UNLV: In-state tuition after first year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheMolarTheMarrier

Reaction score
Hello. I recently was accepted to University of Nevada Las Vegas. I am an Arizona resident, and one big plus about the school for me is the possibility of getting in-state tuition after the first year. I was wondering, is this easy to achieve? How soon do I need to be taking steps toward establishing residency? Are there any resources I can look at? I was having a hard time finding more info on this, aside from what they told me during the interview and info sessions. If you are/were an OOS student at UNLV, I would love to hear your perspective. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I recently was accepted to University of Nevada Las Vegas. I am an Arizona resident, and one big plus about the school for me is the possibility of getting in-state tuition after the first year. I was wondering, is this easy to achieve? How soon do I need to be taking steps toward establishing residency? Are there any resources I can look at? I was having a hard time finding more info on this, aside from what they told me during the interview and info sessions. If you are/were an OOS student at UNLV, I would love to hear your perspective. Thank you!

how easy? easy as a cake/pie. steps?

Fall quarter of second year starts around september iirc correctly, in order to play this perfectly safe and sound, you should move to Vegas around July/august (so your application in the following year in August will mean you successfully live in Vegas for 1 year, it will be processed very fast in a week or so and your tuition for second year will be adjusted accordingly)

change your driver license to your vegas address. when tax return filing is in next April, you can file with 0$ income so the tax returns hows your vegas address. when Ancajas calls for the application, just follows the instruction and submit it (but the tax return and driver license and your lease should be all it takes)

you can search criteria on how to establish residence in vegas.

here are the links you probably look for.

Again, changing residence should not be a problem UNLV feeds on OOS students because their IS students have super low stats. be prepared to deal with the shady administration and faculties with super high ego who think they are GV Blacks descendent. Also be prepared to be ignored by the administration in the time you need them the most while they still collect all your tuition.

Sources:I was an OOS and graduted from UNLV. nobody fails to change residence as far as I know.

Reactions: 2 users