UNLV full class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaremy

TCB - UNLV 2009
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how full is UNLV right now?..........they are on break and can't call them.............thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ask ShawnOne! :cool:

I'm not sure but I dont think there is many out-of-state spots left.

Members don't see this ad :)
the class is full, they are interviewing for the alternate list....

i know that sucks, but its the true story.

sorry to be the bearer of the news

T

I called today & here is some of the latest 411:

The class is full.
They don't have an exact starting date for school...end of Aug.
There is no health insurance through the school.
Bring proof of MMR, TB and Hep B.
There will be an emailing of email addresses of other students.

people still interviewing for the alternates? too bad they dont require a deposit to hold the spot. people will hod on until june at this rate.

I didn't ask about interviewing for alternates. There is still hope. Financial aid may not work out for some people with horrible credit. From what I gather, schools have to drop a few matriculants because they simply can't get the money for tuition.

I'm from CA, and I withdrew my acceptance offer from UNLV today. So there's one more O.O.S. spot available - hope this is good news for you!

Originally posted by mathnerd
From what I gather, schools have to drop a few matriculants because they simply can't get the money for tuition.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've never heard ot his happening before. That isn't to say that it doesn't happen, but I don't think it routinely happens at schools and I highly doubt it happens at each schools.

Does a poor credit rating affect federal loans in the same manner it might affect private loans?

Originally posted by ItsGavinC

Does a poor credit rating affect federal loans in the same manner it might affect private loans?

No. It only affects private loans. And then usually you will only need a co-signer.

GavinC,

Does a poor credit rating affect federal loans in the same manner it might affect private loans? [/B][/QUOTE]

I have spoken with 2 different recruiters one from UOP and the other from a school that escapes my memory. Anyway, I was informed that each applicant had outstanding credit card bills, defaulted with payments and was, subsequently, denied loans. I don't think that it is too terribly common at state schools or at any school for that matter; however, at the private ones, it doesn't mean a thing if you ain't got that bling. Further, why would a school comment on this? It just gets swept under the rug. I don't think that most of us have or have had to lose any sleep from this.