UOP vs UNLV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilbleezy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone; I would first like to thank you for taking the time to give feedback.

Background: Born and raised near the bay area in California, which is where I plan on practicing though I am not close enough to UOP where I can live at home and thus would have to move out if I wanted to attend the school.

I am very grateful to have received an admission offer to UOP and UNLV but torn on which decision to make.

Part of me can't help but think about the fun I would have attending UOP, as I know the program and many students well. I also wonder if the extra cost of UOP is worth getting out the extra year earlier, being a part of a strong alumni network, and having those connections in the area where I want to practice as opposed to going to a dental school that's oos and then coming back in California and not having a network at all. But at the same time, I am not taking this big financial decision lightly and am going to be talking with the financial aid offices of these programs and one of my family members, who is an accountant, to fully map out what the true cost difference will be.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and give your input as I really appreciate you.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you in state for UNLV?
Looks like OOS is 360ish for 4 years and UOP is 490ish for 3 years. At that price range you could justify three years instead of 4…

But that’s a lot to pay for dental school and if you don’t have wealthy family supporting you, look into HPSP/NHSC scholarships or have a plan for that amount debt.