Update on U of Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md2be06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Adcom isn't meeting until the first week of December. All those who interviewed can expect to hear shortly thereafter. Is it just me, or is the waiting killing everyone else too? Oh well, not much we can do I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

MD2Be- best of luck, dawg- i'm rooting for ya. Take care! --Trek

First week of December? Ahhh!!! Yeah, the wait is killing me too. Maybe we'll be classmates, Me2Be06.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was hoping the Florida schools would contact me first, but no such luck :( . Guess they'll wait til after I spend tons of money traveling the country before they give me a call (if they ever do!). It would be so nice to hear from UF. I'd cancel about 75% of my apps if I had an acceptance from my grand ol' alma mater! Are ya feelin' me here or what?!?! WHAT'S UP WITH THE FLORIDA SCHOOLS!!!

Trek: Appreciate all the support bro. I'll be sure to let ya know how it turns out.

MiamiMarmot: Hang in there. Hopefully, the wait will be worth it for both of us. The clinical experience at Miami seems awesome. Definitely the best in Florida, and arguably in the country. Jackson Memorial is supposed to be the busiest single site medical center in the nation. What's your top choice?

SwampMan: When this process first started, I also felt that UF was my first choice. Now that I've been on a few interviews, I'm not so convinced anymore. I have no problems with the school, it's a great school with a very solid reputation. However, visiting other schools has made me realize what I'd be missing out on. In other words, Gainesville isn't all that. If you get an acceptance from UF, I wouldn't cancel all your other interviews. Go ahead and check out a couple of other schools that you're interested in as well. I'm not sure why it's so tough to get into UF exactly. One reason may be that a lot of the top premeds that are Florida residents, but attend the Ivies, choose to come to UF for med school. Not because it's the best school they can get into, but because it's 100K cheaper than the more prestigious out of state private schools. That's my theory at least.