UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
umm...i don't kno how to delete replies...so.... this is a reply to nothing....=P

Members don't see this ad.

when is the last interview date?

I think I remember Lupe saying that they are still going to be interviewing in March. I know the UOP prepharm students who are trying to start the professional program have their interviews in March. So I don't know if they are still interviewing transfer students too. But hope that helps! :)

how people do you think UOP has offered admissions to so far???? I still have not heard from them yet. I recieved a letter about my decision being deferred back in the fall but havn't heard ever since.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on January 11th and just received this letter today (dated 01/28/07):

"Although I am not able to offer you admission at this time, I would like you to remain encouraged that we will review your application again after the interview process is completed in March. Please know that your application was given the personal attention it deserves and the committe believes your profile is strong enough to be considered for admission or waitlist status."

This sucks...does anyone know how many people are offered admission after receiving this letter?

I interviewed on January 11th and just received this letter today (dated 01/28/07):

"Although I am not able to offer you admission at this time, I would like you to remain encouraged that we will review your application again after the interview process is completed in March. Please know that your application was given the personal attention it deserves and the committe believes your profile is strong enough to be considered for admission or waitlist status."

This sucks...does anyone know how many people are offered admission after receiving this letter?

I got the same letter. Oh well.

When I saw a regular-sized envelope from UOP on my desk...I knew it was bad...very depressing

What day did you interview?

jan 11. i called them last week and they told me that they haven't even started making decisions. it says u can call them and discuss ur application. i wonder what that means. the uop students that i spoke told me that they lose 10 students after every semester, which is a lot. maybe that's not the right school for me. I am not very accelerated student lol.

I got the same letter. What a crappy admissions process they have going, making people wait so long. Already have a deposit down for a school and other interviews on the way so whatever.

it says u can call them and discuss ur application. i wonder what that means..

after a certain period of time they allow you to call and discuss your app (weaknesses, strengths, etc) to improve it for the upcoming application period.

Woohoo! I got the same letter (Jan. 11). I welcome myself to the club. I like being either rejected or accepted, not waitlisted or whatever...

after a certain period of time they allow you to call and discuss your app (weaknesses, strengths, etc) to improve it for the upcoming application period.

The letter states that they can not discuss strength and weaknesses at this time. Yet they welcome u to call them.

Did anyone get in who interviewed on Jan 11?

The letter states that they can not discuss strength and weaknesses at this time. Yet they welcome u to call them.

Did anyone get in who interviewed on Jan 11?

last year I think people were able to call in late Spring-early summer to discuss apps

I got the same letter. Oh well.

Your in a good boat...I thought you got accepted into Western and isnt that your first choice...You have not worries

Members don't see this ad :)
Woohoo! I got the same letter (Jan. 11). I welcome myself to the club. I like being either rejected or accepted, not waitlisted or whatever...

yeah, it's a strange letter. We are not rejected, not accepted, and not waitlisted. I guess...we're placed on hold?? hahaha

I think UOP is sending everyone who weren't offered admission this letter. I don't think they have rejected any interviewees yet.

last year I think people were able to call in late Spring-early summer to discuss apps

Not that this matters a whole lot.

But, it says, "Specific strength and weaknesses found during the review process will not be available until after the review cycle ends in April"

Yazzman, i liked UOP due to it's three yr program and the convenience of dorm life. Also, i enjoy being accepted even if i don't attend. :)

Not that this matters a whole lot.

But, it says, "Specific strength and weaknesses found during the review process will not be available until after the review cycle ends in April"

Yazzman, i liked UOP due to it's three yr program and the convenience of dorm life. Also, i enjoy being accepted even if i don't attend. :)

I understand...you are still in the hunt ...Im sure you will be ok...hang in there

I have a strong feeling that a lot of us will be receiving those yellow envelopes around mid-March. :D

I have a few friends that interviewed in late January. I'll let everyone know what they hear.

I have a strong feeling that a lot of us will be receiving those yellow envelopes around mid-March. :D

I have a few friends that interviewed in late January. I'll let everyone know what they hear.

Yeah I think you will hear something positive...I feel it you and ohjan

Hey guys,

I think i've been logging on to this thread to see any progress on the admissions at UOP every hour on the hour for the past 5 days... I'm so freakin' nervous! I think this is the week that we (the Jan 18 interviewees) find out the results of our interviews/applications. Although none of the posts have been directly to me, they have indirectly helped me to cope w/ this crazy anticipation I have been feeling over the past week. My friend who was at the Jan. 11th interview got accepted last week, so I know something's coming soon...

Anyway, just thought I'd post because my body has given up its will to sleep, although I'm extremely exhausted from work and stress. Again, thank you all! I hope I get to meet a few of you awesome people next year at orientation. Best wishes and good luck to everyone applying to anywhere, especially UOP!

[oh for those of you at the Jan. 18th interview, i'm the asian guy from Hawaii... the only one...hahaha]

Did anyone from the Jan. 18th interview hear anything yet?

Hey guys,

I think i've been logging on to this thread to see any progress on the admissions at UOP every hour on the hour for the past 5 days... I'm so freakin' nervous! I think this is the week that we (the Jan 18 interviewees) find out the results of our interviews/applications. Although none of the posts have been directly to me, they have indirectly helped me to cope w/ this crazy anticipation I have been feeling over the past week. My friend who was at the Jan. 11th interview got accepted last week, so I know something's coming soon...

Anyway, just thought I'd post because my body has given up its will to sleep, although I'm extremely exhausted from work and stress. Again, thank you all! I hope I get to meet a few of you awesome people next year at orientation. Best wishes and good luck to everyone applying to anywhere, especially UOP!

[oh for those of you at the Jan. 18th interview, i'm the asian guy from Hawaii... the only one...hahaha]

Hey, I was there on the 18th too...I don't think I met you though. Anyway, I haven't heard either, but I figure since our interview was on Friday, we probably won't hear until this coming Friday, or even next week. Even so, I keep obsessively checking my mail, hoping for a big envelope from UOP! And of course I'll be depressed if I get the little envelope, since we all know what that means. :( Anyway, good luck to you! Hopefully we'll hear pretty soon...

I just received an interview from Veronica!

I got in!!!

I interviewed Jan 25. My goodness, they were fast!

Now I can stop stressing.

I got in!!!

I got an email from Veronica this morning as well. Not knowing it would be such an important one, I didn't bother to open it until now! I got in too!!!!! Yay!!!! :D I really didn't think I would get in after how my interview went, but I guess they took my essay and the rest of my file into account. Congratulations Pinkster, and everyone else! Go Tigers! :D

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I guess I'm probably going to have to wait till march. =(

congrats to all who got accepted...

I got an email from Veronica this morning as well. Not knowing it would be such an important one, I didn't bother to open it until now! I got in too!!!!! Yay!!!! :D I really didn't think I would get in after how my interview went, but I guess they took my essay and the rest of my file into account. Congratulations Pinkster, and everyone else! Go Tigers! :D

HEY CAL! Im SO HAPPY FOR U! Congratz! WOW... i guess we may be classmates next year. It was great meeting you on saturday. Hopefully we will be seeing more of eachother in the fall.
You must be so relieved. I know definitely was!

I got in!!!

Wow, congratulations Pinkster741 and Cal687!! You two must be so excited! I can totally understand how you feel knowing that at least ONE school is interested enough to accept you.

I was in my humanities class, browsing the internet. I checked my email to see a letter from "Veronica." Thinking this was another spam mail I deleted the file. As the page was loading, I saw the words "Pacific Pharmacy School" and immediately retrieved the file. When I read the words "pleasure to inform you," I immediately said "what the ##ck!?" aloud in class. I then proceeded to throw my laptop at my friend for him to read the news. Thank God it didn't break.

It just feels like a big sigh of relief... playing poker to procure money for the interview trip, sacrificing so much for the past X years... we can all relate to this. We're now one step closer. Congratulations to those accepted.

HEY CAL! Im SO HAPPY FOR U! Congratz! WOW... i guess we may be classmates next year. It was great meeting you on saturday. Hopefully we will be seeing more of eachother in the fall.

coached her LOL..just kidding...I cant wait to meet all of you next fall:laugh:

Wow, congratulations Pinkster741 and Cal687!! You two must be so excited! I can totally understand how you feel knowing that at least ONE school is interested enough to accept you.

I was in my humanities class, browsing the internet. I checked my email to see a letter from "Veronica." Thinking this was another spam mail I deleted the file. As the page was loading, I saw the words "Pacific Pharmacy School" and immediately retrieved the file. When I read the words "pleasure to inform you," I immediately said "what the ##ck!?" aloud in class. I then proceeded to throw my laptop at my friend for him to read the news. Thank God it didn't break.

It just feels like a big sigh of relief... playing poker to procure money for the interview trip, sacrificing so much for the past X years... we can all relate to this. We're now one step closer. Congratulations to those accepted.

Yay, ExpressMail!!!!! Congrats to you too! :D So glad everything worked out!!

Thank you!!!! I am definitely relieved! It was great to meet you too, and it would be awesome to be classmates at UOP or a certain other school. ;) We'll have to wait and see! But for now, yay!!! We're officially going to pharmacy school in the fall!!!!

Gongrats to all of you who got in:clap:.
I want to be you!!!! Kidding!!!!

I wonder if anyone from JAn 25th interview received rejection/waitlist email/mail/phone call.

Seriously, at this point I just want to hear ANYTHING from the school, because waiting is not something I do well. :scared::scared:

I interviewed on Jan 25th as well but haven't hear anything yet.

Dearest friends of the UOP thread....

I too got an email yesterday morning from Veronica while in class! I got it on my phone, and in the middle of my large music lecture I grabbed by friend next to me and practially squezzed his arm to death! YAY! Good luck to everyone else applying and waiting, I hope your stress ends soon :)

Hey everyone, congrats to all the people who are doing it big.

I just have something that I've been mulling over. I recently got an e-mail from somebody in the UOP transfer department telling me I listed a class that doesn't fulfill a pre-requisite and was told to inform them when/ where I would be completing it otherwise they would cancel my application. Since I haven't received anything from them in about 2 months, I figured that was the end of it, but does this mean that I may actually still have a chance or are they just going through the motions of the reviewing the application? I figured I was out of the running, but this makes me think otherwise. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks

Hey everyone, congrats to all the people who are doing it big.

I just have something that I've been mulling over. I recently got an e-mail from somebody in the UOP transfer department telling me I listed a class that doesn't fulfill a pre-requisite and was told to inform them when/ where I would be completing it otherwise they would cancel my application. Since I haven't received anything from them in about 2 months, I figured that was the end of it, but does this mean that I may actually still have a chance or are they just going through the motions of the reviewing the application? I figured I was out of the running, but this makes me think otherwise. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks

Since I (or you and many other people) do not know what exactly the letter you received means and what admission committee has in mind.... i can only assume.
I would ve definitely let them know about your schedule changes (or whatever information they are asking for). They might still have interview spots available!!!
It is a better idea to show them you r interested then to ignore their letters.

Congrats! I remember you were thinking about declining your interview invitation. Aren't you glad you didn't?? :D

YAY!!!! they emailed me the day before yesterday and i got accepted!!! woo hoo!!! no more bumming for me ^_^

anyone in tier 3 that haven't gotten the interview?

Wow, congratulations everyone! You all must be so excited and relieved! Just be sure to leave a spot open for me come March. :D:D:D

I have an interview at UOP tomorrow, just wondering do they look at your pharmCAS app, or do they just have your resume during the interview. Also, how is traffic after the interview driving from Stockton back to the East Bay on the 680 and 580?

First of all, congratulations to everyone who got in!

To Sanfranalaska, they had my resume out and the professor went straight down my list of things. The student asked questions from all over the place that were somewhat related and still partly from the resume. Traffic wasn't too bad either. Good luck!

As a reminder, for those that are going to attend UOP for sure, the priority financial aid deadline is Feb 15th, I don't think it matters much if you turn it in after since some won't know if they got accepted until March. But if you qualify, you can get a Pell grant. Most of the financial aid will be stafford loans at the 6.8% that is fixed. You can also get the HPSL loan at 5%, if you're parents are low income.

I called UOP to tell them my schedule change, I'm dropping my biochem class this spring which I was taking for USC and Western, no need to take a class not required by UOP since I turned down my USC and Western interviews.

Good luck to the rest trying to get in, hopefully I'll be seeing some of you in August. I just have to keep reminding myself not to get lazy until school starts in August, may pick up some bad study habits. :)

As a reminder, for those that are going to attend UOP for sure, the priority financial aid deadline is Feb 15th, I don't think it matters much if you turn it in after since some won't know if they got accepted until March. But if you qualify, you can get a Pell grant. Most of the financial aid will be stafford loans at the 6.8% that is fixed. You can also get the HPSL loan at 5%, if you're parents are low income.

I called UOP to tell them my schedule change, I'm dropping my biochem class this spring which I was taking for USC and Western, no need to take a class not required by UOP since I turned down my USC and Western interviews.

Good luck to the rest trying to get in, hopefully I'll be seeing some of you in August. I just have to keep reminding myself not to get lazy until school starts in August, may pick up some bad study habits. :)

Hey there Moolman, I was wondering how much will pell grant give and how much?

The max is around $4000 but you have to have a FAFSA Expected Family Contribution of almost zero. Most people shouldn't expect much of a Pell unless they have almost no income. I think the Stafford rate is coming down slowly for the next 3 years from the 6.8% fixed. It used to be variable once a year and even went down to almost 2.5% a couple of years ago but the geniuses in Washington decided to fix it at 6.8%.:mad:

Hey there Moolman, I was wondering how much will pell grant give and how much?

The max is around $4000 but you have to have a FAFSA Expected Family Contribution of almost zero. Most people shouldn't expect much of a Pell unless they have almost no income. I think the Stafford rate is coming down slowly for the next 3 years from the 6.8% fixed. It used to be variable once a year and even went down to almost 2.5% a couple of years ago but the geniuses in Washington decided to fix it at 6.8%.:mad:
I appreciate the information...I think its 4000 a semester correct..because my friend gets pel grant.