-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPenn c/o 2018 applicants!
Started by orca2011
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know in what order they are sending out rejections and what we should be hearing by? Is it by alphabetical order, time of application, etc.
The power of that so-called insult is gone.It's not the vets who went there that labeled themselves PennWes; It's a others making fun of the vets who went there saying, "At Penn We ..."
You're not supposed to call them that name lol. If they're calling themselves PennWes they're only trying to take power out of the phrase. I could give examples but someone would take it the wrong way for sure and call me homophobic, sexist, racist etc.
All the people I have ever heard use the phrase are Penn students or grads, or others using it jokingly.
In fact, someone trying to use it as an insult probably comes off looking like a jerk at this point.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Penn sends out some rejections early from candidates who would have little chance... Then they hold all the rest of the "could-bes" in a big pile until all the spots are filled and then sends out all those rejections at once whenever that happens Feb/March area. Of course... some of those couldbe people become accepted candidates.Does anyone know in what order they are sending out rejections and what we should be hearing by? Is it by alphabetical order, time of application, etc.
Penn doesn't use snail mail for the admissions process until after you've been accepted. Of course things could have changed, but I feel like that's something they'd stick with.
Except for VMD/PhD rejections! I got that one snail mail back when I applied (good lord I was going to say "last year" but it definitely wasn't last year....the application process may drag but the 4 years just shoots the hell by I'm telling you guys....)
Except for VMD/PhD rejections! I got that one snail mail back when I applied (good lord I was going to say "last year" but it definitely wasn't last year....the application process may drag but the 4 years just shoots the hell by I'm telling you guys....)
Did not know that. And agreed. It's definitely flying by. Can't believe I'm already half way through 2nd year.
any idea when those early rejections were sent out? i heard of a few ppl getting rejections but not many so i don't know if that means they were sent out already or not
According to the website, decisions will be sent out from January to April. So, it is a pretty wide time.
According to the website, decisions will be sent out from January to April. So, it is a pretty wide time.
I got my rejection in March. It was such a long wait that the rejection was a relief.
The power of that so-called insult is gone.
All the people I have ever heard use the phrase are Penn students or grads, or others using it jokingly.
In fact, someone trying to use it as an insult probably comes off looking like a jerk at this point.
Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything yet???
Not since earlier this week...Has anyone heard anything yet???
But I'm going out tonight. And I'm gonna drink. A lot. And not give a poop for a while. 😎
What did you hear earlier this week?Not since earlier this week...
But I'm going out tonight. And I'm gonna drink. A lot. And not give a poop for a while. 😎
Have a drink for me 🙂
Some rejections went out apparently.What did you hear earlier this week?
Have a drink for me 🙂
I will! 😀
Wow I strongly disagree with that. In fact, I couldn't disagree with it more.If you say so. An insult is an insult even if people forget it is one, .
An insult is only an insult if the person hearing the insult sees it as an attack. It has no power if you do not agree with the premise.
For example...
You say: "My mama so fat she...."
If I think or say... yeah, my mama is fat, so what? There is no insult.
To wit:
Someone was a called a pennwe because the "insulter" is tired of Penn people thinking their way is always right.
The Pennwe now recognizes they do that, and is proud of that reputation. No insult.
Penn grads have embraced the stereotype, and the insult holds no power anymore.
We contain the power in ourselves to respond to words however we want. Acceptance..... it makes impotent those that would try to attack.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am also IS and want to focus on equine and large animals =)Im IS large animal and equine =) and super nervous
Ok. I am officially dying over here. Any news?
Ok. I am officially dying over here. Any news?
Nooppeee. I expect I will be hearing from Penn second to last 🙁 (Wisconsin being last since the supplemental was so late).
Last year they sent out interview invites beginning the 11th (I've had all of these dates on my calendar for a while haha) so I'm all 😱 .
Last year they sent out interview invites beginning the 11th (I've had all of these dates on my calendar for a while haha) so I'm all 😱 .
Ugh I'm going crazy too..... heard from 2/4 schools not really expecting good news from Penn, and probably not good news from Cornell either (other school still waiting to hear from). But I just hate waiting!! Zero patience right here!!
Anyone know if Penn sends out email or snail mail? What was it last year?
Interviews and rejections were email, and acceptances were phone.
Well it takes them weeks to send out invites. Personally if I do get invited (not counting on it) I hope I get it later so it doesn't possibly conflict with another school...
I just got an interview invite! I am so excited! Good luck to everyone, and I hope to see some of you there!
Congrats! So exciting! Fingers crossed, everyone 🙂I just got an interview invite! I am so excited! Good luck to everyone, and I hope to see some of you there!
Well, last year they sent out invites throughout December and January.
I just got an interview invite! I am so excited! Good luck to everyone, and I hope to see some of you there!
Congrats!
I was reading the 2017 page and it looks like the interview dates are based upon what you are interested in (be it LA/SA etc.) Is that correct??
Last edited:
Ahhhh! Crazy! Does anyone know if penn is a send-all-on-one-day school??
I'm not sure, but I just called to confirm, and the person I spoke to said I was the first one...
Congrats!
I was reading the 2017 page and it looks like they interview based upon what you are interested in (be it LA/SA etc.) Is that correct??
I've heard that some of the applicats who have expressed interest in LA go on one day (in the past it's been in february, I think) in order to tour the New Bolton facilities. I'm interestd in research, and there wasn't any indication that this session is geared toward a particular interest (not going to new bolton, but touring the vet school and Ryan hospital).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's amazing, Acadia!!!! Congratulations! 😀I'm not sure, but I just called to confirm, and the person I spoke to said I was the first one...
I've heard that some of the applicats who have expressed interest in LA go on one day (in the past it's been in february, I think) in order to tour the New Bolton facilities. I'm interestd in research, and there wasn't any indication that this session is geared toward a particular interest (not going to new bolton, but touring the vet school and Ryan hospital).
Penn sends out their invites over 2-3 months. Don't panic if you aren't contacted today.Ahhhh! Crazy! Does anyone know if penn is a send-all-on-one-day school??
And many (but not all ) of the LA people go on one day so those invites go out later. but don't panic if you aren't invited that day... other LA people go other days.
It is GOOD news if you are contacted earlier, as it means they are probably more intersted in you, but no guarantee.
good luck to all.
Congrats guys! I got an interview invite too! January 10th! Small animal OOS.
I won't be able to check until 8:00 because my e-mail doesn't load on my phone. Argh! Stupid work 

omg i think i would die. i checked as soon as i finished my biochem lab final and i almost screamed while other people were still finishing their test!I won't be able to check until 8:00 because my e-mail doesn't load on my phone. Argh! Stupid work![]()
Yeaaah. Thursdays I work from 8:00 A.M. to 7:00 - 7:30 P.M (Assuming we close on time, no emergencies, etc.) and it takes me at least 30 mins to go home
And the worst part is, nothing is probably there. I don't expect to hear from them at least until the second or third wave lol So I'm all excited for no reason more than likely. When do rejections come out?
Well I was right and raced home for nothing
Sure I'm not the only one who didn't get an invite today. I guess I should be more concerned with IF I get one and not WHEN I get one, haha 
Sure I'm not the only one who didn't get an invite today. I guess I should be more concerned with IF I get one and not WHEN I get one, haha 
Penn Interviews about 20 people or so every Friday for many weeks. So they only send out a small number of invites at a time. PLEASE DON't GET ALL WORKED UP IF YOU DIDN"T RECEIVE ONE.
It is a drawn out process at Penn (as I mentioned earlier).... try not to be dismayed every week when you hear of an interview.
It is a drawn out process at Penn (as I mentioned earlier).... try not to be dismayed every week when you hear of an interview.
so what about rejections? when are those sent?
....but but but!!!! It's so easy to panic!!!! 😉 Much easier to panic than it is to study for finals!!!! hahahahaPenn Interviews about 20 people or so every Friday for many weeks. So they only send out a small number of invites at a time. PLEASE DON't GET ALL WORKED UP IF YOU DIDN"T RECEIVE ONE.
It is a drawn out process at Penn (as I mentioned earlier).... try not to be dismayed every week when you hear of an interview.
I addressed this earlier....a bunch of rejections are sent out early in the process to tose who had little chance. Everyone else waits until they get interviewed or all the posit ions are filled...that will usually be march give or take a few weeks. It is admittedly brutal for those wh don't get an interview.so what about rejections? when are those sent?
Congrats to those who have gotten interviews! Those that haven't heard yet, please try not to drive yourself insane.
Also, I talked to my housemates, and we'd all be willing to house people for interviews if you don't want to pay for a hotel. We have two sofa beds and are about a 15-20 minute walk from campus. You would just have to be okay with 3 dogs and a rabbit that stays in the living room (if you choose the downstairs sofa bed).
Also, if you can, try to stay for the Friday evening afterwards. We have happy hours every Friday from 5-7 in the Student Lounge and it's a great way to meet people and ask questions you might have wanted to ask but didn't get around to (and without any pressure).
Also, I talked to my housemates, and we'd all be willing to house people for interviews if you don't want to pay for a hotel. We have two sofa beds and are about a 15-20 minute walk from campus. You would just have to be okay with 3 dogs and a rabbit that stays in the living room (if you choose the downstairs sofa bed).
Also, if you can, try to stay for the Friday evening afterwards. We have happy hours every Friday from 5-7 in the Student Lounge and it's a great way to meet people and ask questions you might have wanted to ask but didn't get around to (and without any pressure).
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those who have gotten interviews! Those that haven't heard yet, please try not to drive yourself insane. Like SOV said, they interview about 20 people a week so invites go out constantly. Spots also open up as other people get into other schools.
Also, I talked to my housemates, and we'd all be willing to house people for tinterviews if you don't want to pay for a hotel. We have two sofa beds and are about a 15-20 minute walk from campus. You would just have to be okay with 3 dogs and a rabbit that stays in the living room (if you choose the downstairs sofa bed).
That's so generous of you!
That's so nice of you guys! I live about an hr and a half from penn so I was planning on just driving in for the day. .. Maybe I will stick around for happy hour though. I'm kind of getting stressed out already though - an hr and a half is a long time for me to sit alone in my car worrying all the way there and then reliving the interview in my head on the way back! Wish fam and friends could come... Would keep the stress level down.Congrats to those who have gotten interviews! Those that haven't heard yet, please try not to drive yourself insane. Like SOV said, they interview about 20 people a week so invites go out constantly. Spots also open up as other people get into other schools.
Also, I talked to my housemates, and we'd all be willing to house people for interviews if you don't want to pay for a hotel. We have two sofa beds and are about a 15-20 minute walk from campus. You would just have to be okay with 3 dogs and a rabbit that stays in the living room (if you choose the downstairs sofa bed).
Also, if you can, try to stay for the Friday evening afterwards. We have happy hours every Friday from 5-7 in the Student Lounge and it's a great way to meet people and ask questions you might have wanted to ask but didn't get around too (and without any pressure).
Are there specific interview dates for Penn or just Fridays? I don't know which date to pick for Purdue
All Fridays...Are there specific interview dates for Penn or just Fridays? I don't know which date to pick for Purdue
They will interview every Friday from next year until all spots are filled.
All Fridays...
They will interview every Friday from next year until all spots are filled.
And they only offer one date to each applicant right? 🤔

