UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Applied late, and still anxiously waiting an interview invitation :( Congrats to all who have been accepted.
No worries, I applied late too. I didn't complete until very end of November. Got my invite to interview last night!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I've been checking that. I emailed Dr. Kilpatrick and she told me the same thing too. But there doesn't seem to be a category for it on my PharmCAS application (attached). Would it appear once they actually receive it? (I'm talking about the deposit for my spot after acceptance)
I'm worried I'll lose my spot because they don't receive it or something like that...
Don't worry. Just keep in contact with your admissions rep. Let them know that you have accepted and sent the deposit. They are always very friendly and helpful.

Yeah I've been checking that. I emailed Dr. Kilpatrick and she told me the same thing too. But there doesn't seem to be a category for it on my PharmCAS application (attached). Would it appear once they actually receive it? (I'm talking about the deposit for my spot after acceptance)
I'm worried I'll lose my spot because they don't receive it or something like that...
I saw your payment was received. Look at the row saying "Supplemental Application Fee", then go to the last column, u will see "Fee Received". Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like UNT received everything they need, now just need to wait for an email of interview invitation from them. Oh btw, your pharmcas app. has been verified yet?

It looks like UNT received everything they need, now just need to wait for an email of interview invitation from them. Oh btw, your pharmcas app. has been verified yet?
Yeah it's been verified. Took them an entire month but they did it haha. As for my situation, I've already been accepted. I sent in the money order for my deposit already. Just been worried the past week for no reason

It's been a month and I haven't heard anything. Think that's probably a 'no' then?

NEtoFW(prayerfully): I also received an email today with Dean's Hold status. Interviewed same day. I guess we have to wait then. Hope we will hear the good new in the later time.

Does anyone know of if UNT puts emphasis on the GPA that you get in pre-requisite courses?
I recently interviewed with UNT and it seemed as if they are only concerned with the grades in required coursework only. I got a D in an unrequired course, so I wanted to find out how that would be viewed by the admissions committee. Any words of wisdom from current students would be much appreciated since I can't get in contact with any representative from UNTCOP due to the holiday.
Thank you so much in advance!

My interview was November 16th. My friend on the same day was hold listed. We received the email the same day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, how did you know when they recieved your deposit? I can't find the section on pharmcas, and when I asked them, they said to take my problem to pharmcas -__-

Hey there, how did you know when they recieved your deposit? I can't find the section on pharmcas, and when I asked them, they said to take my problem to pharmcas -__-
I still dont know if they've received my deposit or not till this day. I called (no one ever picks up) and emailed but never got a clear answer. PharmCAS definitely wont tell you about the status. I've been tracking the money order and it hasnt been cashed yet. Let me know if you find a way to check...

Anyone who interviewed on Dec 8 get any reply yet? This is really nerve-wracking

Reactions: 4 users
Wanting to apply for class of 2021 (i know im so early...) but figured you can never be too sure, and this is my first choice school.
My overall gpa is a 3.51. I have 3 semesters left until my bachelors in Chemical Biosciences from univ. of Oklahoma
PCAT composite is an 85 with the following subsection percentiles
Verbal 58
Biology 74
Reading 71
Quantitative 93
Chemistry 88
Composite 85
I am going on a medical mission trip in May to Honduras, and work part time at a retail store.
Any advice on what I should work on???

Wanting to apply for class of 2021 (i know im so early...) but figured you can never be too sure, and this is my first choice school.
My overall gpa is a 3.51. I have 3 semesters left until my bachelors in Chemical Biosciences from univ. of Oklahoma
Verbal 58
Biology 74
Reading 71
Quantitative 93
Chemistry 88
Composite 85
I am going on a medical mission trip in May to Honduras, and work part time at a retail store.

I'm assuming you are choosing UNT for proximity? If you are not a Texas resident it may be tough. I would advise you obviously do ED, keep your grades up, and start preparing your letters of recommendation. If your medical trip is not pharmacy related, I would focus more on discussing your retail working experience in your interview. I would work on your pharmacy work experience, and become a pharm tech if you are not one already. All in all, if your GPA stays above a 3.5 and you gain more pharmacy experience AND do ED, you should be fine.

I'm assuming you are choosing UNT for proximity? If you are not a Texas resident it may be tough. I would advise you obviously do ED, keep your grades up, and start preparing your letters of recommendation. If your medical trip is not pharmacy related, I would focus more on discussing your retail working experience in your interview. I would work on your pharmacy work experience, and become a pharm tech if you are not one already. All in all, if your GPA stays above a 3.5 and you gain more pharmacy experience AND do ED, you should be fine.
i am a texas resident. currently out of state at OU but wanting to return to texas. does UNT have early decision? pharm cas doesnt show

Verbal 58
Biology 74
Reading 71
Quantitative 93
Chemistry 88
Composite 85

I have been accepted for the 2020 cycle as an out-of-state applicant with the same GPA and a 92 pcat composite. Applied RD (didn't see ED option for UNT either). I didn't have any experience as a tech, but did a lot of volunteering during and after undergrad. My best advice is to do what you feel is important to you whether it's a medical mission trip, research, or volunteering in your local community. You are most likely to talk about it in your personal statement and interview so your experiences should be related to pharmacy. Also, have all of your documents prepared VERY early, especially the personal statement and LORs. Ask for LORs (try to get all 4) months in advance and tell your professors a deadline date right after the cycle opens. Don't be like me and say it's due on the pharmcas deadline then check the pharmcas status everyday until it's too late! Hope this helps! Good luck!

i got my acceptance today! I interviewed on December 8!

Reactions: 2 users
congrats! will you be accepting?

I interviewed December 10th so hopefully I should be hearing back as well.

Reactions: 1 users
congrats! will you be accepting?

I interviewed December 10th so hopefully I should be hearing back as well.

Yes I will be accepting! I have two more interviews this month, but I would hate to not get into those two and have not accepted here and then not have anywhere to go!

I got an interview invitation! I'm scheduled for February 8th. Anyone else going on that day?

I've got my interview this friday and I'm super nervous! any advice from those who've already gone through it?
Also, did they give us a place to set down our coats/bags before entering the interview room?

I've got my interview this friday and I'm super nervous! any advice from those who've already gone through it?
Also, did they give us a place to set down our coats/bags before entering the interview room?
Interview room is actually professor's office so you can just bring your coat and bag with you inside.

Omg I just got an email saying they accepted me!

Just got accepted! Interviewed on Dec 10th!

Reactions: 2 users
My interview is in 2 days! Can anybody tell me if they try to put you on the spot to see how you react to such situations, or if they are friendly and just want to get to know you? Thanks!

My interview is in 2 days! Can anybody tell me if they try to put you on the spot to see how you react to such situations, or if they are friendly and just want to get to know you? Thanks!
The interview is pretty relaxed. It's a close file interview so they just try to get to know you.

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted!! I am very excited to meet all my classmates. I interviewed on Dec. 8th. I am wondering has anyone made a facebook page for UNT Pharmacy Class of 2020?

How do we know if the school hot the deposit fee? Should we make a facebook page or everyone that going to UnT?

Reactions: 1 user
How do we know if the school hot the deposit fee? Should we make a facebook page or everyone that going to UnT?
As long as you send your deposit fee before the due day then you should be fine. It took mine a month since I received my acceptance email.

I got accepted!! I am very excited to meet all my classmates. I interviewed on Dec. 8th. I am wondering has anyone made a facebook page for UNT Pharmacy Class of 2020?

I searched for a page today and did not find anything. I received my acceptance today and was a little eager to join it!

They are gonna send you another email about activate your student account after they receive all the paper work and fee

Just interviewed this morning, Monday Feb 8, so congratulations to all of those already accepted and good luck to the rest of us!

Has anyone received the email about the Discover MyHSC and has anyone done the registration for the event? It requires student email and student ID. So far I only have the EUID. I got the email about a week ago but forgot it till now.

Got accepted here today. Interview Jan 25th. Deciding between here and TSU now.