UNLV Acceptance Formula???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KenKim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So from different sources, I heard that UNLV accept students using a formula

25 points from interview and...

75 points from.... [(Science GPA + Cum. GPA)/8] X [RC/30] X [(BIO + OC + QR)/90] X 75

But from somewhere else, i heard interview is worth 10 points. 5 from student interview and 5 from faculty interview... which is right? 25 points? or 10 points

A UNLV student confirmed this formula... but didnt tell me above what number = acceptance.

Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fantastic....I've got a 23 TS but my 18 RC and 17 QR really decrease my competitiveness. :D

I was really starting to get excited about UNLV too. +pissed+

44.31 before interview. :banana:

If it wasn't so freakin expensive for OOS, I would have applied.

Fantastic....I've got a 23 TS but my 18 RC and 17 QR really decrease my competitiveness. :D

lol same here really high DAT scores but not so great RC. its so weird to me that they put so much weight on RC. maybe to get the fobs out. my friend from UNLV told me the student population is not very diverse... mostly white peepo

I have a 24.6 pre interview score....meaning even if I did very well on the interview I would be sub 50...I still got an interivew though. I'm OOS, non-caucasian, and non-urm. =/ It doesn't help I suck at interviews

I got an 18 in QR and a 25 TS and was notified of an interview there even as an out of state resident. That should tell you how much emphasis they put on QR.

Why can't more schools be so open about their formula for approximating who they interview/accept? They all have to have some sort of a calculation to help them sift through the sheer amount of applicants they get..

Apparently I should have tried applying to UNLV if according to that other thread linked about this a 55+ is considered "pretty much a guarantee". 48.6 before the interview is factored in. Lol

They obviously factor more into this because based on this formula I would be accepted. However, I was rejected before interview.

I'm not saying the formula is worthless, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in the formula=acceptance basket.

They obviously factor more into this because based on this formula I would be accepted. However, I was rejected before interview.

I'm not saying the formula is worthless, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in the formula=acceptance basket.

That's a pretty banging profile you've got going on too. Was your personal statement in Spanish? I heard they dock 10 points for that.

Haha maybe that would have got me an interview.

I can only think that I held on the the supplement too long, or they aren't happy that I'm missing some prereqs. I just finished O Chem two weeks ago (which I figured I could get a free pass on because of my DAT) and still have biochem and gen chem II to finish. Thankfully I have two other interviews so far :xf:

Haha maybe that would have got me an interview.

I can only think that I held on the the supplement too long, or they aren't happy that I'm missing some prereqs. I just finished O Chem two weeks ago (which I figured I could get a free pass on because of my DAT) and still have biochem and gen chem II to finish. Thankfully I have two other interviews so far :xf:

Nice! No GCII or OCHMII and you still pulled 20+ on each. We applied to a few of the same programs. You're invited to my study group if we end up at the same school, deal?

Thanks! It was cram for the DAT or wait another year to apply.

Deal on study group and good luck to both of us. :laugh:

doc toothache has a sheet with formulas and how to calculate them. look for it.

That's a pretty banging profile you've got going on too. Was your personal statement in Spanish? I heard they dock 10 points for that.

lol u know i think they consider spanish important. i heard you have to take spanish on your first year haha

I know exactly why they rejected u. Ur stats are too good for their school. they know if they accept you you will go somewhere else that u got accepted. they trying to save a spot for interview and a seat for someone with lower stats that will accept their offer.

I know exactly why they rejected u. Ur stats are too good for their school. they know if they accept you you will go somewhere else that u got accepted. they trying to save a spot for interview and a seat for someone with lower stats that will accept their offer.

You are now my favorite SDN'er

Yeah, if I remember right, it's only like a 5-6 week course and it's supposed to be pretty easy. Although many would probably gawk at it, I think it isn't a bad idea, especially with the widespread usage of the language in the area and the Southwest in general. If I had to say anything about it though, I'd say to the school either do it or don't, meaning, either teach your students to be proficient in Spanish (which would take much longer than 5-6 weeks for most people), or don't do it at all. Adding a year or two of Spanish into the curriculum would probably turn off a lot of people generally, so maybe they're trying to find a happy medium.

You are now my favorite SDN'er

lol but thats nothing but the truth. thats y u see very competitive students get rejected from western midwesternaz unlv usn