starting to look at my app. Submitted it August 13th. No concrete answer whether I had an interview or not.

Has anybody heard anything yet? I got an email on the 18th saying that they were reviewing my prerequisite courses. Made it sound like they were just now starting to look at my app. Submitted it August 13th. No concrete answer whether I had an interview or not.
Did you apply early decision or regular?

Applied early decision. Just got an email inviting me for an interview!
Which day is your interview? I am going on the 9th :) Do you know if they are MMI styled or less formal?

Last edited:
Better yet, for your interview print out a copy of the BLS 2018-2028 pharmacist job growth projections, hand them to your interviewers and ask them: “in light of the 0% job projections the government is estimating, how are you preparing your graduates to be employable in the modern day job market?”

But you are giving these pre-pharm students WAY too much credit. I doubt many of these students even know what the BLS is. Again, bottom of the barrel is where most of these students are. The smart ones have gone/are heading to other fields already.