Update Letter question. New Publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indonacious

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a question about how exactly to update schools regarding a publication that is in press now (3rd author...4 total authors). Anyone have a successful format/template for such a update letter?

What sorts of information should I include (aside from the citation) and the pdf of the article itself?

- journal impact factor (in the 13-17 range)?
- do I need to clarify my role in the research of the paper?

Anything else I should include???

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

.Format:.
.Author list. Title. Journal. In press.
.If it's in press and not yet published, I'm not sure if it is proper form to send along the pdf article. I would check with the corresponding author to see if that's okay.
.In my update letters, I added that the date of publication is to be announced. I treated it as an update to my CV, and I did not include the impact factor or my role because these things are implicit in the name of the journal and the author list.
.Also my paper was associated with one of my "activities" in the AMCAS work and activities section, and also the basis of my PS. I just assumed they would put two and two together regarding my role in the project.
.Whether or not this was successful is hard to say because usually I just get a reply saying the letter is in my file. I have not yet received any interviews after sending these letters..