Positive! I'm doing a residency in NYS and was advised by my program on the issue. April 1st deadline only applies if you're registering for the compounding exam (Part III) in June. You would need to submit Forms 1, 2, and the Castle Application by April 1st to qualify. Your school would then need to submit an additional Form 2 to the NYS Boards post-graduation for you to sit for NAPLEX (Part I) and MPJE (Part II). If you are doing the waiver option, you can sit for NAPLEX and MPJE as soon as your Forms 1 and 2(post-graduation) are received and approved. Your residency would then submit an additional waiver (Form 4b) later to replace Part III. I was advised to apply for NYS intern licensure (Form 5) and do the waiver option. You won't get licensure until end of September, but I don't think taking Part III is worth the risk of failing and being kicked out of your program. If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me 🙂