SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by AF1892, Sep 3, 2001.

1. AF1892

AF1892 Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Hey all,

I just submitted my AMCAS last Friday, and I'm not sure of what to do now. I know certain schools are taking paper apps directly and some have online secs. For those taking the paper apps, we send them a copy along with offical transcripts, mcat scores (even if I retook and waiting for Aug scores?), and letter of recs all in one big envelope? This costs lots of money on my behalf, so what the heck am I paying AAMC for? Would someone please update me on what's going on and what I should do?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gosh I dont know where to start...

lets about the nytimes no

well, you could ask mcat to send scores..but....sHEESH

ok here we go, some schools want paper copies, but some schools like don't and get really pissy about it...

in terms of transcritps...some schools have requested it, but most haven' screw that...

in terms of ur mcat, copy it and send the copy to all schools...dont ask amcas to release it....

in terms of getting more detailed information on waht to do...I suggest reading pages 1 to 12 of SDN...believe me, U wILL personally get more info than having pple repost things for the 200th :D
  4. SMW

SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
    Have you found the website that lists the schools taking paper copies and those with on-line secondaries? If not here's the link. Johns Hopkins is the only school I'm applying to that is asking for transcripts from applicants instead of waiting for AMCAS verification. I'm only (!) applying to 22 AMCAS schools, so there may be more. You might start a thread asking which schools want transcripts from applicants. Your letters of rec should not come from you. They should come from your school letter service or directly from the recommenders. Usually the secondary has instructions about this. If not, check the school's website. Most schools that are taking paper AMCAS copies want copies of your MCAT score report, but some have just asked that you write it in on your AMCAS if it's not there (can't remember schools -- there are WAY too many things to remember this year!). What the heck are you paying AMCAS for? Something that has been discussed a lot around here lately! For a synopsis of the whole mess, I recommend the thread entitled "Letter to the President of AMCAS."