UNLV ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xbyte

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts of this program? It appears to have made some changes this year. Has it rebounded completely and will it be competitive this year?

Members don't see this ad.

It's bound to still have lots of challenges, like every other program in the U.S.

However, with the departure of the Hurst-and-Pourhamidi show, things should be turning the corner.

I know of one young full-timer who's now in Vegas. He's a bright PhD who will work hard and be well-liked by residents. I think Vegas will improve.

What do you mean competitive? Every ortho program will always fill all its spots. Ortho will always be competitive. Too many people want to do it.

Lots of people will want to live in Vegas and will deal with any remaining problems at UNLV ortho.

Hi,

i also heard that they have a fellowship program this year. What do u think about some one doing this fellowship program and getting into either UNLV or some other ortho residency program.

I understand that ortho will always be competitive, making any program difficult to be accepted. However, UNLV is non-match meaning that some applicants will have to pull out of the match once they are accepted. It's a gamble...some applicants may have another program they would rather attend. Is it worth giving up the acceptance in hopes of being accepted to a more "well established" program? You could run the risk of ending up with nothing...:confused: