Unsw

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petrelli

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any internationals going to the UNSW for med school next year? :)

(I'm not 100% sure whether to accept but I wanted to give a 'shout-out'!)

Members don't see this ad.

hello,

I am going to unsw med nt yr. I am from Singapore. How about u? You havent accepted ur offer? wad are ur considerations? I guess the only concerns I had then when trying to decide were the duration of the course and the cost of living in sydney, but after much research it seems that unsw is indeed a reputable medical sch in both Austr and internaional arena, so the extra one yr actually doesnt matter much to me, further more it is rather near to spore. haha.

If you got any question can send me a private msg, i know of a helpful sporean yr 4 student in unsw, may be i can introduce him to you and he can clarify any queries you have!!

Hi
I just wanted to ask you guys if it was advisible to apply now for the 2008 term. Please also let me know how long after sending in the applications did you hear from the UNSW. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi tyerat,

If i am not wrong the dateline for submitting ur application will be end of Nov. You can check this website it essentially tells u all the forms you got to fill in and their respective datelines.

URL: http://www.med.unsw.edu.au/medweb.nsf/page/howtoapply_intl

Depending on where you are from, you may require to take the additional UMAT exam, so the time before you hear from them may vary.

In my case, i was exempted from UMAT so I waited around 3 mths after i applied in march before they replied and scheduled a telephone interview with me. Then it took around another mth when they started shortlisting ppl for the first round of offers, that was in June. You got around one mth to accept the offer. Yup this is roughly wad i went through earlier on. Hope it is useful to you!

hey bleary,
I'm also from singapore and have accepted my offer from unsw med. So, have you accepted your offer?