Up in one down in another! Help me. please. seriously help me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Californicator1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I took the May 2007 MCAT and received an 12 ps 7VR 9 BS with R writing. I was told to retake MCAT because a 7 VR would result in automatic rejection by many schools. My adviser informed me that going down in PS is not a big deal because increasing my VR was vital. So i took the advice with the goal of increasing my Verbal score. In Late July I took the MCAT and received a 9 PS 9 VR 9 BS Q. as you can see my VR went up two points to something respectable but my PS went down quite a bit (seeing as how id idnt have enough time to restudy it all in between tests). Am i in a better position than i was before? I am appltying all over the place by the way. Thank you.

-Eddie

Members don't see this ad.

Actually you are. Think of it like this: you have the potential of getting a 9 on VR and BS and the potential of getting a 12 in PS. Unfortunately, you did not score to your potential on any one given day, but that has a lot to do with luck.

Are you in a better position than before? Absolutely. Is it much better? [Edit:Typo]] Not really. [/Edit] Best of luck!

You did drop 1 point overall though

I guess you're slightly better off.. but a 27 is still slightly below average.. if you're applying widely and have a good GPA, you will be fine hopefully. Good luck :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)