Upcoming GRE Writers - Vent and Celebrate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
570V is about 78th percentile, and 630Q is about 55th percentile. Not too shabby. :) (And by 'not too shabby' I mean awesome, in case that doesn't translate in text form).

Congrats on the improvement and on breaking 1200!

Thanks WS. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy with the improvement, I guess I just hear a lot of people here talking about their 1300+ and 1400+ and compared to that, mine is just a 1200. Regardless, I'm ok with it. I was able to raise my score quite a bit and am now where most people claim is the cut number. Lol, as long as I don't get tossed based on it I am super happy. I believe that my score last year (1080) was a real hinderance for my applications).

Anyway, thanks again :D

Members don't see this ad.

Woo hoo! I'm so happy for you! :D

Okay, I'm pretty happy... My analytic writing score when I took the GRE last year was 4.0, which was 33rd percentile. I retook the test in October and just got my scores in the mail-- 5.5 this time, which was 88th percentile. :D

Yay I will NEVER HAVE TO TAKE THESE AGAIN. Also I can now be pretty confident that if I don't get in anywhere this time, it won't be my GRE scores keeping me out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I'm pretty happy... My analytic writing score when I took the GRE last year was 4.0, which was 33rd percentile. I retook the test in October and just got my scores in the mail-- 5.5 this time, which was 88th percentile. :D

Yay I will NEVER HAVE TO TAKE THESE AGAIN. Also I can now be pretty confident that if I don't get in anywhere this time, it won't be my GRE scores keeping me out.

Congrats WS, I'm so happy for you!

My old sores were 520V and 560Q (1080) and now they are 570V and 630Q (1200).

This made me laugh. I know it's just a typo, but what could be more of a "Freudian slip" than that?! :laugh:

Boy do I remember THAT feeling! Lovely! Congrats! :hardy:

Thanks WS. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy with the improvement, I guess I just hear a lot of people here talking about their 1300+ and 1400+ and compared to that, mine is just a 1200. Regardless, I'm ok with it. I was able to raise my score quite a bit and am now where most people claim is the cut number. Lol, as long as I don't get tossed based on it I am super happy. I believe that my score last year (1080) was a real hinderance for my applications).

Anyway, thanks again :D

I close to your score and got in. Don't let the 1300-1400 scores intimidate you. You've met that "cutoff" requirement, now the important thing is that you match, match, match your applications.

Good luck! :luck: