UOP 2010 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am also on the low waiting list. It does seem like they did not reject anyone. Do you think they will even pull people off the low waiting list?

Veronica says that they did reject some of the hold people outright. So even being on the low waitlist means you made some sort of cut, even if it's at the bottom.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not trying to bash Stockton, but I witnessed a car theft the night before the interview. It happened at a very well lit parking lot of the Hilton hotel of Stockton, where I stayed. I know theft happens everywhere and I'm sure there are more thefts and crimes in San Francisco, but needless to say, witnessing a crime with my own eyes kind of shook me up, and it left a bad taste in my mouth as I went through the interview process next day. Please, don't take this the wrong way. I really liked UoP. I'm probably more sensitive to this because I'm married and plan to start a family...

Anyway, I'm high waitlisted and will be forfeiting my waitlist spot. I wish the UoP c/o 2013 all the best and stay safe!

Veronica says that they did reject some of the hold people outright. So even being on the low waitlist means you made some sort of cut, even if it's at the bottom.

Where are you on the waitlist? Are you rejecting UOP for Western or Tuoro?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, it really is merely a waiting game now. Just hang in there everyone. Good things come to those who wait, and if what you get after waiting is not what you want, then I believe we must make the best of what life gives us.

Good luck to you all.

Last edited:
I agree with Fatmaz, however; I believe knowing if someone denied or got in after being on the waitlist just gives us hope, and to know someone declined make us one seat closer to being accepted. I understand what you're saying, that it what happens is not in our hands.

As least you guys know where you stand with this whole entire process. I still of today do not know my fate with UOP. *sigh*. hope good news tomorrow :confused:. I've been waiting so patiently :cool: .

As least you guys know where you stand with this whole entire process. I still of today do not know my fate with UOP. *sigh*. hope good news tomorrow :confused:. I've been waiting so patiently :cool: .

Did you e-mail veronica? Although i didn't get into UOP, I have been following this thread and sincerely hope that you can get into UOP!

Did you e-mail veronica? Although i didn't get into UOP, I have been following this thread and sincerely hope that you can get into UOP!

Thanks checkerbeary! Actually thanks to everybody because you all been so nice to me! Checkerbeary I see that you applied to other schools and got an interviews. did you get accepted yet?:D I'm sure you will.

--->oh yea I forgot to mention. I did e-mail veronica and she said that there are still a few files they are reviewing, mine included.

Last edited:
--->oh yea I forgot to mention. I did e-mail veronica and she said that there are still a few files they are reviewing, mine included.[/QUOTE]

I hope you the BEST ucm24!!:xf::)

I've emailed Veronica about a week ago and I never heard back from her. When did you email her?

Thanks checkerbeary! Actually thanks to everybody because you all been so nice to me! Checkerbeary I see that you applied to other schools and got an interviews. did you get accepted yet?:D I'm sure you will.

--->oh yea I forgot to mention. I did e-mail veronica and she said that there are still a few files they are reviewing, mine included.

sigh..not yet...i am waiting to hear from cncp, on the high waitlist for touro...

I hope you the BEST ucm24!!:xf::)

I've emailed Veronica about a week ago and I never heard back from her. When did you email her?[/QUOTE]

Thanks pharmacynow. I emailed her about a week ago as well. Hopefully I will get good news tomorrow...:confused:...this week maybe

sigh..not yet...i am waiting to hear from cncp, on the high waitlist for touro...

checkerbeary:luck:. I wish you the best luck. I sure you will get into one of the schools.

I am giving up my spot, so good luck to anyone on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing in the mail today either:(. I'm starting to doubt that I'll get in. Starting to lose hope. Is anyone else in my position? (interviewed, placed on hold, and waiting for a response if waitlisted/accepted/rejected)

nothing in the mail today either:(. I'm starting to doubt that I'll get in. Starting to lose hope. Is anyone else in my position? (interviewed, placed on hold, and waiting for a response if waitlisted/accepted/rejected)

I hope this doesn't make you sad but last year, my friend was on hold until August. I hope you won't be in his position, and keep your fingers cross. I really don't know what it means, but don't lose hope!!

to email veronica or not to email veronica? hmm... i just e-mailed her last week and I don't want to seem too pushy for their decision... any thoughts?

this thread is looking quiet...this worries me :cool:

Last edited:
has everyone received news from UOP? Updates on waitlisters would be appreciated by anyone viewing this forum :D

has everyone received news from UOP? Updates on waitlisters would be appreciated by anyone viewing this forum :D

Since Fatmaz is on the high waitlist, I hope we hear some news from him soon. =]

Since Fatmaz is on the high waitlist, I hope we hear some news from him soon. =]

Thank you so much! That was so nice of you to say. I'm still waiting, I'm hoping I hear good news from UOP soon so I don't have to wait until August! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Pharmacynow, have u applied/heard back from any other schools ?! I wish u the best also :thumbup:

Last edited:
Aww thanks so much!! That was so nice of u to say, I'm still waiting, I'm hoping I hear good news from UOP soon, and I don't have to wait until august! I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

Pharmacynow, have u applied/heard back from anyother schools ?! I wish u the best also :thumbup:

I didn't apply anywhere else. UOP was ultimately my first and only choice. But I realized that was stupid of me to not apply to other schools. I've already plan to reapply to many schools for the next application process. :oops:

I got in! Last day of interviews and I got accepted.

I have a question though. I confirmed my acceptance, but just wondering when I'll get information back as far as orientation (or anything else for that matter). I've become increasingly concerned with my status since UOP has been messing around with some new computer system and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks guys!

I have a question though. I confirmed my acceptance, but just wondering when I'll get information back as far as orientation (or anything else for that matter). I've become increasingly concerned with my status since UOP has been messing around with some new computer system and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks guys!

Congrats!!!!! When did u find out that u got accepted?

I am giving up my spot so good luck to the people on the waitlist!

Thanks guys!
All that info is usually sent out in early-to-mid June. You can plan on orientation starting somewhere around Aug. 19 or 20th, if the school holds to its pattern of the last few years.

Hi, I am a male looking for a roomate for a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment located near uop (few minutes walk) and is in a very safe neighborhood. The apartment is called the cottages and the rent is very reasonable. Pm me if you are interested. Thanks!

Anyone hear any news on the waitlist? I still haven't even heard yet.

Thanks guys!
Congrats! I interviewed on the last day too. So just wondering who u are :)
I'm waiting for the package from the school. They said the package would be sent out in May. Hopefully it'll arrive soon.

did you guys get a letter from Veronica last week about the waiting-list?? I havent got one....so there are 50ppl in the waiting-list? any other information in the letter???

To those of you that are accepted, what are you guys doing for housing? Are you going to live in the dorms that uop has or an off campus apartment?

Hey guys,

I have been wait listed, but I haven't received a response, should I call? I'm getting really worried and I don't know if I should call admissions. Would that decrease my chances or anything? :scared:

Hey guys,

I have been wait listed, but I haven't received a response, should I call? I'm getting really worried and I don't know if I should call admissions. Would that decrease my chances or anything? :scared:

When did you interview? And what waitlist portion are you in? You have until August to find out if you've gotten off the waitlist.

It's still May, you have at least 4 months left, I wouldn't get too worried at this point.

Last edited:
Any movement in wait-listers????
It seems like this waitlist thing at uop is going pretty slow, compared to other schools...

I know at least two people at my school, and I'm sure there are many others, who have turned down UCSF to go to UOP!

UOP is just so much more practical. In other words, it's not very expensive and it's only 3 years. I'm not surprised that there aren't very many spots opening up yet, BUT there is definitely still hope...hang in there guys, 4 months is a long time, a lot can happen in 4 months :thumbup:

Last edited:
I know at least two people at my school, and I'm sure there are many others, who have turned down UCSF to go to UOP!

UOP is just so much more practical, in that it's not very expensive and its only 3 years etc... I'm not surprised that there aren't very many spots opening up yet, BUT there is def. still hope...hang in there guys, 4 months is a long time, a lot can happen in 4 months :thumbup:

It's true. Applicants will decline UCSF to attend UOP and vice versa. Although, I prefer non-traditional 3 year programs.

Any movement in wait-listers????
It seems like this waitlist thing at uop is going pretty slow, compared to other schools...

Hi, I am new to SDN, but I just want to give hope to those on the waitlist ( specially those on the top waitlist) for UOP because I just got in today. Ms Semler called me this afternoon to let me know that they just got an opening spot and I accepted their addmission.

Just to give you guys my status: I interviewed in November, got placed on hold in December, then got "Top" waitlisted in March, and today I got accepted. :)

I truely hope that all of you who are in the waitlist get accepted soon :xf:

YEAH! Also accepted! :soexcited:I interviewed in Feb, good luck to you

Last edited:
yeaah!!! I'm also accepted! I interviewed in feb, got put on hold, then waitlisted, and now i'm in! Farewell everyone and good luck to you!!!:soexcited:

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Cong! Fatmaz! You are our hope! Hope it will come to the mid waitlist where I am sitting at. I already planned to take PCAT to apply for more schools next year. Hope I get in too!

Cong! Fatmaz! You are our hope! Hope it will come to the mid waitlist where I am sitting at. I already planned to take PCAT to apply for more schools next year. Hope I get in too!

I hope it gets to the low wait list. Please keep us updated if you get in.. so we know where they are on the wait list. Thank you. :xf:

Hi guys, I am trying to reapply for UOP this year. Dose anyone know how many letter of recommendation letters i need for reapplying? Dose PharmCas keep our old records of letter of rec? THANKS!

Hi guys, I am trying to reapply for UOP this year. Dose anyone know how many letter of recommendation letters i need for reapplying? Dose PharmCas keep our old records of letter of rec? THANKS!

I'm unsure of how many recs you need, but I'm pretty sure PharmCAS won't have any records of your old rec letters that you can use. I think you just have to resend in your rec letter to PharmCAS for the next application cycle.