UOP 2010 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well that's confusing that 3/12 is the last interview.but the website mentions interviews through end of march..why would there be conflicting information? Please confirm..were you told during ur interviews that it will be through end of March?
As far as I know, the last two Fridays in March are set aside to interview the advancing Pre-Pharmacy students from UOP. So the last interview date for everyone else would be March 12th.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 2/26/10 and just got an email today for an acceptance! :)

Congrats. I also interviewed on 2/26/2010, but I have not received anything yet and I am getting worried... What group were you in for the interview?

I interviewed on 2/26/10 and just got an email today for an acceptance! :)

Pharmalicious (I love that name! lol)

That is awesome, do mind sharing your stats?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. I also interviewed on 2/26/2010, but I have not received anything yet and I am getting worried... What group were you in for the interview?

I think i was in Group 2? I did the Tour first, then interview, then Writing Prompt.

I think i was in Group 2? I did the Tour first, then interview, then Writing Prompt.

Errrr I was also in that same group. I guess I am going to be put on hold or rejected... this suckss

Did anyone actually get an invite for the 3/12 interview?

rxtiger..how reliable is the information..(not doubting u or anything..) just curious how you found out. thanks!

I was in group 3, i think... writing sample, then tour, then interview.

If you get put on Hold after the interview, do they email you or send a letter via snail mail?

If you get put on Hold after the interview, do they email you or send a letter via snail mail?

Most likely they'll mail it. Were you put on HOLD?

Last edited:
Most likely they'll mail it, I got mine mailed. Were you put on HOLD too?

I interviewed on 2/26 and it seems like people who were accepted got their emails yesterday. Under that assumption, I am guessing that I am either going to be put on hold or rejected. Do you happen to know if UOP sends more than one batch of acceptances per interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 2/26 and it seems like people who were accepted got their emails yesterday. Under that assumption, I am guessing that I am either going to be put on hold or rejected. Do you happen to know if UOP sends more than one batch of acceptances per interview date?

I think they only send one batch and that's it. At the interview they said that they still do have a lot of spots available and I think that's because most applicants are on HOLD and only very, very strong applicants that they are sure of are granted admissions right out of the interview.

Last edited:
Just to let you guys waiting know, I've decided to go to UCSD and I let Veronica know today. So there's one more spot open!!

rxtiger..how reliable is the information..(not doubting u or anything..) just curious how you found out. thanks!
That information came from a student interviewer. They have a schedule of all the interview dates.

I have a question, if anyone knows. On PharmCAS, they listed the number of interviews and number accepted. Does the number of interviews include the total number of interview invites? Or only just those who did actually decide to attend the interview? Because there are some people who get interview invites, but do not decide to attend because they have already been accepted.

I have a question, if anyone knows. On PharmCAS, they listed the number of interviews and number accepted. Does the number of interviews include the total number of interview invites? Or only just those who did actually decide to attend the interview? Because there are some people who get interview invites, but do not decide to attend because they have already been accepted.

When I was at my interview session in January I was informed that they sent about 350 interview invites this year and about 300 last year. So I believe what's on PharmCas is the number of interview invites that UOP has sent out.... hope this helps :rolleyes:

Just to let you guys waiting know, I've decided to go to UCSD and I let Veronica know today. So there's one more spot open!!

Thanks for the heads up!:thumbup:

Last edited:

bump

Last edited:
I got an email earlier today, I interviewed on 2/26/2010 and I just got placed on hold.

I haven't heard anything from this school. Has anyone received their interview invites for March?

For those of you that didn't get it, I want to offer some words of advice. I know it's easy for the people that got accepted to say "Keep trying", but it seems harder and harder to do with every rejection letter. Believe me, I know, I was in your shoes for 3 years now.

I finally got into my UOP on the 3rd try. I got in by not settling for less (I knew I wanted to be a pharmacist since I was 20) and not telling myself "You're too old now, try another career". The biggest mistake I made was not calling UOP after my rejection and finding out ways to improve my application, even to the point of being annoying to them. Only after the 2nd rejection did I do this and lo-and-behold, the 3rd try I made it.

My essay, extra-curriculars, and work experience were all top notch, so I knew it was my grades holding me back. I took some extra courses (Intro anatomy, psychology, etc.. at the advice of the school) and performed well in them, showing UOP that my positive grade approach was a current and permanent one. I made sure I stated this fact both in the primary and supplemental essays and even made a simple line chart to show graphically the stable grade progress during my junior, senior. and post-grad years, just in case they asked during the interview. Nothing seemed too trivial when it came to my future career; I had both guns blazing.

So, for the rejected, I know exactly how you feel and know the outright depression that some of you face. Don't let another year slip by while doing nothing to improve your file. Do some volunteer work, an extra course or two, shadow a pharmacist, etc... If you need any advice or just want to vent, my message box is open to you.

hi dwein2007,
Your story is really encouraging...I got rejected from UOP for this cycle and I'm planning to apply to the next cycle. The whole admissions process is an emotional rollercoaster...I talked to the admissions people to see how I could improve my application....They said I should focus on improving my science GPA...If you don't mind, what was your overall science GPA...I just want to compare it to mine in order to see how much I am going to have to improve it in order to be considered competitive.

Anyone from the 2/26 interview date receive a rejection or hold email?

if anyone is wondering,

finally heard from them. got my reject letter(pre-interview). eh. :cool:

it was dated 3/3 and post marked 3/4

anyone have any updates?

Anyone else on post-interview hold who has received word one way or another?

Nope, don't worry, nothing yet guys.

I can't wait until the end of this month, because soon we will all know our fate! Only three more weeks!

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything from this school. Has anyone received their interview invites for March?

Hi,

I am new to this thread and this is my first post, but I wanted to let you know that I have a March interview which is this coming Friday. I received the e-mail around late Feb. I'm soooo nervous because this is my first and only interview so far =[

I saw a few tips throughout the thread but I was wondering if there are any more advice? How was the essay part?...since this is the part I am most nervous about..like what kind of prompts were there and how did you prepare for it??

Nope, don't worry, nothing yet guys.

But I can't wait until the end of this month, because soon we will all know our fate!! only 3 more weeks!

I thought they sent out letters starting 3/15 for people that are trying to get into the school and all final decisions go out by 3/31. I know that the students in their pre-pharm program, who transfer into the pharm program, interview the last 2 weeks and I'm under the impression they find out if they got in in April....I'm not sure....uhhh this is sooo nerve racking...I already prepared for the worst because I don't think I'll get accepted and have signed up for summer school at my university.... sigh*...it's ok though...gotta start preparing to apply to more schools this summer and definitely get applications in early.

Last edited:
I thought they sent out letters starting 3/15 for people that are trying to get into the school and all final decisions go out by 3/31. I know that the students in their pre-pharm program, who transfer into the pharm program, interview the last 2 weeks and I'm under the impression they find out if they got in in April....I'm not sure....uhhh this is sooo nerve racking...I already prepared for the worst because I don't think I'll get accepted and have signed up for summer school at my university.... sigh*...it's ok though...gotta start preparing to apply to more schools this summer and definitely get applications in early.

Some a little sooner and some a little later. I'm thinking of doing the same thing you are.

Last edited:
Yup that's why I said we will ALL know our status by the end of March. Some a little sooner and some a little later. I'm thinking of doing the same thing you are, we'll see though by the end of this month! What school do u got to? I'm guessing uc Merced?

I guess I was confused with your earlier post :p... Yea I go to UC Merced. I already know a couple students that got into pharmacy school, medical school, dental school, and optometry school... sorry if I sound like I brag but people have this stigma that students from UC Merced are not likely to get into these type of schools... it's great though because its easier for me to get a LOR from my science teachers since the student to professor ratio is low. What school do you go to?... oh btw I asked if i didn't get accepted some ADCOM encouraged me to stay at my UC to take courses as opposed to community college courses to strengthen a students application. just a little info for all those out there in the same position

I guess I was confused with your earlier post :p... Yea I go to UC Merced. I already know a couple students that got into pharmacy school, medical school, dental school, and optometry school... sorry if I sound like I brag but people have this stigma that students from UC Merced are not likely to get into these type of schools... it's great though because its easier for me to get a LOR from my science teachers since the student to professor ratio is low. What school do you go to?... oh btw I asked if i didn't get accepted some ADCOM encouraged me to stay at my UC to take courses as opposed to community college courses to strengthen a students application. just a little info for all those out there in the same position

I agree with you and with your professor. I might be doing the same here at UCD ;), time will tell, time will tell.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering for those who got placed on post-interview hold.. have you guys heard anything back? Good or bad..

i got in.

3+3

i got my letter last week wednesday

i also applied via streamline app, if that counts for anything..

haha nice! i agree with you and with your prof. and i might be doing the same here at UCD. ;) time will tell, time will tell.

we're sister schools! Davis is really pushing for the medical school to be built ASAP. The the new hospital that's being built here has a sign on the building "Affiliation of University of California, Davis"... still keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us! hopefully good news will come on monday

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering for those who got placed on post-interview hold.. have you guys heard anything back? Good or bad..

I have not heard anything Teva. Soon we will know. Did you get into any other pharm. schools?

I have not heard anything Teva. Soon we will know. Did you get into any other pharm. schools?

Hey UCM24,

Are you on hold too? I can't wait to find out, even if it is bad news. I did get into Touro but UOP remains my first choice because I want to be done a year early so I can move back home earlier... :oops:

For those who interviewed on March 12th, how was it? Did they mention anything important about acceptance decisions and time frames?

I agree. March 12th interviewee's talk to us

I can't wait until everyone knows where they stand. I also can't wait to make the transition from the pre-pharm thread to the actual pharm thread! lol

Last edited:
they are giving us the silent treatment lol... I dont know for what though:laugh:

:(... common people. People who interviewed march 12th give us your input otherwise you all are just a bunch of meanies. lol :p ... that means you schoolgurl88.. :)

Anyone that had interview on March 12 heard from UOP yet? Do they usually send the acceptance letter via email, snail mail, or make phone call? Thx

Anyone that had interview on March 12 heard from UOP yet? Do they usually send the acceptance letter via email, snail mail, or make phone call? Thx

Last edited:
i have been on hold since...the beginning of february. I interviewed feb 5th and no word :confused: