Update Letter for Boston U?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WayChanger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I was thinking of sending Boston U another update letter...seeing how they're planning to send out a first round of decisions in 2 weeks, would this be pointless? I figure they probably made the evaluation decision some time ago (I interviewed back in October). An update letter would have my fall semester grades, a department award, and a summary of activities. Should I save my postage and just sit tight?

Members don't see this ad.

WayChanger said:
Hey guys...I was thinking of sending Boston U another update letter...seeing how they're planning to send out a first round of decisions in 2 weeks, would this be pointless? I figure they probably made the evaluation decision some time ago (I interviewed back in October). An update letter would have my fall semester grades, a department award, and a summary of activities. Should I save my postage and just sit tight?

How long ago did you send the previous update letter, and what was in it? It seems a little overkill to me to send two update letters, but if you think the award or the new activities are important to your application, go for it.

If your grades are good, I'd send the transcript in.

They already made the decisions. They told us to have anything we wanted added to our file by the first two weeks of dec and then I believe they meet after that, before christmas.

If you get waitlisted this time, I would send the letter in March, before they make the next round of decisions.

Good Luck!