• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

BlackToothFairy01

5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2016
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hey guys! I'm a U.S. citizen who was recently accepted into the University of West Indies-Mona DDS program. I know the school as U.S. partnerships but I wondered how I would be licensed to work in the U.S. upon my completion of the 5 year program? Could I take whatever licensure exam that those who attended a U.S. school took and just right into practicing? Are there any states that would accept my degree and allow me to work or would an advanced program be required? I appreciate any responses. Thanks in advance. P.S. This was my first cycle applying to any school and I chose this school because of the technology & cost.

Reactions: 1 user

DrMarioRobles

5+ Year Member
May 11, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Hey guys! I'm a U.S. citizen who was recently accepted into the University of West Indies-Mona DDS program. I know the school as U.S. partnerships but I wondered how I would be licensed to work in the U.S. upon my completion of the 5 year program? Could I take whatever licensure exam that those who attended a U.S. school took and just right into practicing? Are there any states that would accept my degree and allow me to work or would an advanced program be required? I appreciate any responses. Thanks in advance. P.S. This was my first cycle applying to any school and I chose this school because of the technology & cost.
I don’t see that school in the ADA website under accredited CODA programs, If your goal is to work in the U.S. and you don’t want to go through the whole validation process I would get in touch with the ADA. Otherwise you’re probably gonna have to take the Integrated National Dental Board Exam “INBDE” once you get here and then apply for a 2 years program. But ask the ADA because I might be wrong. I only see programs in Canada and 2 schools that is located outside the contiguous United States area that is accredited by CODA.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.