UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes ....i filled it out back in february...any of you guys get cal-grant...

Nope didn't get any cal-grant. I received my bachelors so I don't qualify for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I was pulled off of the waitlist! Veronica called me yesterday and offered me an admission spot. I'm really surprised she called so soon. I wasn't expecting to hear anything until July or August.

I'm looking forward to meeting meeting everyone in August! Good luck to those of you who are still waiting! I interviewed back in October, so I know how it feels to wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I was pulled off of the waitlist! Veronica called me yesterday and offered me an admission spot. I'm really surprised she called so soon. I wasn't expecting to hear anything until July or August.

I'm looking forward to meeting meeting everyone in August! Good luck to those of you who are still waiting! I interviewed back in October, so I know how it feels to wait!

congrats!!!...i pray that i can get a call like that soon....haha

I guess people who just got accepted to USC are withdrawing their UOP spots.

Congrats! I was placed towards the top portion of the waitlist (interviewed in Jan)...still waiting for that call from Veronica. haha Congrats again!

BTW...did you send UOP anything after receiving the "waitlist letter" to strengthen your application? Transcripts, extra LORs?

BTW...did you send UOP anything after receiving the "waitlist letter" to strengthen your application? Transcripts, extra LORs?
Thanks for the congrats. To answer your question, no, I didn't send any additional documents. I don't graduate until May and I didn't really have anything to update them on.

Hi just curious what was ur waitlist status , were you high on the waitlist or in top portion? Thanks

Congrats Klemmentine!!!! :) I can only imagine how you're feeling right now! Good luck to the rest of us still waiting...

Congrats Klemmentine! IM so HAPPY FOR YOU!. U definitely deserve it! You have been heading this forum FOREVER! Im so happy that ur dream came true.

TO the person who mentioned that Ppl are choosing USC over UOP... I don't know why ppl wud do that? In my books... UOP beats USC any day! BUt... thats just mee!

Congrats, see you in the fall. Join the facebook group, if you haven't already. I joined myself but I'm new to it and it confuses the heck out of me. haha..

I was all ready to do my health check and TB test but then realized that it said to do it within 3 months of school starting. Still 4 months until school starts.

all right my friend ...you really deserve it.....CONGRATUALTION....I ve been rooting for you and there is one more person Im rooting for also I hope he gets in :)

Members don't see this ad :)
:luck::luck::luck:
Congrats Klemmentine! IM so HAPPY FOR YOU!. U definitely deserve it! You have been heading this forum FOREVER! Im so happy that ur dream came true.

TO the person who mentioned that Ppl are choosing USC over UOP... I don't know why ppl wud do that? In my books... UOP beats USC any day! BUt... thats just mee!

UOP OVER usc any DAY :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the congrats. To answer your question, no, I didn't send any additional documents. I don't graduate until May and I didn't really have anything to update them on.

Congratulations!!! Klemmentine...:thumbup:That was a long wait, isn't it?
Do you mind telling us what was your waitlist status? Many of us are still waiting :(
Thanks and good luck to those that are still waiting!

Congratulations!!! Klemmentine...:thumbup:That was a long wait, isn't it?
Do you mind telling us what was your waitlist status? Many of us are still waiting :(
Thanks and good luck to those that are still waiting!

Yea I interviewed in October too, but I am patiently waiting... Veronica plz call me with the good news soon:D!!!

I'm new to facebook, too! I joined just for the UOP group...not many posts though? Have you sent back your financial aid packet?

I'm new to facebook, too! I joined just for the UOP group...not many posts though? Have you sent back your financial aid packet?

I don't think it matter much when you send it in because it's all loans. They don't run out of loans.:) Facebook is confusing, I must be getting old because it's hard to figure computer things out now, but I did find some old high school friends on it.

I just got my letter saying I passed interview!!! :)

congratulations. May I know what you mean by "pass interview?" do you mean admission, or something else? Thanks!

I think he's a pre-pharmacy UOP student. The admission process for their own pre-pharmers is usually less stringent. I believe that if they "pass" the interviews, essays, and meet a minimum GPA, then they gain admission. It's different for us transfer students, where there's about 1800 applicants for ~100 spots.

congratulations. May I know what you mean by "pass interview?" do you mean admission, or something else? Thanks!

He means he passed his interview...lol
He is a pre-pharm, but its just an unofficial letter, not the actual letter yet...but it basically means acceptance.

Congrats!!!

congrats aznkukuboi!!! :)

to those of you still on the waitlist, is this waiting/hoping for a miracle driving you crazy, because this wait is killing me. Any tips on how to distract myself so I don't drive myself crazy? :rolleyes:

congrats aznkukuboi!!! :)

to those of you still on the waitlist, is this waiting/hoping for a miracle driving you crazy, because this wait is killing me. Any tips on how to distract myself so I don't drive myself crazy? :rolleyes:

drink???...lol
cry in the fetal postition?

The wait is definitely making me go insane, its pretty hard to not think about it everyday, at least for me...i'm just trying to get thru the last 2-3 weeks before i graduate

I think he's a pre-pharmacy UOP student. The admission process for their own pre-pharmers is usually less stringent. I believe that if they "pass" the interviews, essays, and meet a minimum GPA, then they gain admission. It's different for us transfer students, where there's about 1800 applicants for ~100 spots.

I see. too bad there's no way I can become a prepharmacy student...+pity+

drink???...lol
cry in the fetal postition?

The wait is definitely making me go insane, its pretty hard to not think about it everyday, at least for me...i'm just trying to get thru the last 2-3 weeks before i graduate

hahaha, thanks for the ideas! :p the wait is definately making me going insane also. congrats on almost graduating!

congrats from gmfs(snowbrdkid0):laugh:

anyone heard anything from UOP lately about their waitlist position?

I'm wondering how many people have been pulled off from the waitlist so far.

I'm wondering how many people have been pulled off from the waitlist so far.

When I called about 3 weeks ago? the lady there (I forget her name but it wasn't Veronica) told me about 6.

When I called about 3 weeks ago? the lady there (I forget her name but it wasn't Veronica) told me about 6.

Thanks! that's helpful.
Just want to double check, is it true that they place about 75 people on the waitlist?

Just want to double check, is it true that they place about 75 people on the waitlist?
I think it was 50.

I only know one other person that got pulled off of the waitlist. (Back on 4/29.) They called me on 4/30. I also know people who didn't fill out the waitlist invitation because they decided to go to different pharm schools. So there may have been less than 50 to start out.

Good luck everyone!

I think it was 50.

I only know one other person that got pulled off of the waitlist. (Back on 4/29.) They called me on 4/30. I also know people who didn't fill out the waitlist invitation because they decided to go to different pharm schools. So there may have been less than 50 to start out.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks! because i'm in the middle portion, I would like to know how hopeful am I. I don't know if they have started calling people from the middle portion, or all the people that have been pulled off are from the top portion.

Thanks! because i'm in the middle portion, I would like to know how hopeful am I. I don't know if they have started calling people from the middle portion, or all the people that have been pulled off are from the top portion.

I'm on the top portion...still waiting for that phone call. haha

I just heard back from Veronica Semler, and she told me there is about 75 students on the waitlist and about 10 people were accepted from the waitlist already...

Did any more people hear from UOP after being placed on the waitlist?

Veronica called me yesterday to take me off the waitlist.

I was in the top portion.

Last edited:
Congrats Powertoold! See you in August :)

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in the fall!

Glad to hear some of you on the waitlist have been taken off. I too am on the top portion of the waitlist, but i have not heard from them ever since i got a letter from them confirming that i am on the list. Does it matter if i call them to check on the status or not?

:)I was accepted from the waitlist last Thursday 6/12. Those of you who were accepted from the waitlist, how long after did they send you your approval letter?? BTW, i was the top portion. Congrats to all of you accepted!!!!

It took 5 days for me to receive my acceptance letter today - got off the waitlist on Wednesday the 11th.

Glad to hear some of you on the waitlist have been taken off. I too am on the top portion of the waitlist, but i have not heard from them ever since i got a letter from them confirming that i am on the list. Does it matter if i call them to check on the status or not?

I am in the same boat:(( I hope both of us get in :luck:

Hi everyone! I was pulled off the waitlist (6/19), so there is still hope to all of you waiting! Hang in there!!! :)

Congratulations! 8 more weeks til we all start up!

Are all the P1s planning to live in Brooks (spelling)? I just got pulled off the waitlist, so I'm waiting to see if I can get into Brooks, if not, I will have to find someone to live with :D

Does anyone know of a resource I can look at to find a roommate or apartment for UOP?