UNLV Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: UNLV Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Nevada-Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: University of Nevada-Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.56
Science GPA: 3.47
DAT: 21.3AA, 20.7TS, 21.0PAT
Applied: 1,603
OOS: 1,448 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 67 Accepted
IS: 87 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 51 Accepted
International: 68 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 4 Accepted
# Enrolled: 84
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.49
Science GPA: 3.43
DAT: 20.9AA, 20.6TS, 20.9PAT
Applied: 1,655
OOS: 1,525 Applied, 81 Accepted
IS: 60 Applied, 38 Accepted
International: 70 Applied, 4 Accepted
# Enrolled: 78
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.72-3.93
Overall: 2.84-3.96

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got a Kira invite today. Do all applicants receive this or is this considered an interview invite?

Part of the email
“After review of your video assessment, the admission committee will select applicants they deem competitive for our program and invite them to one of the several on-campus information sessions.”

Reactions: 1 user
Got invited for KIRA today. Not sure if everyone receives it or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
does it matter if everyone receives it or not?
not a criticism, just a question
will you put less or more effort either way?

no, just relax and be yourself and trust the process...

I also received an invite to complete a Kira Talents assessment. It seems to me that the Kira assessment is the interview portion. My AADSAS portal was updated to "Invited for Interview".

Those of you that received a Kira interview-- when did you submit your application?

Interview #2
Notification date: 8/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS (CA)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.80; Overall: 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22 TS/24 PAT/22 RC/None under 17
Method of interview: Kira (within 5 days of receiving the email) then an information session where are you will be informally interviewed by students and teachers, and after that the school will make their decisions. (This is what I heard from another student, if anyone else wants to confirm this or say otherwise that’d be nice!)

Interview #4
Notification date:
9/5
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.75; Overall: 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 28 TS, 23 PAT, N/A
Method of interview: In person (10/12), latest were in late October

Interview #3
School: UNLV
Notification date:
9/5
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/03
Application complete date: 06/05
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.88; Overall: 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22 TS, 22 PAT, No
Method of interview: In Person

Did you guys get a confirmation email once you scheduled your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my Kira on Thursday and just finished it. For those who have done Kira and got invited in-person-- how long was it in-between the in-person visit invite after you finished Kira?

Got my Kira on Thursday and just finished it. For those who have done Kira and got invited in-person-- how long was it in-between the in-person visit invite after you finished Kira?
Finished my kira assessment 8/19 got invited for campus visit 9/5.

Has anyone done the on campus visit for this cycle? Mine is 10/6 and I’m trying to figure out what to expect for the interview.

how'd it go?
Had the on campus interview today. Was extremely laid back, asked current students questions majority of the time. not much prep to do for this one tbh

For those who got interviews, congratulation. Can you share how the experience was please? What kind fo Qs asked?

For those who got interviews, congratulation. Can you share how the experience was please? What kind fo Qs asked?
Very chill day. Learned about the school, and not many questions were asked of us. More like us asking questions to the students. The Kira honestly was the part of the interview process that gave the school insight of you, the in person info session was just that. An information session

does anyone know when our aadsas status or portal challenge would change? Would it be midnight dec. 15?

does anyone know when our aadsas status or portal challenge would change? Would it be midnight dec. 15?
If you had an interview during the fall, you will receive a phone call if you are accepted and an email if you are put on the waitlist or denied

If you had an interview during the fall, you will receive a phone call if you are accepted and an email if you are put on the waitlist or denied
I think those who get accepted also get email, according to the previous years.

• Love
too late to apply to UNLV at this point?
IS or OOS? Either way, it's super duper late. I honestly can't speak much to the school itself, but if you just want to add it at the last minute, you'd probably be better off not giving them the donation. But if you have the money and have applied to other schools already, why not shoot your shot? If you haven't applied to other schools, just bite the bullet and wait a year. That is what I would do in your shoes

I got a call around 8am PST!!

I still don't see any updates in the portal or anything

any updates? are they still calling?

Got an email at 3:30pm PST! My friend got a call at the same time!

However no change in my AADSAS portal or UNLV portal so don’t fret

did everyone who got accepted receive their male package yet or still waiting?

Reactions: 1 users
Just declined my offer - good luck to anyone who may get the seat!

Reactions: 2 users