Update Letter Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueonion28

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I sent in an update letter yesterday to my top choice school about several updates since submitting my application, including two abstracts that were accepted to two international conferences, my poster presentations at these conferences, a $3,000 scholarship I was fortunate enough to receive from a hospital in my area for community service (1/5 recipients), and a few other leadership roles I have taken up.

In this letter, I chose to focus on strictly talking about updates centered around the school's mission rather than adding how the updates relate to the school explicitly. Is that okay? In the future, I plan to send a letter of intent to this school as well. When should I send this letter?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! If I just provided my updates but didn't explicitly tie them to aspects of the school, is that still ok? I have heard mixed opinions about this, but I went with the first option since I felt like adding how they tie to the school seems forced.

Thank you! If I just provided my updates but didn't explicitly tie them to aspects of the school, is that still ok? I have heard mixed opinions about this, but I went with the first option since I felt like adding how they tie to the school seems forced.
Not knowing what you specifically could have written to tie them to the school, I think you're fine. Succinct is always better.