UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JWPackman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I got an interview for University of the Pacific on November 2nd. I live down in SoCal, so when I fly up to NorCal I'll need to find a way to get around. By chance, is anyone interviewing on that date, has a car, and wouldn't mind an extra passenger? Or know anyone who might fit that profile? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I got an interview for University of the Pacific on November 2nd. I live down in SoCal, so when I fly up to NorCal I'll need to find a way to get around. By chance, is anyone interviewing on that date, has a car, and wouldn't mind an extra passenger? Or know anyone who might fit that profile? Thanks in advance!

Wow, this is the first interview for UOP. What is your stats? When did you receive the invitation? You set up the date or they assigned it to you?? Thanks!

Congrats!

I think everyone on this board is running to their mailboxes as we speak.

Good luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

When did you submit PharmCAS and your supplemental?

crap, i didn't get anything today (just checked the mailbox) and i'm from socal too. that doesn't look good. anyone else got invitation today?

Please share the stats and other info, thanks!

PharmCAS has my overall GPA at 3.73, with a 3.67 science. I submitted PharmCAS July 27th, and the UOP supplemental August 9th. They notified me that they received all of my application materials by August 15th-ish.

The invitation was sent by mail, and is dated September 19th. I received it on the 22nd. I called them on Monday (yesterday) to schedule an interview. At first they offered me an October 26th date, but I have a prior obligation that day so they switched me to November 2nd.

As far as other stats... I volunteered in three pharmacies my senior year (but had no experience before that, that's why i had to cram it in...). I was in a pre-pharmacy club. I played intramural basketball. I also have a couple semesters of research experience, and some volunteer work with an Oakland tutoring group. Those are the main activities. I think I had pretty good letters of rec, too.

Anyway, good luck to everyone else. Hopefully you get the same day and I can bum a ride! :p

tier 2 and already an interview... good job haha

I dont have a bachelors degree and I have met most all the pre requic for most pharmacy school in California. Do you guys think I have a chance to get in to any school. Per pharmcass my science and math gpa is 3.73...I am getting discouraged because I know several people got interviews already. I thought I had a good chance.

I dont have a bachelors degree and I have met most all the pre requic for most pharmacy school in California. Do you guys think I have a chance to get in to any school. Per pharmcass my science and math gpa is 3.73...I am getting discouraged because I know several people got interviews already. I thought I had a good chance.

They are in Stockton area? I know you are from there.

PharmCAS has my overall GPA at 3.73, with a 3.67 science. I submitted PharmCAS July 27th, and the UOP supplemental August 9th. They notified me that they received all of my application materials by August 15th-ish.

The invitation was sent by mail, and is dated September 19th. I received it on the 22nd. I called them on Monday (yesterday) to schedule an interview. At first they offered me an October 26th date, but I have a prior obligation that day so they switched me to November 2nd.

As far as other stats... I volunteered in three pharmacies my senior year (but had no experience before that, that's why i had to cram it in...). I was in a pre-pharmacy club. I played intramural basketball. I also have a couple semesters of research experience, and some volunteer work with an Oakland tutoring group. Those are the main activities. I think I had pretty good letters of rec, too.

Anyway, good luck to everyone else. Hopefully you get the same day and I can bum a ride! :p

Do you have a degree? in what area? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
tier 2 and already an interview... good job haha

First of all-- JWPackman: Congratulations on the interview!

Secondly-- What does that mean for applicants who applied first tier and haven't received an invite? I haven't heard anything yet and UOP is one of my top choices! :(

k0ni,
Did u get a letter saying that they reviewed your app for prereqs?

I am tier 1 and they haven't even reviewed me for prereqs.

k0ni,
Did u get a letter saying that they reviewed your app for prereqs?

I am tier 1 and they haven't even reviewed me for prereqs.

No, I haven't received that letter yet either. The last letter I received said that I would be notified by mail when they have reviewed my prereqs and it was dated August 24th. I wonder what's going on...?

No, I haven't received that letter yet either. The last letter I received said that I would be notified by mail when they have reviewed my prereqs and it was dated August 24th. I wonder what's going on...?

my last letter was dated august 31st and said "You will be notified by mail if your prerequisites are NOT COMPLETE. If you do not hear from us, please continue your schedule classes as planned"
it goes on to say interview invitations will be sent from October through March.

So if you haven't received anything yet, don't PANIC!
October hasn't even arrived yet. Those who already got interviews are the top of the crop. As for me, I will be constantly checking my mailbox day to day. This is my third time applying to UOP and my first time as 1st tier.
:smuggrin:

I see. we are in the same shoes, not figuratively because I am a guy and wouldn't wear ur shoes. ;) :D

Do you have a degree? in what area? Thanks!
I have a B.A. from Berkeley in the field of Integrative Biology.

But yeah, I didn't mean to cause people to panic. Keep in mind, it's still really early in this whole thing.

yeah same here well I got two first notifying me that they received my application back on aug 22nd and also the other one about the workshop, which i didn't go to...i think we're all getting a little anxious and ansy like i remember the time in high school when we were all getting college acceptance/rejection letters...sigh

I have a B.A. from Berkeley in the field of Integrative Biology.

But yeah, I didn't mean to cause people to panic. Keep in mind, it's still really early in this whole thing.

Thanks for all the info. It is understandable that the rest of us are getting a bit anxious, me too. :laugh:

Yeah, the waiting part is the worst. Even when we get the interview, then we will wait again after the interview, that will be another anxious waiting time.

the only letter I got from them is one saying that they haven't received my pharmcas yet...and the uop website where you check your status has not been working for me. :(

I received my pre-req. worksheet from UOP about a week ago, that may be a bit later than other people? I am stilling waiting, finger crossing...

I received my pre-req. worksheet from UOP about a week ago, that may be a bit later than other people? I am stilling waiting, finger crossing...
you're not too late. I just received my pre-req worksheet today! And I made the 1st tier. so, I don't know. we'll find out soon, hopefully! good luck to you all. apparently, i'm the bottom of the crop. LOL. =0

I got a letter stating that I have met all the prereqs...but still waiting...geting sick in my stomach waiting..

it's only september.... way way way too early to do that.

well, consider that the school receive so many applications, i do hope they spend time to go through these applications carefully. so maybe the waiting is worth it.

I just received an invitation today. I still need to call them to schedule an interview. I submitted my supplemental on 7/20 and submitted PharmCAS on 7/27.

Good luck to the rest of you 1st-tierers!

I just received an invitation today. I still need to call them to schedule an interview. I submitted my supplemental on 7/20 and submitted PharmCAS on 7/27.

Good luck to the rest of you 1st-tierers!

Congrats!!! Please share your stats and other relevant info, thanks! When was your invitation sent?

AGHHHHH, I just checked the mail now and nothing still.. :( But good luck to everyone who got interview invites!

This thread should become the official UOP interview thread.

Does anyone know what this means on the status check page for UOP...PCHK Office Use Only

Does anyone know what this means on the status check page for UOP...PCHK Office Use Only

I think it means pre-reqs check, to see if all the pre-reqs are done or in order.

Hey Everyone

For those of you that received interviews (GONGRATS btw) I was wondering if you guys had dates filled in next to PCHK and PINT on the UOP status page.

My application was complete 7/24/2007 but i haven't received anything yet. Im pretty scared but I know that it is still early. On my status page, PCHK says 9/26/2007 although I have no idea what this means. However, PINT has no date next to it.

Anyone know what this means?

Thanks!
:)

I just checked... my PCHK was 9/20.

My PCHK still has no date next to it. My app was complete as of 7/20!!! :confused:

My PCHK still has no date next to it. My app was complete as of 7/20!!! :confused:

hey koni,
i just found out you got accepted to midwestern cpg.
congrats! if accepted to uop also, where would you go?

I received my interview letter. I think everyone will be getting a letter soon. Good luck to everyone

Hey yazzman

What date did ur PCHK get filled on the status website? I'm trying to figure out if that has something to do with interview dates. Let me know when you get a chance. CONGRATS btw, best of luck to you in your interview.
My PCHK says 9/26 but I haven't received an interview. Im getting quite discouraged because everyone seems to be gettin 1 except me :confused:

My "PCHK Office Use Only" says 9/18/07.. and i haven't received an invitation yet... I'm getting nervous.. but let's just hang on there everyone.

hello everybody,

I just received a notice for the interview too, dated on 9/26. I finished my pharmcas back in june and SUPER FED-EXed my supplemental on 8/29. But all you other tier-1ers should start getting notified soon! good luck everybody!

hmm i can't check my status.. says it is down. But I did recently get a letter saying they received my pharmCAS and my supp was sent a month ago. Does it take awhile after receiving pharmCAS to show status?

got paper notification of preqs check in the mail.

Honestly, i just hope they tell me something soon. even if it's a rejection. then i can schedule my vacation and plans abt other school.

hmm i can't check my status.. says it is down. But I did recently get a letter saying they received my pharmCAS and my supp was sent a month ago. Does it take awhile after receiving pharmCAS to show status?

yah, it took awhile. I think they are having computer difficulties cuz its like a new software they are using for it or sumthing. Thats what the lady told me wen i called, so dont WORRY! hehe

I just checked... my PCHK was 9/20.

No invite to interview yet...
File complete: 07/20
PCHK: 09/20

We have the same PCHK, so I guess it's not looking so good for me?

Good luck to everyone who does have an interview.

Did everyone who received an interview also receive a letter telling them that their pre-requisites were complete or planned?

I recieved a letter today telling me my pre-reqs were done but still no invitation. Online my PCHK status says 9/26/2007 but still no interview.
Im literally waiting by the mailbox. Its so sad. LOL. I feel like a kid outside a candy store with no money to buy chocolate. LOL

Im really happy for all of you guys who got interviews. GOOD LUCK! Be yourselves and I'm sure you will do great. When I went to the open house, UOP mentioned how they like genuine ppl and how they disliked ppl who memorized their answers. Speak from the heart and I'm sure you guys will do AMAZING.

Take Care

Did everyone who received an interview also receive a letter telling them that their pre-requisites were complete or planned?
I received the pre-req checklist about 7 business days before the invitation. I also only live about 130 miles from UOP, so I get their letters pretty quick compared to people further away or out of state.