University of Waterloo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can someone explain the early application? is it for co-op?

Hello,

No, it has nothing to do with Co-op. The early application for enrollment into the 2011 Jan classes are for those who have completed all the requirements before the end of the summer term. UW usually does this since they have extra seats available in their 2011 Jan classes.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

No, it has nothing to do with Co-op. The early application for enrollment into the 2011 Jan classes are for those who have completed all the requirements before the end of the summer term. UW usually does this since they have extra seats available in their 2011 Jan classes.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Do you know how many seats are open for Jan 2011?
What about the English requirements? I go to waterloo so i just have to pass the ELPE right?

Do you know how many seats are open for Jan 2011?
What about the English requirements? I go to waterloo so i just have to pass the ELPE right?

I'm not really sure how many seats are available but I'm guessing not a lot and it's sort of like first come first serve... they fill the spots as applications get in so if you are considering it make sure you apply EARLY!
I'm not really sure of the English requirement... I'm thinking that if you have been in an English-School in Canada for most of your life than you've already fulfilled it, but I could be wrong.
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted an app for 2012 but I want to be considered for 2011 too. I didn't see a spot for the admission profile or reference letter. Will these come at a later date?

I just submitted an app for 2012 but I want to be considered for 2011 too. I didn't see a spot for the admission profile or reference letter. Will these come at a later date?

I believe if you send in your complete application before the Nov. 1 deadline then you will automatically be considered for the 2011 class.

Hey guys,

I'm applying to Waterloo now and I have a few questions regarding admissions !

Firstly, I they are asking for Waterloo ID# for people who applied to Waterloo before (which I did, but it was for a different program)... problem is that I can't find the number anywhere! Anyone else having the same problem? What to do????

Also, as I understand, we have to submit our application fee and our personal info THEN they'll email us back with details about the reference letter and the application profile??? Right?

Hey guys,

I'm applying to Waterloo now and I have a few questions regarding admissions !

Firstly, I they are asking for Waterloo ID# for people who applied to Waterloo before (which I did, but it was for a different program)... problem is that I can't find the number anywhere! Anyone else having the same problem? What to do????

Also, as I understand, we have to submit our application fee and our personal info THEN they'll email us back with details about the reference letter and the application profile??? Right?

Maybe its in your e-mail somewhere. Thats where I got mine.

Ya pay first ask questions later.

I'm starting my application for 2012. (yes early, before school/the chaos starts),

so do I have until Feb. 11th to SUBMIT everything to them or for them to receive it by that date?

Thanks!

hey guys,
I will be applying to waterloo for their 2012 cycle as well and I'm really excited :D :D :D
To those who applied last year, I was wondering if i can get some feedback about the interview process? Like what kind of questions they asked and I heard something about giving like a 5mins presentation at the beginning of the interview or something like that? If you had to sign a confidentiality form and can't release all that information, then its ok :)

hey guys,

I was just wondering if someone has just finished first year of university (i.e. starting the second year of university this year) then there is NO way to be eligible for the 2011 (limited spots) cycle, right???

I know it's kinda a stupid questions, but I just wanted to be 100% sure. :)

hey guys,

I was just wondering if someone has just finished first year of university (i.e. starting the second year of university this year) then there is NO way to be eligible for the 2011 (limited spots) cycle, right???

I know it's kinda a stupid questions, but I just wanted to be 100% sure. :)

hi, if you have not finished your pre-reqs then you won't be accepted. you need at least 2 yrs to be considered so by jan. 2011 you will only have 1 yr 1/2. so you are not elligble for jan. 2011.

was anybody invited for an interview from waterloo yet? for entrance of jan 2011?!

Members don't see this ad :)
i do not know when they are going to send out the interview emails but i am worried

Last edited:
This might be a stupid question, but...

I applied for Jan 2011 last year, and got rejected. I'm going to apply again soon for Jan 2012...but can I apply for early admission Jan 2011? Or are they going to be like "this guy is ******ed..."

This might be a stupid question, but...

I applied for Jan 2011 last year, and got rejected. I'm going to apply again soon for Jan 2012...but can I apply for early admission Jan 2011? Or are they going to be like "this guy is ******ed..."

well i guess it depends why you got rejected. if it was because of your interview then i would definitely try again. take an interview workshop or something. if it was because of ur grades then maybe you need a full year to improve on that. but whatever, there's no harm in trying, if you get rejected for jan 2011 then you are automatically considered for 2012.

if anybody gets invited for an interview please post on this website. I think noone has gotten an interview yet, maybe it is a bit too early, but if anybody does get invited for an interview for this jan please post it on this forum. thanks

actually if I were you I would be alittle more careful about applying or not, because if you do get an interview for the 2011 cycle but you get rejected, then rejction would be forboth 2011 and 2012, so if you need to improve your GPA do that first then apply again.

Can you guys help me please??

i was wondering as to why I CANT CREATe an account. Everytime i try to it says "ERROR 9104: This application is no longer accepting new accounts."

How do i fix this problem?

Thankyou

i was wondering as to why I CANT CREATe an account. Everytime i try to it says "ERROR 9104: This application is no longer accepting new accounts."

Thankyou

What account are you trying to make?

Thankyou

Their applications are down until Oct 7th for some reason, it says so on their main website:

" Please note that the application site will be shutdown from September 27 through October 6, 2010 and will reopen on October 7."

try again after

can people who have already submitted there application mind putting up your stats please??

Thankyou!!

When answering questions on the AP did you guys use all the space available or had space left? e.g. max was 300 words, did you guys use all 300 words?

just wondering

Hey guys, just curious what the application fee is for UW? I have yet to start filling out my application.

can anyone speculate as to how many seats are there?
i have heard it is about 10!
can someone verify!!

Hi,
The application fee is a little more than $200. Good luck!

The deadline to be considered for Jan 2011 is coming fast. I submitted my application yesterday. Good luck to everyone that would like to be considered for Jan 2011.

Here is my speculation for number of spots left for Jan 2011.

From 2011 forum someone wrote that they interviewed 193 people. Waterloo generally interviews 240 from which 120 get spots. Therefore 240-193=47 interviews from which i suspect around 20 or so spots are open for jan 2011. I have a feeling people that got rejected from last year "early admission" will be back to attend the interviews this cycle and will most likely get accepted.

Does anyone know where we are supposed to send our transcripts (i.e. the exact address)? Or are these automatically sent by our university if the online application is complete?

Also, the high school transcript that we send, is it okay for it to be sent by the student or does it have to be sent by the high school directly?

Last edited:
Your high school transcript is not required by UW School of Pharmacy.

Your high school transcript is not required by UW School of Pharmacy.

I didn't think it was either, but when I logged into quest, under my high school in the education section it said transcript action: desired.

Not sure what this means.

It is November 4, has anyone received interviews yet? When do you think they will send the interview invites?

I didn't think it was either, but when I logged into quest, under my high school in the education section it said transcript action: desired.

Not sure what this means.

I think what it means is that they are looking into our applications right now. We have to have Gr. 12 english completed i think that is why they are "desiring" our highschool transcript.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

i just emailed Julie Peacock regarding when we can expect to receive interview invites and she emailed back saying:

"Within the next week we will let students know."

Good LUCK TO ALL!!

hey...for those that applied/got accepted..does anyone know what the policy is regarding missing pre req courses?

Iam missing phys chem, micro, and stats....thanks

hey...for those that applied/got accepted..does anyone know what the policy is regarding missing pre req courses?

Then you will be missing an invite as well. I am not trying to be mean. It's just that they are pretty strict with their pre-reqs and certainly will not tolerate missing three of them.

I think it depends on when you are applying for. I know people who have been given conditional offers depending on if they complete it before the pharmacy year starts.

I think what it means is that they are looking into our applications right now. We have to have Gr. 12 english completed i think that is why they are "desiring" our highschool transcript.

Just to confirm then, we are not required to submit our high school transcripts? This confirmation of completion of Gr. 12 english is something they'll get on their own?

I think it depends on when you are applying for. I know people who have been given conditional offers depending on if they complete it before the pharmacy year starts.

Ya I know people who got conditional offers as well. But in every case they were missing 1 pre-req. Not 3.

Hey guys, I was going to apply for waterloo pharmacy as well and just wanted to know if most of the people have completed their pre-requisites yet? I still need to complete microbiology but it will be hard for me to complete it this year since it is a full year course at my uni (which is UTM) and I didn't take the course. I was thinking of taking it at UofT Scarborough Campus and wanted to know if BIOC17 is equivalent to the microbiology course at waterloo. If so, has anyone taken that course and know the it's difficulty?

Thanks and goodluck to everyone in the application procedure! :)

anyone receive interview invites yet? I just emailed and they said they have sent the invites!!

Hey guys, I was going to apply for waterloo pharmacy as well and just wanted to know if most of the people have completed their pre-requisites yet? I still need to complete microbiology but it will be hard for me to complete it this year since it is a full year course at my uni (which is UTM) and I didn't take the course. I was thinking of taking it at UofT Scarborough Campus and wanted to know if BIOC17 is equivalent to the microbiology course at waterloo. If so, has anyone taken that course and know the it's difficulty?

I don't go to your school or Waterloo, but when I inquired about equivalencies for some of my courses they were very accomodating. In fact they had already compiled a list of equivalencies from my school and had no qualms if you wanted to submit a syllabus for a different course to determine if it could be used as a pre-req.

From past experience, having had such a high GPA and years of pharmacy experience, I wasn't accepted since I was missing 3 courses. Seeing as though you are only missing one, you may get away with it if other parts of the application are stronger (ie. lots of experience, high grades, etc).

If you email them, they will send you a full list of all the courses you need and their equivalences for UofT.

Good luck :)

hey guys!

I hope you are all working hard on your applications and grades! Don't forgot that you need to focus on school more than you worry about this application, because your grades really matter so don't slip!

Also, what's everyones stats like? Anyone applying for the first or second time?

Good luck!

hey guys!

I hope you are all working hard on your applications and grades! Don't forgot that you need to focus on school more than you worry about this application, because your grades really matter so don't slip!

Also, what's everyones stats like? Anyone applying for the first or second time?

Good luck!

Hey, it seems you got the interview invite!! If you did Congratulations!!

My interview is on Nov 20th! Eep! One week!