This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilpea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
WELCOME! Thread for applicants during the 2015 cycle. Has anyone gotten any interviews yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interview, they use Eventbrite to schedule interviews, still gotta pick a date

omg GOOD LUCK! :D UOP is my top choice and i think i got into their tier 2, so hopefully i get an interview invite :)

Members don't see this ad :)
they only had one date available for me and it was the day after northstate interview lol

I have my interview this Friday as well! See you all there :)

Hi all!
I just submitted my PHARMCAS app to pacific and a few other schools this evening... Any idea how long I should expect to wait to hear anything back? Thanks :)

Had the interview on Friday, if anyone has specific questions let me know

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all!
I just submitted my PHARMCAS app to pacific and a few other schools this evening... Any idea how long I should expect to wait to hear anything back? Thanks :)
KGI/Health Sciences review them pretty fast like within one week, Pacific and Touro take a little longer, still waiting on Western/USC but some people have already gotten interviews at USC

KGI/Health Sciences review them pretty fast like within one week, Pacific and Touro take a little longer, still waiting on Western/USC but some people have already gotten interviews at USC
How was your interview any advice you care to share? My interview is this friday

How was your interview any advice you care to share? My interview is this friday
20 minute interview with faculty, 20 minute interview with a student, both very laid back. The professor I interviewed with was very intelligent and charismatic really made me interested in going to UOP if they have professors like that teaching. Usual questions, but they seemed to be looking for a little more depth in each question rather than just what people memorize

20 minute interview with faculty, 20 minute interview with a student, both very laid back. The professor I interviewed with was very intelligent and charismatic really made me interested in going to UOP if they have professors like that teaching. Usual questions, but they seemed to be looking for a little more depth in each question rather than just what people memorize
Did they say when you should hear back? What type of questions? Like why pharmacy, why uop, ect? Sorry to bug this is my first interview and I'm so nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to UOP!! WOOHH

Reactions: 2 users
anyone hear back after interviewing on the 23rd?

Interviewed on the 10/23, got in yesterday 10/27! Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
What time fod you guys arrive on campus for your interviews? I know the event Brite says 12 but did anyone go earlier?

What time fod you guys arrive on campus for your interviews? I know the event Brite says 12 but did anyone go earlier?
if you come at 12 you should be fine. they dont really start until 1pm. i actually got there at around 11:30 and no one was really there until 11:40, but they weren't set up yet. i was only there early because i had to check out of my hotel though.

if you come at 12 you should be fine. they dont really start until 1pm. i actually got there at around 11:30 and no one was really there until 11:40, but they weren't set up yet. i was only there early because i had to check out of my hotel though.
Lol wait I think we met on the 23rd

Hey lilpea did you have all preqs completed or are you still working on some?

yeah probably! i was in group 3, what about you?
and no, i still need to do a general bio lab and one ochem class
I'm just finishing the microbiology requirement. I was group 1 today and I just finished so I hope I'm lucky and hear back early like you did. You said you heard back on the 27th right so the Tuesday after your interview?

I'm just finishing the microbiology requirement. I was group 1 today and I just finished so I hope I'm lucky and hear back early like you did. You said you heard back on the 27th right so the Tuesday after your interview?
Yeah they told us in a week but I guess it was like 2 business days! I heard from them at 11:30am on Tuesday after my interview. GOOD LUCK! Is UOP your top choice?

Yes UOP is my top choice I think everything went well today so I have all my fingers and toes crossed. What about you what's your top choice?

Yes UOP is my top choice I think everything went well today so I have all my fingers and toes crossed. What about you what's your top choice?
OMG SAME! i hope you get in, good luck!! we can be friends! hahaha :D

So you mind sharing about your interview experience and how you prepare for it? I got an interview for 11/13
I just reviewed the interview question post on here. The interview was really laid back. 20 min interview with professor then 20 minutes with a 2nd year student, then a writing prompt and tour. The groups were about 6 ppl each but then you break into groups of 2. Since I have 5 years tech experience I was able to relate all the questions I got asked to that.

Anyone know about the laptop the school issues and if its mandatory?

isnt it class of 2019 since they are doing accelerated program- 3 years?
Has anyone been placed on hold and got accepted already? I am going insane waiting for their result in march

I just reviewed the interview question post on here. The interview was really laid back. 20 min interview with professor then 20 minutes with a 2nd year student, then a writing prompt and tour. The groups were about 6 ppl each but then you break into groups of 2. Since I have 5 years tech experience I was able to relate all the questions I got asked to that.
Have you been accepted to UOP class of '19 yet?

Where are you all planning on living? I submitted my form to be put on the waitlist for on campus housing but it's very expensive! $$

Anyone know about the laptop the school issues and if its mandatory?
I am currently a student at UOP'17 and a laptop/electronic fee is added to your tuition. UOP uses specific laptop (Lenovo) that have a program installed to take quizzes, midterms, & finals. And sadly, you cannot get out from it.... and yes you'll complain a lot about it but there's nothing we can do about it haha! :sorry: