UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i do not know the date of my interview, i have to call to schedule it.

As for my application date, I submitted my application and made it in tier 1

Members don't see this ad.

Googleit
What date did ur PCHK check say? DO u live in Norcal? Sorry for all the questions but i am so nervous!

Does any one know how many students actually get in? I heard anywhere from 100-130 students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any one know how many students actually get in? I heard anywhere from 100-130 students.

admissions reserves 100 spots for uop pre-pharm undergraduates. the rest (about 100 spots) are open to the rest of the 200,000 applicants

200000 applicants...are you serious...........

What I heard from the open house is that UOP got 1700 apps 2-3 years ago. It should be up to 2000 apps right now. The reason they get a lot is because UOP has one of the lowest prereq requirements, not that it's easy to get in. They don't require PCAT, biochem, anatomy, physio and a couple of other classes that other schools require, so everybody applies. They have about 90 slots for transfers since the other 100-110 are from their prepharm program. I'm not sure how many people they interview but someone mentioned 250. If this is true, UOP is harder to get into than USC.

Googleit
What date did ur PCHK check say? DO u live in Norcal? Sorry for all the questions but i am so nervous!
I am from southern California and my PCHK is 7/30

not sure yet, i will call them on Monday

woohoo! i got an interview. letter was dated Oct 3.

fyi: pharmcas mailing date was 8/06, file complete date was 7/27, pchk date is 9/18, and i'm from so cal btw.

CONGRATS TERSE!!!

THats great! I have officially resigned myself from the idea that I will be getting at interview. LOL. Its okay tho. When did u receive ur invitation? Any idea what day ur interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have officially resigned myself from the idea that I will be getting at interview.

I'm starting to feel that way too. Haha.. But congrats & good luck to all those who received interview invites so far!

Have tier 2 applicants recieved interview invites???

im guessing that uop will start interviewing tier 2 applicants after new years. so the first 3 dates (october and november are reserved for tier 1 applicants)...i dont know this for sure..just a hunch.....

Have tier 2 applicants recieved interview invites???

im guessing that uop will start interviewing tier 2 applicants after new years. so the first 3 dates (october and november are reserved for tier 1 applicants)...i dont know this for sure..just a hunch.....

i think one of the tier 2 apps on this board was the first to get an invite. :hardy:

woohoo! i got an interview. letter was dated Oct 3.

fyi: pharmcas mailing date was 8/06, file complete date was 7/27, pchk date is 9/18, and i'm from so cal btw.

also, according to pharmcas, last year they interviewed 250 and gave acceptances to 120. so that's about a 48% chance.

Do you just receive the invitation thorugh mail only? Did you get e-mail from the school before you receive your mail invitation?

Do you just receive the invitation thorugh mail only? Did you get e-mail from the school before you receive your mail invitation?
I did not recieve any email regarding the invitation for an interview so I don't think there is one.

CONGRATS TERSE!!!

THats great! I have officially resigned myself from the idea that I will be getting at interview. LOL. Its okay tho. When did u receive ur invitation? Any idea what day ur interviewing?

i'll be interviewing on Nov. 2

So... anybody scheduled for a November 2nd interview know how they're gonna get to campus? If so, let me know. I'll be flying in from SoCal, so anyone in the Bay Area have an extra spot in their car? I'd be happy to reimburse you for gas, of course.

Hey there,
I received an interview letter and was wondering if anyone had any insight on what to expect at the interview. Questions they might ask??

I'm going by car, it's not too bad, you just keep driving up the 5, if you hit Sacramento, turn around. :D

Hey there,
I received an interview letter and was wondering if anyone had any insight on what to expect at the interview. Questions they might ask??

there are questions posted on the interview feedback page.

im goin up to the interview on nov 2 from socal too. driving up there. ROADTRIP!! :p

im goin up to the interview on nov 2 from socal too. driving up there. ROADTRIP!! :p
Hey jimmy, do you plan on drivin up the day before or the day of the interview? i've been lookin for a ride from the east bay to stockton on the day of the interview, i know it's a longshot but it doesn't hurt to ask... have an extra seat? let me know if you'd be willing to help me out and we can exchange details and see if it would work. thanks!

Are you talking about the interview questions on the UOP website???

I am the first tier, still no interview date yet... ugh???? My application completed date july 27

Hey Guys

So i was first tier and I was really depressed because I didn't get an interview. But today, for some miraculous reason, I got an interview invite! Please don't get discouraged if you are first tier and did not get an interview yet, I am sure your invite is coming!

I don't know when my interview is. I need to call and schedule it tomorow.

I am going to share my stats with this forum because I have gained ALOT from it. Trust me, after you see these stats, you will wonder why I even got an interview.
Here they are:

Overall GPA: 3.15
Science GPA: 2.98 :eek:
However, last 2 quarters my GPAs were a 3.8 and a 3.6. Im shootin for a 4.0 this quarter.

Extracirricular:
Sexual Health Educator; Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs Educator, VP of Biology Club, Multicultural Sorority, Special Needs Tutor, Mentor
Employment: I have been working in a Pharmacology and Toxicology Lab for the past year
Pharmacy Experience: I have been an intermittent pharmacy volunteer since 2005.

My application was complete on 7/24. My PCHK says 9/26/2007 and my interview invite is dated 10/8!

Hope this is helpful. Good Luck to you ALL!

:hardy:

congrats davisaggie!! i told you to stay positive :)

i think most likely your interview will be Nov. 16, which is the 3rd interview date. let us know though!

Congrats DavisAggie!

It seems like every school is kind of looking for something different. UOP seems to really like well-rounded students, which is great. I was kind of in the same boat as you, with a lower GPA but lots of work experience and lots of extracurriculars.

Good luck on your interview. :thumbup:

I heard that UOP may have a little over 100 slots for next year. Is this true. I wonder how many people are getting interviewed? They post 250 online , but I dont know if that is an average or a precise number. HMMMMM?

HEy GUys

So my interview is on Nov. 16th, anyone going to be there that day?

DavisAggie did your invite come by way of email or snail mail? I just got a letter that I meet all the pre-reqs.. Well duh....
By the way Congrats!!!!

:thumbup: congrats DavisAggie! go Ags!

Things are look good for some more people.

I don't know the exact number of slots available but it goes up and down from 90-110 depending on how many UOP pharm people make it into the program.

So the 3 interview dates so far are Oct 26, Nov 2 and Nov 16. It seems that these are all dates filled by 1st tier apps.

As to why people UOP seeming to interview people with lower GPA's. I think its because UOP puts more value on grade trend and overall applications. DavisAggie and I have lower GPA's than most but our latest grades are on a upward trend.

Shroomhead, the interview invites come by mail. If you just recieved your prereq checklist then you must of submitted it later than tier 1 because most tier 1 people got their check lists awhile back.

Nope, Moolman, I checked my status and I am in tier 1. Now I am really worried. Should I give them a call to see why I received my checklist so late? What would you guys do?
I wonder how Koni is doing?

Nope, Moolman, I checked my status and I am in tier 1. Now I am really worried. Should I give them a call to see why I received my checklist so late? What would you guys do?

don't worry, the last time i checked, they were still going over 1st tier applications. Don't worry about getting an interview early. As for the prereq checklist, I haven't received it yet. But again, they only send out the checklist if you haven't finished your prereqs. I finished my prereqs. And still, I have no interview! Applied 2 times previously. Now my third time applying and rejected without an interview? I feel like hibernating for the winter. I will come out of my cave in early January to see if I have an interview. See you guys then. :laugh:

Awwwwww DUMBGUY! Don't say that! Hang in there. They do send out the prereq check to everyone, even if you did complete all ur prereqs. If you have a PCHK date, then ur pre-reqs have been checked. Most of the ppl who got interviews first received a pre-req check in the mail and then they received their invites shortly after.

At the UOP Open house, an admissions consultant informed me that UOP would continue to process first tier interviews up until mid-october.
You never know, you may be surprised next week! Even if you didn't get an invitation for 1st tier, you may get one later on. As first tiers, we have an advantage because our applications get reveiwed many more times than other applicants.

HANG IN THERE OKAY?

BTW, how long after the UOP interview do they tell you if you are accepted/rejected? Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
:)

Hey. I saw my screen name. :p

I just received a letter from UOP today. No interview for me! UOP is going to defer their decision and "a final decision will be determined later in the cycle." I'm disappointed but I can't help and hope that an interview invite will come through some miracle. Haha.

Anyone else get the same kind of letter? I'm wondering if they're waiting to see my fall grades before making the decision.. My grades have been an upward trend for the past 2 years but I don't know if I can pull off spectacular grades while taking A&P and Immuno!

I got the same letter too Koni. Don't worry you're not lonely. :(

I feel the pain too...
My file was complete 7-24-07, tier 1, and my PCHK date was 9-6-07...and still no pre-req letter or interview or anything. my stats,

3.5gpa
degree in biology, minor psychology
pharm. tech over a year
hospital pharm. volunteer....

Grrrrrrrr!!

I feel the pain too...
My file was complete 7-24-07, tier 1, and my PCHK date was 9-6-07...and still no pre-req letter or interview or anything.

Is there a date next to your "High School Transcript" section? All my files were completed in July (the last document recorded was 7/18), but my "High School Transcript" section is blank, and so my "PINT Office Use Only" and "File Complete Date" sections are blank too! :scared::scared:

I'm not using any high school credits for my application though :confused:

Shikamura:

If you don't have a date next to "File Complete" this means that your application is still incomplete. My PINT CHK is BLANK. My online status does not give me an option for High School transcripts. It mentions when my college transcripts were received but there is nothing on my status page refering me to my high school transcript.

I would suggest that you call UOP and inform them that you are not using any high school AP scores to satisfy their pre-requisites. I think that they are misunderstanding that you are not using anything from high school.
That is probably why you haven't received the pre-req checklist or why your status page is blank next to file complete.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck. I hate the fact that paperwork is SOOOO complicated. All it takes is for 1 piece of paper to slip under something and disappear to impact someone's application.
:( I wish everything was online and that we didn't have to deal with mistakes like that!

Best wishes
DavisAggie

^ Thanks DavisAggie. I will call UOP on Monday (the office is closed on Sunday, right? :()

Actually, I did receive a pre-req checklist, and it said that I have everything satisfied... that is why this empty "High School Transcript" thing is starting to really worry me. I think I have been patient long enough :p

Anyways, congratulations on your interview invite!

Koni, look on the bright side... you have not be rejected. So you are still in the running, Yay!!!!I know Immuno is hella hard.ugh.... I think you are right.. the Admins are waiting for your Fall grades. As for me If I don't get a letter by next week I am gonna call. I hate this waiting.

haha... this topic reminds me... I need to start my app too.

Hey. I saw my screen name. :p

I just received a letter from UOP today. No interview for me! UOP is going to defer their decision and "a final decision will be determined later in the cycle." I'm disappointed but I can't help and hope that an interview invite will come through some miracle. Haha.

Anyone else get the same kind of letter? I'm wondering if they're waiting to see my fall grades before making the decision.. My grades have been an upward trend for the past 2 years but I don't know if I can pull off spectacular grades while taking A&P and Immuno!

I received that letter during last year's app process.. unfortunately, no miracle invites for me, which is why I've reapplied this year. Best wishes to you. I want to let you know that you should feel extremely lucky and good about yourself should they send you that invite =)