UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my PCHK completed date was 9/18/07 and my file complete date was like 7/28/07.
i got the pre-req planned/in progress sheet about a week and a half ago, and still no invite yet. hopefully tmrw.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
All my stuff was completed in July, but item #7 (high school transcript) has no date next to it, and hence my PCHK and file complete dates are empty as well. I didn't use any of my high school credit for my prereqs though, and I feel like this is the reason why my file isn't complete. The mail I received from UOP said to not contact them about individual issues because they are very busy right now, so does anyone have any ideas for my situation? Thanks in advance :)

Hey Shikamura

Don't worry about the blank high school transcript section. Mine is also blank because I didn't use any of my AP classes to satisfy pre-reqs. What you need to concentrate on is the date at the bottom of the status page. There is a section labeled "File COmpleted" and there is a date next to it. That date tells you what day UOP considers ur application complete. Depending on what date that says, you will belong to the corresponding tier.

Good LUCK

my PCHK has finally been done as of 9/27.. and still no invite. :(

And on a side note-- I've managed to memorize my UOP id # since I've been logging on every day for a week now. LOL.

My PCHK is dated 9/21, and mailed out 9/24, and I received on 9/26. Still no invite. :( I don't like this waiting game.

did anyone received rejection letter from UOP? I hope i won't be the first one.:oops:

What was your PINT date for those who got invited? Please share! Thanks.

what does pint and pchck mean?
my pchck is done but my pint is still empty.

did anyone received rejection letter from UOP? I hope i won't be the first one.:oops:
I don't think they tend to send out rejections this early. If they don't think candidates are qualified for an interview, they usually put their applications on hold.

For example, if your application isn't strong enough against the rest of the Tier 1 competition, they will put your application on "hold" and review it again with the Tier 2 applicants.

There is a big advantage for Tier 1 applicants, as their applications may be reviewed up to 3 times, each with different competition.

I was contemplating whether or not to post my stats but I got a lot our of this forum and fair is fair.

I think my stats will give a lot of you hope. :D

I submitted my PharmCAS 8/1, postmarked my UOP app 8/1, so I got in under the wire at 1st tier.

I got an interview for 11/02, got a interview letter dated 9/27, my PCHK is 9/12.

Members don't see this ad :)
moolman, congrats! do you know if the 10/26 interview date is full or not? did they say 11/02 was the earliest you could interview, or you just choose that date?

and good job on the 4.0 the last 2 years :D, but i'm curious... 2 years, 80+ units of 4.0 still didn't push you over a 3.0? :scared:

Mool gave me a little hope, but that's still very impressive to have 2 years of straight A's. Hopefully I can pull that off for one year and atleast get in next year if not this year since I do have the benefit of having a slightly higher GPA.

But it does encourage me that they realize engineering classes are very difficult. First year I was looking into engineering and didn't do too well in those classes.

hahaha.... I was starting from about 2.1 overall... I did two bachelor's degrees in a Science and Engineering, so I did 5 years at a University. And I took summer school every year so that I could finish in 5 years. Two degrees do take a long time. I wasn't a good student back then because I had some financial issues and other stuffs :oops: . I did some bonehead things too. I took some summer school classes at a community college and had to quit and got F's in 3 classes. Didn't really care back then since I just didn't need to transfer them to my school. But PharmCAS requires all coursework attempted so I sent those in to be honest.

Yes, so starting from about a 2.1 with about 180 units, is why 2 years of 80+ units doesn't get me close to a 3.0. :eek:

I forgot to add, the first date they gave me was 11/02, I think 10/26 was already filled up when I called today, 10/1.

hahaha.... I was starting from about 2.1 overall... I did two bachelor's degrees in a Science and Engineering, so I did 5 years at a University. And I took summer school every year so that I could finish in 5 years. Two degrees do take a long time. I wasn't a good student back then because I had some financial issues and other stuffs :oops: . I did some bonehead things too. I took some summer school classes at a community college and decided to quit and got F's in 3 classes. Didn't really care back then since I just didn't need to transfer them to my school. But PharmCAS requires all coursework attempted so I sent those in to be honest.

Yes, so starting from about a 2.1 with about 180 units, is why 2 years of 80+ units doesn't get me close to a 3.0. :eek:

I forgot to add, the first date they gave me was 11/02, I think 10/26 was already filled up when I called today, 10/1.

congrats on your interview! is this your first time applying?

anyone receive anything in the mail today?

Someone else at my school got an interview at UOP the same day as me. They asked some questions on the phone. Apparantly, UOP interviews 36 people at a time. So so far people have been 2 dates that we know of, 10/26 and 11/02, so 72 people out of probably about 500 that applied first tier. So don't be discouraged if you don't get an interview yet. There may be more dates but nobody posted here yet. There's still 2nd tier reviews and the final tier so plenty of chances.

I was just reading some of your stats mool, thats pretty cool. I'm encouraged at your goal to become a pharmacist despite the troubles that you had before. Good job. I got an interview for 11/2. Good luck, hope to see you there.

Yeah, I started from a 2.1 GPA, so there is hope for everyone. It looks like the first pool of interviews went out already. I applied the last day of 1st tier and I got my interview, so nobody's application is probably after mine. The person in my school who also got an interview sent in her app, 7/15 and got her interview letter about 6 days before me. So you can kind of calculate the dates.

Moolman what date does ur PCHK check say?

I was just reading some of your stats mool, thats pretty cool. I'm encouraged at your goal to become a pharmacist despite the troubles that you had before. Good job. I got an interview for 11/2. Good luck, hope to see you there.

congrats! when did you receive your invite?

Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite. Now, I'm officially waiting for my rejection / hold letter. I'm from the tier 1, nothing for me yet. Sad =.=

I'm trying not to let this bring me down. Peace! =)

Hey Shylock

Im in the same boat as you. But really, there is nothing we can do. We tried our best so lets just be satisfied with that. It wasn't meant to be. We still have a chance tho. I was thinking about it. UOP gives 250 interviews. They said that they give most of the interviews to tier 1 applicants. NO WAY does 72 interviews = most of the interviews. There is still hope so stop stressing. I was stressing earlier on today but then my rationale was that there was nothing that I could do to personally better my application packet.

Good Luck and Chin UP okay?

I'd have to agree with DavisAggie, if they give 250 interviews, just 72 from the 1st tier doesn't sound right. Maybe there's another interview day after that but nobody posted it here. I'm thinking they are just having just 2 interview sessions for now and plan on more a bit later in the year, so they will invite more 1st tier applicants then. We are suppose to get an advantage for applying early, so don't lose hope if you are 1st tier. They probably haven't even started 2nd tier yet then because last year at the open house, I remember them saying that they were taking forever to process the applications. I read somewhere that UOP gets the most applicants because in terms of prereqs it has the fewest in the country and no PCAT.

Thanks MoolMan :)
At open house, the admissions lady told me that they will be processing tier 1 applications and interviews until mid october. Today is the 3rd. We still have time. We CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH.

Btw... Any advice for PCATS? Im taking them on October 21st. URGH

thanks davis and moolman, you guys sure made me feel better :laugh:

i'm in the first tier btw, so :crossesfingers:

My PCHK and PINT date is still empty. PharmCAS dated end of August and supplemental end of August as well.

how long did it take the 1st tier folks after PharmCAS and supplemental submission did the date to PCHK and PINT appear?

My PCHK and PINT date is still empty. PharmCAS dated end of August and supplemental end of August as well.

how long did it take the 1st tier folks after PharmCAS and supplemental submission did the date to PCHK and PINT appear?

I don't think it's a problem because you're in the 2nd tier, I don't think they got to those apps yet.

As for the PCAT, I've been studying very hard for it. Took the Kaplan course, if you live in Los Angeles, I could share the material with you but I won't send them or make copies because of copyrights.

UOP is my first choice school because of a personal reason but I'm taking the PCAT to hedge my bets since I have a low cum GPA.

Yeah I have been studying really hard for the PCAT myself. Just as a backup.
Moolman, which other universities did you apply to?
U got an interview for UOP, if you do great there, IM SURE U WILL GET IN!!!
Don't stress. U WILL DO GREAT. When u walk into the interview, just be urself and express confidence. I am having dreams of getting an interview but sadly, my dreams are not reality. But thats life. Oh well.
Good luck studying for PCATs. I also have the kaplan material but THANK YOU anyways.

BTW Moolman, are u studying every single gchem and ochem chapter. Ive been thru gchem twice and now Im going over ochem but sumhow i think that thre is way too much info that does not appear on the practice tests that i have taken. What's ur take on that?

:)

hey airen,
i also submitted my pharmcas late august. pharmcas sent the app september 3rd. I havent received my ID number. They sent me a letter stating that they my application in complete, . Also, that my ID will be included in the next letter they send me.(i received this letter mid september)
my question is, when did you receive your letter with the ID number?

any tier 2 people get an interview?

Goodluck everyone

My first choice school is UOP but I also applied to USC and Western. I took the PCAT so I could apply to out of state schools. I haven't applied yet because almost all of them won't look at your app until after they get the PCAT score and they are all due in Feb/March 2008. Also, have to check each schools website because some schools have a 3.0 minimum to apply.

Right now, I'm thinking, maybe, it's a good thing not to apply since I got an interview for UOP. If I get in I won't have to apply anywhere else. They say they let you know about 4 weeks after the interviews. That would save me a lot of money.

As for studying for the chem section, the Kaplan course book has way, way too much material. I took the August exam, no score, to check it out and it did not have that many reactions. But the difficult part is knowing which ones they will ask you, so you have to know them all. :laugh: I thought the Kaplan course material was not that good. It's much harder than the real PCAT and also the question are asked in a different format than the real PCAT. It's like when you take a new professor and the first test is sorta hard because you're not used to the format of the test and how the professor asks the questions. You'd hope the Kaplan tests would be similar enough to simulate the real PCAT style but I found it not to be.

I should also elaborate more about my situation. I started at about a 2.1 but for the past 2 years, I've been taking at least 20 units a semester and getting all A's. Most classes at my school are 3 units with the occasional 5 unit science class, if the class has 2 labs a week, so I was taking 6 classes a semester sometimes, ie. O-Chem, Micro, Econ, Psych, Public Speaking, Stats, this was all 1 semester and I work as a tech too. Yes, I have no life, I haven't seen a movie in a long, long time.

Do any of you guys know if you have to do a written exam for UOP's interview session?

hey airen,
i also submitted my pharmcas late august. pharmcas sent the app september 3rd. I havent received my ID number. They sent me a letter stating that they my application in complete, . Also, that my ID will be included in the next letter they send me.(i received this letter mid september)
my question is, when did you receive your letter with the ID number?

any tier 2 people get an interview?

Goodluck everyone

Hi goinkhead,

I received the 2nd letter with the ID number 2 weeks later based on the postmarked date on the envelope. hope that helps.

Hey Shylock

Im in the same boat as you. But really, there is nothing we can do. We tried our best so lets just be satisfied with that. It wasn't meant to be. We still have a chance tho. I was thinking about it. UOP gives 250 interviews. They said that they give most of the interviews to tier 1 applicants. NO WAY does 72 interviews = most of the interviews. There is still hope so stop stressing. I was stressing earlier on today but then my rationale was that there was nothing that I could do to personally better my application packet.

Good Luck and Chin UP okay?

Hi DavisAggie,
Thank you so much for making me feel better. I know that there are a lot of people like me. :oops:

But, hey guys. You are right. There is so much we can do, and I gave it all, did my best and that's all it matters. It's up to them now, not me.:)

Thank you for sharing your side of perception with me. Peace! :luck:

Hi DavisAggie,
Thank you so much for making me feel better. I know that there are a lot of people like me. :oops:

But, hey guys. You are right. There is so much we can do, and I gave it all, did my best and that's all it matters. It's up to them now, not me.:)

Thank you for sharing your side of perception with me. Peace! :luck:

I agree!!!!!! You are not alone... I have been checking my mailbox anxiously and desperately EVERY SINGLE DAY ever since the first person posted his invitation announcement here... I was disappointed every day... and I also keep reading this forum every day to see how many people have got their invitations(good luck!)... oh well... all we can do is to keep waiting and hopefully a letter from UOP will eventually get into our mailboxes. :)

Do any of you guys know if you have to do a written exam for UOP's interview session?

Not exactly an exam, but you'll need to respond to a question in written form and you'll have 45 minutes to write it.

Thanks PharmDY. 1 more question. Do you know what the prompt is or what is the general topic?

I agree!!!!!! You are not alone... I have been checking my mailbox anxiously and desperately EVERY SINGLE DAY ever since the first person posted his invitation announcement here... I was disappointed every day... and I also keep reading this forum every day to see how many people have got their invitations(good luck!)... oh well... all we can do is to keep waiting and hopefully a letter from UOP will eventually get into our mailboxes. :)
Today, to my surprise, I got an invitation letter for an interview. So don't lose hope, the letter will eventually arrive at your mailbox.

Today, to my surprise, I got an invitation letter for an interview. So don't lose hope, the letter will eventually arrive at your mailbox.

when was it mailed and where do you live?
thanks

WOW! Congrats dumbguy.

Im so happy for u. Were u tier 1? What was ur PCHK date? What date did they give you for the interview? Sorry, so many question but IM SO CURIOUS!

Thanks and best of Luck!

BA in Biology is a cake major. A 3.7 in Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics carries more weight.

Congrats!! So there is hope, what are your stats if you dont mind sharing.

I've been checking my mailbox everyday too! AGHHHHHH >___<

Im so Sad, still No interview. I know im usually optimistic but somehow I don't think that envelope is going to come. Googliet, what date is ur interview?