UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 2/08/08. Got an acceptance email on 02/22/08 but still waiting for the snail mail to arrive :)
Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Can i ask for your stats, Imyourpusha?

Members don't see this ad :)
has uop sent out rejection letters directly to people who haven't been interviewed yet?

I haven't received anything from them yet either, and I sent in my app back in September. All I heard last was that they were putting it on hold and reviewing it again in January...which I took to mean that they were gonna delay my rejection. Oh well, I suppose it's too late to tell them now I got a job as a pharm tech, after I submitted the application...:(

Not necessarily, a couple people posted before that they got an email that they got in so I was freaking out too, but a bunch of us didn't get an email, just the acceptance letter.

So...did they make a decision on Feb interviewee??
It sounds like accepted people got either e-mail or letter....

I had interview on Feb 1, but got nothing!! no e-mail! no snail mail. Ah~~~~I really want to to UOP. :(

Just got off the phone with Veronica, and my app is on hold until after all of the interviews are over, then it will be re-reviewed. She said my app was good enough for acceptance or wait list, but they haven't made that distinction yet.

She said interviews will continue through mid March, after which those of us on hold will be re-examined for the remaining slots. I'd expect to hear back by mid April at this point.

Sigh, I was hoping to hear something good before my Western interview this Saturday (to take the weight off my shoulders).

Gratz to those that have already secured their slots.

PharmDeez, you know that they evaluate the whole package right? Stats get you in the door, which yours did, then it's only part of your app when they do that final analysis (I'm 3.3 Avg, 3.5 Sci, and Tech since 06, my glowing personality is a positive ;), and I'm pretty sure my age is a negative :eek:, aside from that I have no idea what my admissions packet evaluation ranking is).

zilko, when was your interview? hmm debating whether or not I should call and ask.

Just got off the phone with Veronica, and my app is on hold until after all of the interviews are over, then it will be re-reviewed. She said my app was good enough for acceptance or wait list, but they haven't made that distinction yet.

She said interviews will continue through mid March, after which those of us on hold will be re-examined for the remaining slots. I'd expect to hear back by mid April at this point.

Sigh, I was hoping to hear something good before my Western interview this Saturday (to take the weight off my shoulders).

Gratz to those that have already secured their slots.

PharmDeez, you know that they evaluate the whole package right? Stats get you in the door, which yours did, then it's only part of your app when they do that final analysis (I'm 3.3 Avg, 3.5 Sci, and Tech since 06, my glowing personality is a positive ;), and I'm pretty sure my age is a negative :eek:, aside from that I have no idea what my admissions packet evaluation ranking is).

I am in the same boat also. I have very similar stats as you do. It seems like they put everyone who interviewed on hold, if not accepted. Since they interview 350 this year (what I read on this forum) which does sort of make sense, (they have ~40 ppl per interview session and have about 9 sessions total) I just dont get it! So, 250 ppl are going to be on the waitlist? Just doesnt make sense to me, they should just start rejecting people, so at least we dont waste our time waiting. I also feel for those people who were first tiers and interviewed in Nov. Waiting for half a year when you submitted your apps early, thats bs. Based on their interviews, and the way they work their admission process, I get a negative vibe from their school. Of course this wouldnt have been the case, if i was accepted. :cool:

I guess I'm just venting...

Vent away, but my experience, limited as it is, is that most schools are this way. More and more schools are opting to put people on wait lists rather than reject them outright. Kind of the 'band-aid' syndrome, do you just yank it off or pull it off slowly. I still have hope (and 2 more interviews, UoP is still my 1st choice though), but if I don't make it this year, I may start to look at other options like a PhD in Bioinformatics (my push for a PharmD is to get into the Pharmacy Informatics field).
P-)

Just got a "we cannot offer you admission at this time...we will review your application again after the march interviews are over", poo this sucks. The faculty interviewer didn't even write stuff down when he asked me questions, he wasn't really listening to what I was saying either. I interviewed Feb 8th. Good luck to those still waiting.

I am in the same boat also. I have very similar stats as you do. It seems like they put everyone who interviewed on hold, if not accepted. Since they interview 350 this year (what I read on this forum) which does sort of make sense, (they have ~40 ppl per interview session and have about 9 sessions total) I just dont get it! So, 250 ppl are going to be on the waitlist? Just doesnt make sense to me, they should just start rejecting people, so at least we dont waste our time waiting. I also feel for those people who were first tiers and interviewed in Nov. Waiting for half a year when you submitted your apps early, thats bs. Based on their interviews, and the way they work their admission process, I get a negative vibe from their school. Of course this wouldnt have been the case, if i was accepted. :cool:

I guess I'm just venting...

I think all the schools don't reject anyone yet after an interview because they themselves don't know who is attending for sure yet. There are plenty of rejection letters for people who never got a interview. I think those people would gladly trade places with you, at least you got an interview and was able to show them what you got. I know a couple of people from my school that didn't get an interview. There are a select few who get accepted into a bunch of schools and they put the deposits down at multiple schools so until April, the schools don't know for sure who's coming. UOP sent out a bunch of acceptance letters, judging from this forum but we also have a few people who stated that they are going to turn it down. So they have to pick 100 people from 350 interviews. If they off the bat rejected a bunch of people after the interview, I think they would have a real hard time getting 100 people.

Don't sweat it too much, I believe last year a good amount of people got in in March/April. I even know some people that go in late too in years past. Good Luck.

I think all the schools don't reject anyone yet after an interview because they themselves don't know who is attending for sure yet. There are plenty of rejection letters for people who never got a interview. I think those people would gladly trade places with you, at least you got an interview and was able to show them what you got. I know a couple of people from my school that didn't get an interview. There are a select few who get accepted into a bunch of schools and they put the deposits down at multiple schools so until April, the schools don't know for sure who's coming. UOP sent out a bunch of acceptance letters, judging from this forum but we also have a few people who stated that they are going to turn it down. So they have to pick 100 people from 350 interviews. If they off the bat rejected a bunch of people after the interview, I think they would have a real hard time getting 100 people.

Don't sweat it too much, I believe last year a good amount of people got in in March/April. I even know some people that go in late too in years past. Good Luck.

I know of a person who didnt hear anything until the very end..he had given up hope ..but he made it in and he is at UOP

Members don't see this ad :)
i know of ppl who have been rejected after the interview...

I too got one of those vague letters about not being accepted or waitlisted...so yea i'm just thankful i haven't got rejected and hoping and praying that i get in

has anyone got rejected without an interview yet?

HEy Guys

The pre-pharm club at my university just had a UOP representative come to visit. They are still interviewing until the end of march so there is STILL HOPE! HANG in there!

Hopefully you guys will be receiving surprises in the mail school!
Best of Luck to YOU!

dude, i'm starting to lose hope because i haven't received anything, not a hold letter, nor an interview invite. does this necessarily mean rejection?

Okay, got the official, letter today, that says "we'll re-review your packet after the end of interviews." They say to expect to be contacted before the end of April with a status update. For now we are not officially 'wait listed,' as that will come after the re-review. Time to practice all those anti-stress techniques. :)

Okay, got the official, letter today, that says "we'll re-review your packet after the end of interviews." They say to expect to be contacted before the end of April with a status update. For now we are not officially 'wait listed,' as that will come after the re-review. Time to practice all those anti-stress techniques. :)

I truly think many of you individuals waiting will get accepted...mind you that many applicants have applied at multiply school and many people have accepted invites to other schools leaving vacancies at UOP...good luck ..

Can i ask for your stats, Imyourpusha?

Like someone said above, stats don't tell too much about the applicant (especially with me) but for what its worth: overall GPA=3.6, science GPA=3.4 BA in psychology from UC Berkeley, tech for a year, any other q's feel free to PM me.

Just got my letter today! :) Came in a big envelope with "Welcome to Pacific" on the front.

Interview date: 02/08/08
Letter dated: 02/27/08

Good luck to everyone else!

anyone from tier 1 that was put on hold for application to be re-reviewed after january and yet still doesn't have an interview yet? i have not received anything from UOP after the pharmcas academic update...i called them earlier in the week and they said they would be sending out a letter to me in mid-march...not sure if that's an interview invite or a rejection cuz interviews finish by the end of march...:(

anyone from tier 1 that was put on hold for application to be re-reviewed after january and yet still doesn't have an interview yet? i have not received anything from UOP after the pharmcas academic update...i called them earlier in the week and they said they would be sending out a letter to me in mid-march...not sure if that's an interview invite or a rejection cuz interviews finish by the end of march...:(

This is what I hate about UOP, or pharmacy schools in general. They are just beating around the bush.

This is what I hate about UOP, or pharmacy schools in general. They are just beating around the bush.
Is this your first year applying PharmDeez? It isn't just Pharmacy schools, it's all schools (or at least those that have more applicants than spaces). I spent months waiting as an alternate to hear from West Point during my senior year of high school.

Find your center and chant after me, 'Oohhhhhmmmmm....' :)

Hey everyone!

I got into UOP back in early February, but i just wanted to encourage you by saying that I'm going to be giving up my spot (too bad I am out the $550, but what are ya gonna do?). So there's one more spot open for those of you who haven't heard yet!

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I was impressed with UOP's active student body when I interviewed there. It's a great place, and you guys will all be pharmacists a year ahead of me. ;)

Plus, if you get in, you'll get to be classmates with DavisAggie. I met her on interviews and she's really cool. :)

Anyway, good luck!!! :luck:

Hey everyone!

I got into UOP back in early February, but i just wanted to encourage you by saying that I'm going to be giving up my spot (too bad I am out the $550, but what are ya gonna do?). So there's one more spot open for those of you who haven't heard yet!

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I was impressed with UOP's active student body when I interviewed there. It's a great place, and you guys will all be pharmacists a year ahead of me. ;)

Plus, if you get in, you'll get to be classmates with DavisAggie. I met her on interviews and she's really cool. :)

haha...thanks for the update!
I see in your sig that you're gonna got into UCSF!!! Congrats!!!

Hey everyone!

Hahah loser thanks for giving us ur spot! J/k j/k :) ... grats on SF and thanks for giving us lowbies a possible spot :)

Hey everyone!

HEY CAL

LOL
Thanks for encouragement! Ur hElla Cool TOO! UCSF is Lucky to HAVE U!!!
You will be GREAT! Im gonna come party in SF tho, cuz I don't know about the Stockton Party scene - LOL!

To UOP's Class of 2011, We're GOnnA TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

GOOD LUCK TO those who are interviewing. PM me if you guys have any questions!

I had a interview in Feb 1st, but I haven't got anything regarding decision.
Since I already found out there is people who got acceptance via e-mail or snail mail, I am expecting my 'hold' letter coming soon.
I just called the uop office and was told decision letter will be sent out mid March. That sounds weird...why don't I get even hold letter??
anyone in my boat?

HI GUYS

Hope you are having a good week.

To those of you guys who have interviews coming up, don't stress, just be yourself and stay calm and confident and you will do GREAT!

For those of you who haven't heard anything yet, like I said before, interviews will be conducted until the end of march. This means that you could still be receiving an invitation in the mail. DON'T LOOSE HOPE! Stay Positive!

To EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED, I just created a UOP Class of 2011
group on Facebook. I would love it if you guys could please add it. This will give us a chance to get to know a little bit about eachother and communicate before we all meet at orientation in August. Here's the link:

http://ucdavis.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10959879257

Anyways.... I wish you all the best!

Take Care
DavisAggie!:luck:

HI GUYS

To those of you guys who have interviews coming up, don't stress, just be yourself and stay calm and confident and you will do GREAT!

For those of you who haven't heard anything yet, like I said before, interviews will be conducted until the end of march. This means that you could still be receiving an invitation in the mail. DON'T LOOSE HOPE! Stay Positive!

group on Facebook. I would love it if you guys could please add it. This will give us a chance to get to know a little bit about eachother and communicate before we all meet at orientation in August. Here's the link:

Take Care

NICE =).

HI GUYS

Take Care

What about the ppl who have been interviewed, but have been put on hold or whatever they want to call it...lol

You forgot us...
*tear...jk

HI GUYS

Take Care

how many did you get so far?

Are there any current UOP students here? I just wanna ask you a couple questions!

Oh i just meant current pharmacy students but thank you

I just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone in this forum! We've comforted each other since the early days in July 2007!

I will be turing doing my offer from UOP... yay for you bc that means an extra open seat! I'll start at UCSF in the fall, I wish the best of luck to you all!!!!! :thumbup::hardy:

Oh i just meant current pharmacy students but thank you

-_-"

Being a current UOP student I'm sure I can be of some help with questions, since I DO go to the school. lmao
Unless it's about classes, in which I probably can be of no service. But I can ask my pharm friends.

i lost my hold letter. Can anyone tell me if applicatants will be taken off the hold list starting in March? Or middle of April? This wait is killing me!

I have an interview on the 14th!

Is anyone else here going to interview on that day?

i lost my hold letter. Can anyone tell me if applicatants will be taken off the hold list starting in March? Or middle of April? This wait is killing me!
Were you on hold for interview consideration or on hold for acceptance/waitlisted? If you were on hold for interview consideration, they were supposed to start rereviewing in January. Hope this answered your question (or not).

I interviewed on 2/29 and just got my "Welcome to Pacific" envelope in the mail! :laugh: