UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I was pulled off the waitlist (6/19), so there is still hope to all of you waiting! Hang in there!!! :)

You are so lucky!! Congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that were pulled off the waitlist, did you send in updated transcripts or anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, send in your final transcripts.

When I got my official acceptance letter, it stated my acceptance was dependent upon completion of my B.S. degree, completing my last o-chem lab, and receiving a 2.8 GPA my final semester. It said to send in my transcript(s) ASAP.

Did anyone else receive the latest package from UOP? It says the white coat ceremony is September 19th, it contains a class schedule, a calendar, and it has a few other doo-dads in it.

Also, I returned my financial aid information about 2-3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since then. I decreased the amount of the Grad Plus loan that was offered. Has anyone received any updated info on their financial aid since you've sent in the original letter?

I also got the new packet with the schedule etc. I haven't heard from financial aid either but if you check on Pacific login, it will show which documents they recieved. At this point, my just says that they are waiting on my entrance interview for the stafford loans.

My packet said something about filling forms like immunization records and so forth. But I never received those forms!

My packet said something about filling forms like immunization records and so forth. But I never received those forms!
Hmmm... I think mine came with the original acceptance letter. There was a whole Cowell Wellness Center packet inside the larger envelope. We have to get physicals, prove that our immunizations are up to date, prove that we have health insurance, etc.

I'd give them a call if you haven't received that packet.

Hey is anyone looking into buying a handheld PDA with some type of pharmacy software like Lexicomp? My pharmacist recommended I buy one because he thinks I'll need it/use it even in the first year, but he didn't go to UOP. What do you guys think?

Hey is anyone looking into buying a handheld PDA with some type of pharmacy software like Lexicomp? My pharmacist recommended I buy one because he thinks I'll need it/use it even in the first year, but he didn't go to UOP. What do you guys think?

ahhh... my big in my fraternity got a handheld just for those programs. He says they are quite helpful especially on rotations when you can't access other info as easily.

What type of phone do you have? I just loaded "epocrates" on my Palm Centro. If you have a PDA/ Smartphone you can download one for free from their website.

However, if you do end up buying a different program, check to see if there is a student discount.

Yes, send in your final transcripts.

When I got my official acceptance letter, it stated my acceptance was dependent upon completion of my B.S. degree, completing my last o-chem lab, and receiving a 2.8 GPA my final semester. It said to send in my transcript(s) ASAP.

Did anyone else receive the latest package from UOP? It says the white coat ceremony is September 19th, it contains a class schedule, a calendar, and it has a few other doo-dads in it.

Also, I returned my financial aid information about 2-3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since then. I decreased the amount of the Grad Plus loan that was offered. Has anyone received any updated info on their financial aid since you've sent in the original letter?

congrats!!!:hardy:

I just got a call from Veronica...I'm going to UOP!

I have lots of work to do now...cancel my Touro admission, withdrawl my financial aid for Touro and transfer it to UOP, cancel my apartment, find housing in Stockton...so much to do!

How long does it take for the acceptance letter to reach you after you received the call from Veronica?

Congrats!

I just got a call from Veronica...I'm going to UOP!

I have lots of work to do now...cancel my Touro admission, withdrawl my financial aid for Touro and transfer it to UOP, cancel my apartment, find housing in Stockton...so much to do!

How long does it take for the acceptance letter to reach you after you received the call from Veronica?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad everyone to hear that a lot of you guys got into Pacific!!! I am an undergraduate at Pacific (not UOP; UOP = University of Phoenix now) and am hoping to go into pharmacy but I'm not in the pre-pharmacy program.

I have one more year of undergraduate to go but I'm applying right now, hoping to meet the tier 1 deadline. Is there any advice you guys could give me on any aspect of the application process?

My grades aren't very good, but I believe my LORs are great, I'm assuming. (I'm still waiting on 2 eLORs to be submitted by professors.)

[OT: I'm living in Brookside Hall, which is reserved for pharmacy and dental hygiene students, so maybe I'll see some of you around though we won't know each other (hint: I ride a LONG longboard).]

Does anyone know what type of tablet we will be getting?
I currently have a good condition HP TC4400, not sure if I should sell it...

I too received a phone call from Veronica last wednesday (july 16) and i received a thick packet of forms and information today (july 21). I had lost all hope until now but it looks like there is still hope for those of you that are still on the waitlist!! Now I have to withdraw from Western and find out how to cancel my loans for that school. To those of you who are already accepted, I'm just wondering, are they going to send me something about registration for classes and financial aid?? I already filled out FAFSA for all schools back in February.

I too received a phone call from Veronica last wednesday (july 16) and i received a thick packet of forms and information today (july 21). I had lost all hope until now but it looks like there is still hope for those of you that are still on the waitlist!! Now I have to withdraw from Western and find out how to cancel my loans for that school. To those of you who are already accepted, I'm just wondering, are they going to send me something about registration for classes and financial aid?? I already filled out FAFSA for all schools back in February.
First, congrats on hearing the great news! :D

As far as mailings, you will receive a ton of packets from UOP shortly. They'll be sending you a financial aid packet, a health packet, registration/orientation packets, etc.

A lot of us registered last week and I think payments are due on August 1st, so those are your top two priorities. I think the health packet is due around August 15th, or we might be able to just bring it to orientation. I'm sure you'll be receiving all of the important stuff within the next week or two.

Again, congrats!

OMG so exited!! I got in.... Cant wait for my official letter. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Aug.

Does anyone know what type of tablet we will be getting?
I currently have a good condition HP TC4400, not sure if I should sell it...

Hey, my husband called to find out what computer we were getting a couple weeks ago, they said it was the Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet.

Hey, my husband called to find out what computer we were getting a couple weeks ago, they said it was the Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet.

Thanks for the information... If it's the standard hardware, I think I'll be disappointed with the setup. 80gb HD, 1gb memory, and no bluetooth. Hopefully, it'll be the upgraded versions...

Thanks, that is a really good tablet. I guess i'll ditch mines.

I called the financial aid office yesterday and they told me to just withdraw from Touro and they'll put together a financial aid packet for me...since they already have my FAFSA.

I just need to redo my grad PLUS loan...since I'll be needing to borrow more aid for UOP.

Congrats on getting in! See you in August!

Hi all, I am looking for a female roommate. Please PM for more info. Thanks!

This is the new Lenovo tablet. I've played with it in the Pharmacy OIT (Office of Information Technology): http://www.tabletpcreview.com/default.asp?newsID=868

Last year's tablet is: http://reviews.cnet.com/tablet-pcs/gateway-e-155c/4505-3126_7-32425733.html

The Gateway from last year looks a lot better but it had lots of hinge problems (but I think it had 2gb RAM instead of the 1gb listed on CNET). However, the Lenovo does perform much better. Look at the Lenovo page above for comparison charts.

So... Tuition is due today. I was looking at my account and it still shows a balance. Does UOP automatically apply our loans towards our tuition and fees? The only payment that is shown is my $500 deposit.

I got another packet in mail last week. This one has a list of required things like couple of books,stethoscope, peak flow etc. I was just wondering if everyone ordered their stuff through AphA/ASP order form or other sources.

I got another packet in mail last week. This one has a list of required things like couple of books,stethoscope, peak flow etc. I was just wondering if everyone ordered their stuff through AphA/ASP order form or other sources.

Most can be bought for a lower price off Amazon or Half, except for the biochemistry book, which is a special UOP edition I believe.

Most can be bought for a lower price off Amazon or Half, except for the biochemistry book, which is a special UOP edition I believe.

Thanks. I am going to look online see what I can find.

Has anybody NOT register yet? I didnt receive any registration info and many other things left out in my mailing but when i checked the blackboard, I see that we are suppose to register. I havent really figured out how to register for classes. Does anyone know if we can register anytime or do I have to wait?

Also, as for the stethoscope and sphygmomanometer does anyone know if we can use a store brand one, like CVS branded one? It would cost about $17 instead of $68.

Has anybody NOT register yet? I didnt receive any registration info and many other things left out in my mailing but when i checked the blackboard, I see that we are suppose to register. I havent really figured out how to register for classes. Does anyone know if we can register anytime or do I have to wait?

Also, as for the stethoscope and sphygmomanometer does anyone know if we can use a store brand one, like CVS branded one? It would cost about $17 instead of $68.

Were you pulled from the wait list like me? If so, we can't register until the 1st day of class (August 26th).

So far, I sent in:
- Acceptance deposit + technical standards form
- Financial aid forms
- Cowell Wellness Center forms (H&P, immunization, etc...)

Yes I was also pulled off the waitlist. Oh i see. But 1st day of class? How do we know what class to take on the 1st day of classes then? Lol.

Yes I was also pulled off the waitlist. Oh i see. But 1st day of class? How do we know what class to take on the 1st day of classes then? Lol.

hrmm...good point. I have no clue. haha

I was also pulled off the waitlist and I was wondering about the same registration thing. They ll hopefully go over it during orientation. Or any input from SDN'ers would be appreciated.

I was also pulled off the waitlist and I was wondering about the same registration thing. They ll hopefully go over it during orientation. Or any input from SDN'ers would be appreciated.

I emailed Veronica about a week ago and here's her reply:

"You will not be able to register until the 1st day of class (Aug 26th). You should contact student accounts as you are still responsible for payments to your account."