Unlv psychiatry moonlighting

Started by budda10000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hello everyone,

I interviewed at unlv psych awhile back and had questions regarding the moonlighting opportunities. From what I was able to gather only "in house" moonlighting is available at 50 to 60/hour. Is this true because it seems a little low compared to other programs. I really liked the progam but this kind of concerns me because I have rather large student loan I would like to make a dent in. Any info would be much appreciated!

Did they say that you are only allowed to moonlight in house per their contract or that in house moonlighting is the only opportunity available in the area? I interviewed somewhere else that only paid $50/hr for in house moonlighting and stated that due to the area there weren't other opportunities. However they didn't explicitly say residents couldn't do external moonlighting.