You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Wyoming Pharmacy
Started by chemtopharm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fwheel...the interview process is more or less your standard interview questions. The questions will see if you can engage in a conversation, but also will test how you handle difficult situations...basically they want to see if you can answer a difficult question with a bit of conviction. For example, if you see a classmate cheating, what would you do? There really might not be a correct answer, but rather seeing how you handle yourself. Also, you will have an opportunity to have breakfast with current students, so definitely ask their opinions as they are more than happy to help you out. As for your second question, could you clarify more? In what ways are you worried about your safety? In my opinion the campus is similar to pretty much every college campus. That being said, it is a more rural community than let's say, San Fransisco, but I don't feel like you would be in any danger. Also, I really didn't participate in any campus groups so I can't tell you anything about them...school kept me busy enough that I more or less came to campus for class and studying and really nothing else.
Wow, what an awesome interview experience! Everyone there was incredibly kind and professional, and the interviewers definitely put you at ease. The math test/essay are nothing to fret over, if anyone is reading this in anticipation of an interview. I'm really hoping for an acceptance! I think Ms. Bennett said that they will send out acceptances/status updates in less than 2 weeks! 😱
One thing I was a bit disappointed in is that there was no tour of the facilities, didn't get to see the classrooms or labs. I'd be interested to hear the opinion of current students on how well equipped the school is.
One thing I was a bit disappointed in is that there was no tour of the facilities, didn't get to see the classrooms or labs. I'd be interested to hear the opinion of current students on how well equipped the school is.
I agree with chemtopharm, the interview process was really laid back and I fell in love with the school. I was hoping for a tour of the school, but I ended up just exploring on my own anyway. Good luck to you chemtopharm! We hear back one week from now next Monday! 😱
I agree with chemtopharm, the interview process was really laid back and I fell in love with the school. I was hoping for a tour of the school, but I ended up just exploring on my own anyway. Good luck to you chemtopharm! We hear back one week from now next Monday! 😱
Thanks fwheel, good luck to you as well!
Man I am refreshing my e-mail every 10 minutes waiting for a letter, gahh!
So is the school fairly quick at responding to those that have interviewed with a decision? Also, i was looking at the stats that were on pharmcas, and i was wondering if anyone knows what the ratio was last year of actually interviewed versus accepted.
At the interview session I attended we were told that the committee would meet the next Friday after the interview to make a decision and that acceptances/status updates would be sent out the following Monday. Haven't heard a peep from them though.
As far as the interviewed/accepted ratio, no clue.
WOOO, just received my acceptance letter!
WOOO, just received my acceptance letter!
CONGRATS!!!! 😀 I am checking my email frantically for some type of news now ahhhh!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind me asking your academic stats(PCAT&GPA)? I have an interview tomorrow and I'm getting nervous if they are already sending out acceptances without seeing everyone.WOOO, just received my acceptance letter!
Do you mind me asking your academic stats(PCAT&GPA)? I have an interview tomorrow and I'm getting nervous if they are already sending out acceptances without seeing everyone.
Sent you a PM.
ZoMajor, how did your interview go? Did you like the school?
I'm waiting to hear back from UC-Denver and then will have to choose should I get accepted there. I'm leaning toward Denver because I feel like there are more opportunities to experience different fields of pharmacy. However I really, really liked Wyo when I interviewed!
If any current students/applicants are reading this I'd be interested to hear what made you decide on Wyoming above other schools, thanks!
I'm waiting to hear back from UC-Denver and then will have to choose should I get accepted there. I'm leaning toward Denver because I feel like there are more opportunities to experience different fields of pharmacy. However I really, really liked Wyo when I interviewed!
If any current students/applicants are reading this I'd be interested to hear what made you decide on Wyoming above other schools, thanks!
Hello, I am new to SDN, but have been looking into Wyoming as a possible school to apply for pharmacy. I have about 2 years left before I am done with my degree and plan to apply then. I saw that you were accepted to UW. Do mind me asking about your academic standing prior to being accepted (PCAT&GPA)? I would like to have something to compare with. Thanks
Hello, I am new to SDN, but have been looking into Wyoming as a possible school to apply for pharmacy. I have about 2 years left before I am done with my degree and plan to apply then. I saw that you were accepted to UW. Do mind me asking about your academic standing prior to being accepted (PCAT&GPA)? I would like to have something to compare with. Thanks
Sent you a PM.
Wyoming has a weird policy where the first two years of the program are considered undergrad for financial aid purposes, and the last two are considered professional. It may make sense for you to apply before you finish your degree if you decide you may want to go here, otherwise for fin aid purposes you're considered to be seeking a second bachelors degree, which equates to bumpkus for financial aid for two years.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K