UNTHSC MS in Medical Sciences vs Boston University's MAMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoxplease

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been trying to decide between UNTHSC's MS in Medical Sciences program and Boston University's MAMS program for weeks now. It's a very difficult decision for me. I will get free tuition at UNTHSC and it's close to home for me, but I know MAMS has been around for a long time and people get into amazing medical schools nationwide *if* they're successful.
My goal is to complete an MD/MBA, and I know that BU has that program but it's not guaranteed that I will get in. UNTHSC is connected with a school of osteopathic medicine that does not offer a joint MBA program, so I'd prefer not to go to their parent school. The cost of Boston is what gives me pause, especially with my free tuition at UNTHSC. I'm trying to decide if it's worth betting on myself and going to Boston. Boston offers committee letters while UNTHSC doesn't, and I'm unsure if that's a big deal that I should consider. Any advice, especially if you attended one of those programs, would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Take the free tuition. TX residents usually have a hard time convincing OOS schools to interview them as historic data has shown that most TX applicants stay within the state.

Reactions: 1 user