Update communication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sangria

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who've sent LOI's or other updates: do schools usually acknowledge the updates in some way?
A couple of weeks ago I sent an update about my activities by snail mail to every school that I've applied to that hasn't rejected me. I heard nothing back.
Last week I sent an e-mail to update schools about a small change in the biographical information, so far 6 schools replied by e-mail.
Is it normal that I haven't heard anything about the update i sent by mail?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, most do but some don't. Call and check if you want to know. Besides, shows you are really interested. Don't call on the holidays. That's just obnoxious...

sort of along these lines, I have 7 schools that I haven't heard anythign from yet. Some of those are obviously silent rejections or whatevber, but a few of them have been rejecting people (ie. they do use rolling admissions) but still haven't communicated anything to me. I did really well this last semester but don't know how I should communicate this to schools. Should I just email my new GPA, email an unofficial transcript, mail it?

any advice would be appreciated