Update Letter Format and Interview Day Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HybridEarth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a couple of hopefully easy questions to answer:

1) I am looking to send schools that accept pre-II updates an update letter that has info on two recently accepted publications and several submitted studies/abstracts. What is the best format to do this? Is letterhead, a brief introduction about my continued interest, and a list of my projects an OK way to format these letters?

2) I have an interview coming up and was wondering if I should bring a list of updates with me on paper to my medical school interview (4 paper submissions, 8 abstract submissions, 2 pubs, 2 posters). Is it OK to provide my interviewer with a paper copy of these updates? I doubt I'll have time to talk about all of these projects at an interview, so I'd like this information in my file because it would obviously help a little bit.

3) I'm arriving to my interview location a few days early to explore the area, and my flight back home is the night of the interview day. Is it looked down upon to bring my luggage with me to an interview? I have no where else to put it, and I am financially unable to spend money for another night at the hotel just to house my luggage.

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

1. First, determine if the school accepts pre-interview updates (many do not), then send them in the preferred format (usually email attachments).
2. You may give the updates to the office of admissions on your interview day. Do not whip them out, unsolicited in the interview.
3. It is perfectly fine to bring luggage to your interview.

Reactions: 1 user
You are very kind for the quick reply. Thank you gyngyn

Interviewees may give me something at the interview and I'm most likely to forget about it and not give it to someone to scan and add to the electronic record. I think that you are far better sending it electronically the day before the interview or giving a hard copy to the office staff (receptionist in med admissions).