UNLV Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone else also got the information session for Feb 9th?! Do you guys thinks there’s still a chance to get in after this ?
 
I was wondering if anyone else also got the information session for Feb 9th?! Do you guys thinks there’s still a chance to get in after this ?
the school wouldn't spend the time and money if they were not looking to make sure they have enough good candidates for their class...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in October and didn't hear anything back on decision day and haven't been sent a waitlist invite. Anyone else in the same boat?
 
Interviewed in October and didn't hear anything back on decision day and haven't been sent a waitlist invite. Anyone else in the same boat?
yup, I interviewed in Oct as well, and it's been radio silence since then. No rejection, no acceptance, no email about a waitlist. I've been ghosted, and there are others on this thread in the same boat.
 
I just got an email saying I was placed on the alternate list for UNLV. I’m assuming it’s the waitlist ?
 
I just got an email saying I was placed on the alternate list for UNLV. I’m assuming it’s the waitlist ?
Alternate and waitlist is the same thing! That is my take. If you go to your AADSAS portal it will say "Wait listed" when you look at your status for all the schools you applied to.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate and waitlist is the same thing! That is my take. If you go to your AADSAS portal it will say "Wait listed" when you look at your status for all the schools you applied to.
Yes I just saw it. It wasn’t there before so I wasn’t sure but it says “waitlisted” now
 
Do you think the class is full now? I interviewed in Feb and it is completely silent since then. No alternate list email, no call, no update.
 
Do you think the class is full now? I interviewed in Feb and it is completely silent since then. No alternate list email, no call, no update.
Based on what I’ve heard from student, it not completely full but the spots are probably less than 10.
 
An update for everyone who is like me, interviewed and has not heard anything.
I called the SDM yesterday and they told me, "everyone that has been accepted or waitlisted has been notified."
They told me that I am "still being considered" and will be up until orientation.

So hopefully that provides some clarity for some of you who are like me!
 
An update for everyone who is like me, interviewed and has not heard anything.
I called the SDM yesterday and they told me, "everyone that has been accepted or waitlisted has been notified."
They told me that I am "still being considered" and will be up until orientation.

So hopefully that provides some clarity for some of you who are like me!
Thank you for finding that out, I’m in the same position. I’m curious if we are supposed to be working on reapplying because orientation isn’t till august (I believe) and that’s almost the time for applying to next cycle.
 
Thank you for finding that out, I’m in the same position. I’m curious if we are supposed to be working on reapplying because orientation isn’t till august (I believe) and that’s almost the time for applying to next cycle.
if you don't have any acceptances, you should be working on a re-application if you still want to pursue dentistry...