UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danielle_2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there was one created already, but here you go, Good Luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I plan to apply also just afraid my app wont get reviewed because i am only a second year student in college and have quite gotten 2/3 math/science prereqs done :/ but im taking most of them in Fall

Members don't see this ad :)
I plan to apply also just afraid my app wont get reviewed because i am only a second year student in college and have quite gotten 2/3 math/science prereqs done :/ but im taking most of them in Fall
I think as long as you finish the prerequisites by spring you will be fine

I am applying this year. I have been accepted to a pharm school in North Carolina but I really want to move back home after 9 years in the military.

Anyone have an idea on an average accepted cGPA for this school? I'm still a long way from applying. I have a low gpa but their policy on only looking at your pre-req courses if you have a bachelors may help me.

The minimum GPA to be considered is 2.5. If you have a bachelors then you have the option of using only your math and science courses GPA. Do the math and see which one is higher for you. In my case they were both the same.

hi everyone,

i received an email from the school saying i am invited for an interview but they are still figuring out the dates and i should know sometime in Sept. Did anyone get the same email?

Last edited:
hi everyone,

i received an email from the school saying i am invited for an interview but they are still figuring out the dates and i should know sometime in Sept. Did anyone get the same email?

How long did it take to hear a response once you've applied?

How long did it take to hear a response once you've applied?

hm within a week after everything was in (pharmcas, supplemental, fee, etc). i submitted my pharmcas july 21 but it wasnt complete until second week of aug (was waiting on one of my recommenders). i heard 5-6 days later

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone,

Was your GPA verified? and do you mind me asking your stats?

hm within a week after everything was in (pharmcas, supplemental, fee, etc). i submitted my pharmcas july 21 but it wasnt complete until second week of aug (was waiting on one of my recommenders). i heard 5-6 days later

Hi. How did you make sure the supplemental was received? I submitted it on the UNT website, but my PharmCAS "Supplemental Materials" status page only lists the fee as being received.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. How did you make sure the supplemental was received? I submitted it on the UNT website, but my PharmCAS "Supplemental Materials" status page only lists the fee as being received.

i just checked the supplemental materials page; it took a few days for it to be updated

Was your GPA verified? and do you mind me asking your stats?

yup, everything was verified. it didnt take that long for pharmcas to verify. maybe bc i applied so early.

i think i got really lucky since my gpa is low (<3) and my pcat is avg. i definitely feel grateful and lucky for any interviews

yup, everything was verified. it didnt take that long for pharmcas to verify. maybe bc i applied so early.

i think i got really lucky since my gpa is low (<3) and my pcat is avg. i definitely feel grateful and lucky for any interviews
How long did it take tham to verify gpa? I submitted mine 2 weeks ago and it still isn't verified :(

How long did it take tham to verify gpa? I submitted mine 2 weeks ago and it still isn't verified :(

It took them about a week (plus/minus) from the date they received my last transcript. Maybe bc I submitted early so it's a bit faster since their volume of applicants are low? Wait for another week (or so) before contacting them. Good luck!!!

It took them about a week (plus/minus) from the date they received my last transcript. Maybe bc I submitted early so it's a bit faster since their volume of applicants are low? Wait for another week (or so) before contacting them. Good luck!!!
It just got verified! Fingers crossed I get an interview!

Do you know if UNT has a cut off scores on any of the PCAT subsections?

Do you know if UNT has a cut off scores on any of the PCAT subsections?
I believe its just your composite. I met the bare minimum composite. Im hoping my gpa and pharm experience makes up for it.

I believe its just your composite. I met the bare minimum composite. Im hoping my gpa and pharm experience makes up for it.
Did you just take the PCAT today? Is it your first time taking the PCAT?

Hi everyone, just wanted to stop by and wish everybody the best of luck with their applications.

I'm currently a P1 student at UNT and everyone on this forum was so helpful when I had so many questions last year. So, I now want to pay it forward and will answer any questions you guys have to the best of my ability. Please keep in mind this is only my first semester so I probably don't have all the answers yet.

Good luck!!

Hi everyone, just wanted to stop by and wish everybody the best of luck with their applications.

I'm currently a P1 student at UNT and everyone on this forum was so helpful when I had so many questions last year. So, I now want to pay it forward and will answer any questions you guys have to the best of my ability. Please keep in mind this is only my first semester so I probably don't have all the answers yet.

Good luck!!

Hi. Thanks for answering our questions. What is the schedule like? What are the hours for classes from M-F? Is attendance taken or mandatory? Is it possible to record lectures and not come to school some days when you don't have a lab?

Thanks again.

Hi. Thanks for answering our questions. What is the schedule like? What are the hours for classes from M-F? Is attendance taken or mandatory? Is it possible to record lectures and not come to school some days when you don't have a lab?

Thanks again.

Hi rak173,

Our schedules were pretty hectic for the first week but it has settled down a bit.
-We have class on Monday-Friday
-Mondays usually run anywhere from 8-3 or 8-5
-Tuesdays/Wednesday are lab days. We have 4 lab sections (A, B, C, and D)
-Lab A and B is Tuesday from 1-3 or 3-5;Lab C and D is Wednesday from 1-3 or 3-5. Class is from 8-12 so you're free to go if you don't have lab that day.
-Attendance is not taken but we have daily quizzes in most class.
-So far, the school has not set up a lecture recording system yet but they are working on it

Hi rak173,

Our schedules were pretty hectic for the first week but it has settled down a bit.
-We have class on Monday-Friday
-Mondays usually run anywhere from 8-3 or 8-5
-Tuesdays/Wednesday are lab days. We have 4 lab sections (A, B, C, and D)
-Lab A and B is Tuesday from 1-3 or 3-5;Lab C and D is Wednesday from 1-3 or 3-5. Class is from 8-12 so you're free to go if you don't have lab that day.
-Attendance is not taken but we have daily quizzes in most class.
-So far, the school has not set up a lecture recording system yet but they are working on it

Thanks for answering. Can students record lectures or are they prohibited? Is it possible to study on your own by reading the book and not attending the lectures?

I just e-submitted my application last night. Does it take long for PharmCAS to validate grades and GPA?

Thanks for answering. Can students record lectures or are they prohibited? Is it possible to study on your own by reading the book and not attending the lectures?

We were told by P2's and P3's during orientation that due to how the room was designed and the sound system they used, recording devices had a hard time picking up what the professors were saying. The school takes student feedback seriously so I believe they are implementing a school wide recording system for us.

As for the second part of your question, it seems like you are trying to avoid coming to class lol. I would say whatever works for you. If you are the type that can learn on your own and don't need to come to class, more power to you. I will say that I don't know of anybody in my class that is skipping at this moment.

We were told by P2's and P3's during orientation that due to how the room was designed and the sound system they used, recording devices had a hard time picking up what the professors were saying. The school takes student feedback seriously so I believe they are implementing a school wide recording system for us.

As for the second part of your question, it seems like you are trying to avoid coming to class lol. I would say whatever works for you. If you are the type that can learn on your own and don't need to come to class, more power to you. I will say that I don't know of anybody in my class that is skipping at this moment.

Thank you so much. lol yeah, I am planning to move a bit far for forth worth, so I had be better off if I skip a day or 2 driving for hours.

Does the grades really matter? I mean would you have difficulty finding a job if your grades are not that great and you have just barely passed the 4 years of pharmacy school?

Thank you so much. lol yeah, I am planning to move a bit far for forth worth, so I had be better off if I skip a day or 2 driving for hours.

Does the grades really matter? I mean would you have difficulty finding a job if your grades are not that great and you have just barely passed the 4 years of pharmacy school?

I would recommend moving closer to campus but I know sometimes its just not doable. I understand your fears for that as it currently takes me ~50 minutes to get to school so I'm wasting about 2 hours each day driving.

What do you call a doctor who graduated at the bottom of his class? Doctor.
I would say grades are important if you are considering residency or fellowship training. It also depends on the job you're wanting as well.

I would recommend moving closer to campus but I know sometimes its just not doable. I understand your fears for that as it currently takes me ~50 minutes to get to school so I'm wasting about 2 hours each day driving.

What do you call a doctor who graduated at the bottom of his class? Doctor.
I would say grades are important if you are considering residency or fellowship training. It also depends on the job you're wanting as well.

Oh okay. How far do you live from school? I'm sure the traffic must be dreadful in the mornings.

I live in Dallas which is about 45-50 minutes away from campus.

I meant in miles, sorry. The time can be different depending on traffic and time. I am asking because I am planning to move somewhere around 21-22 miles from campus.

I meant in miles, sorry. The time can be different depending on traffic and time. I am asking because I am planning to move somewhere around 21-22 miles from campus.

Ah, I'm about 40 miles away from campus

got accepted to one of my top choice pharmacy schools so i am declining the invitation to interview here. that should open up a spot for someone else who is truly committed to 4 years of pharmacy school here. good luck.

Last edited:
got accepted to my top choice of pharmacy school so i am declining the invitation to interview here. that should open up a spot for someone else who is truly committed to 4 years of pharmacy school here. good luck.
Which school is it if you don't mind me asking?

Hey guys, about how long after your entire application was verified and complete did it take to receive an interview invite? Mines was just finished yesterday.

I just got the invitation for 11/2. I apply RD

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd join in this forum since I applied to UNT. I also got an invitation for 11/2 on Monday! I'm definitely excited! :)

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd join in this forum since I applied to UNT. I also got an invitation for 11/2 on Monday! I'm definitely excited! :)
Congrats. I will see you there on that day? Did you apply ED or RD?

Just got my interview invite for 11/2 1pm!

My PharmCAS application was verified this morning. I am praying that I get an interview invite soon.