Update (4 months since leaving medical school).

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck for the future, OP.

for me, i felt and experienced all the changes you said AFTER getting into med school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it's more of a post to try and show current students that if they aren't happy, leaving isn't the end of the world.

It wouldn't be the end of the world, but financially it would suuuuck.

Glad to hear that you've made the right decision for you. Sounds like it really wasn't worth it and that you're much healthier. I hope you find a career path that makes you happy and that you continue to have no regrets!

(Aside: Eating organic won't make you healthier or keep you safer, according to the large majority of the scientific literature I've seen, so save your money!)

WTF

Members don't see this ad :)
Significant changes since leaving medical school (approx. 4 months prior):
-Juicing veggies & fruit approx. 2-3x per week (carrots, spinach, kale, apples, ginger, orange etc.)

Joking aside, good for you

@whizatphys,

i don’t know who you are, but we’ve shared similar comments and please, i need your help. i’m not sure how else to get this message to you and i’m not really sure how SDN works exactly, but i can’t get a PM to you for some reason. perhaps you can change your account settings?? (please)

i am a third year medical student and i don’t know what to do, i no longer feel like i’m in my own body. I watched your first video, and I'm honestly impressed (and I mean that) by your improvement-- either you really did get healthier by leaving, or you're lying... but I believe you, you seem honest. How can i be healthier?

i heard about another student like me who recently killed himself and i’m sitting here contemplating it while at the same time knowing that it can’t possibly be the only option left for a person like me. i have my suicide note in front of me right now, actually, and you know what it says: "I'm sorry mom."

what are my options?

h-e-l-p u-s

You should go to the hospital immediately.

@whizatphys,

i heard about another student like me who recently killed himself and i’m sitting here contemplating it while at the same time knowing that it can’t possibly be the only option left for a person like me. i have my suicide note in front of me right now, actually, and you know what it says: "I'm sorry mom."

what are my options?

h-e-l-p u-s

You need to go the ER right now

@whizatphys,

i don’t know who you are, but we’ve shared similar comments and please, i need your help. i’m not sure how else to get this message to you and i’m not really sure how SDN works exactly, but i can’t get a PM to you for some reason. perhaps you can change your account settings?? (please)

i am a third year medical student and i don’t know what to do, i no longer feel like i’m in my own body. I watched your first video, and I'm honestly impressed (and I mean that) by your improvement-- either you really did get healthier by leaving, or you're lying... but I believe you, you seem honest. How can i be healthier?

what are my options?

h-e-l-p u-s

Call 1 (800) 273-8255 right now.

@dandelions I PM'ed you my email. You're not alone, and there is a path for you. I can help, please check your PM's.

This thread has been reported by several users due to the comments about self-harm. SDN takes such statements seriously and we would like to remind all posters that SDN should not serve as a place to obtain counseling or other advice regarding significant psychological issues. Anyone who is contemplating harming themselves should immediately seek professional counseling advice, not rely on SDN posters or other non-professional resources.

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.