UPenn c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dinashadow

Supreme Goddess of the Universe
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody made this thread yet. Who else is applying to upenn this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am :)

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I am. OOS & nontraditional . Good luck to us !

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also applying! Can’t wait to hear back

Reactions: 1 users
Yay! Good luck, everyone! If anyone has any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm surprised nobody made this thread yet. Who else is applying to upenn this cycle?
Partial to chocolates :love:

I am. OOS & nontraditional . Good luck to us !
Yay non-trads. OOS and non-trad when I applied as well :)

Yay! Good luck, everyone! If anyone has any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Wow. I remember you saying this in last year's thread as well! I will second -- @raf2769 is super nice and helpful and also, for those applying this cycle -- seriously -- don't hesitate to reach out with questions -- we were all in the same boat and I remember very clearly -- the process was a bit all over the place so if I can save someone the trouble of making the mistakes I made, or helping to alleviate the stress of all the "unknowns", I'm happy to help :)

I'm also applying! Penn is my IS :)

I applied OOS! Major reach but I just went for it haha

Also applied OOS! Best of luck to us all!!

Has anyone heard anything from Penn since the deadline re: receiving a verified app, timeline info, portal logins, anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything from Penn since the deadline re: receiving a verified app, timeline info, portal logins, anything?

Nope, I heard (read) it may take a couple of weeks to hear

I haven’t heard a peep either!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t heard a peep either!
I got my letter stating that all my docs had been received last year on Tue Oct 24th, 2017. The letter also stated that the admissions committee would be sending out interview decisions in December. If the timeline stays similar, you've got a couple of weeks :)

I got my letter stating that all my docs had been received last year on Tue Oct 24th, 2017. The letter also stated that the admissions committee would be sending out interview decisions in December. If the timeline stays similar, you've got a couple of weeks :)

AND for those of you who don't hear in December, I didn't hear about an interview until mid-January! Don't lose hope. :horns:

Reactions: 3 users
Got an email from Penn today that said they will start sending interview invites by email in mid/late December- February!

Got an email from Penn today that said they will start sending interview invites by email in mid/late December- February!

I got a confirmation email as well but received it last week. They are probably sending them out in waves.

I got the acknowledgement letter on the 18th as well. They've probably just got a lot to send

It's surely just the order in which they got through and listed the applications as received. I also received the "acknowledgment letter" (scary name - it sounds like "thanks but no thanks, we acknowledge you though") on the 18th.

No one worry! :) We can worry later. Like in December during our finals we can worry about this AND finals together, yay.

I applied in mid august. I guess I was just happy to have some confirmation that they had all my stuff:laugh:

I applied in mid august. I guess I was just happy to have some confirmation that they had all my stuff:laugh:
Hmm, I submitted early September so perhaps they’re sending them out as they get through the applications.
There’s something about getting that confirmation email though lol. Reassuring to know you didn’t mess up the application!

Got my acknowledgement email today *whew*

Anyone not have all their prerequisites complete? I apparently have to take Stats for UPenn if I go because my AP course wasn’t on my transcript because I got a 3.

But if we don’t here back potentially as late as February... that means we have to plan to take this beforehand so that it’s complete by matriculation.

Anyone gone through something like this or know someone who did?

Anyone not have all their prerequisites complete? I apparently have to take Stats for UPenn if I go because my AP course wasn’t on my transcript because I got a 3.

But if we don’t here back potentially as late as February... that means we have to plan to take this beforehand so that it’s complete by matriculation.

I have to take Stats as well. Since I need it for Davis too, my plan is to being an online course mid-Nov if I get an interview invite from them.

If I dont get a Davis interview, I'm going to enroll in Jan or as soon as I get a Penn or Colorado interview. Which ever comes first.

You can also take a summer class, as long as you get a grade by whenever transcripts are officially due! That way you can even wait to find out if you're accepted and going to Penn, so you don't have to take a class that a different school doesn't require. I took calculus the summer before I started vet school, and it was not a problem.

However, if you're not sure about your specific situation, the best thing to do is call the admissions office and ask about the time frame and what they accept!

You have until sometime midsummer to take it so my advice is to not worry about it until you actually get accepted to penn and determine thats where you want to go. If you feel confident about stats, you can take the DSST statistics exam instead of taking an actual course. Thats what I ended up doing (I was a math major, but never took an intro level stats course and penn didn't want to take my upper level stats course for some reason). Otherwise, you could just take an online stats course at the beginning of summer.

If you have any questions about requirements, the application process or anything else feel free to reach out to the admissions department. They are so nice and willing to help you out and answer any questions!. But also post on here because there re many PennVet students that would love to answer any questions or concerns!

Heyy y'all! OOS applicant. Always refreshing my email lol.

Does anyone know how pet friendly it is to go to UPenn and live in the city? Are there good places to take dogs? Asking for my chocolate lab...

Does anyone know how pet friendly it is to go to UPenn and live in the city? Are there good places to take dogs? Asking for my chocolate lab...

Hey, I was super worried about this before moving to the city myself. Most of the Vet students live in West Philly (the side the school is on), which is in contrast to most of the other grad population that lives across the bridge in Center City etc. Many of us have pets so we run home at lunch as well. We're also on the side with most of the undergrads, but don't feel it as much unless you're on certain streets/live amongst certain row houses. The closest park to school that your dog can run around off leash is Clark Park -- specifically the dog bowl portion (my front door opens to Clark Park), and it's been great. The neighborhood knows to leave dogs alone in the bowl and no one bothers you while you're in the bowl. It's about the size of a soccer field. The park/my house is about a 9 minute walk to school which is also conveniently located on the edge of campus. Z (my 3 y/o) was used to running off leash on trails a couple times a week and hiking and camping with me most weekends, so she needed some space to run with other doggies and play fetch/frisbee, given that my new schedule requires my ass to be planted to a seat more hours than not. Two other spots: 1. Woodlands cemetery is a nice place to walk around, and 2. there is also Schuykill dog park that is an actual fenced in dog park which is a bit further away/right across the bridge.

Paging @staff_wielder and his chocolate lab

:thumbup:

Reactions: 4 users
Hahaha, thank you for asking this! Ditto to the whole question... including my 1.5 year old chocolate lab as well! :)

Hahaha, thank you for asking this! Ditto to the whole question... including my 1.5 year old chocolate lab as well! :)
So many chocolates!! :love: Currently it's Z and another chocolate lab puppy not associated with Vet School holding the fort down. Lab population in general is a bit low, sadly. If people come to visit, let me know. Always happy to grab a coffee and answer questions :)

So many chocolates!! :love: Currently it's Z and another chocolate lab puppy not associated with Vet School holding the fort down. Lab population in general is a bit low, sadly. If people come to visit, let me know. Always happy to grab a coffee and answer questions :)

Chocolates :love: Maybe we’ll join the Penn party in 2020 :p
D8C99C03-157C-416C-BCC9-B9423E9F195F.jpeg

There are so many people in the West Philadelphia neighborhood that have dogs, it's very pet friendly. And dogs are allowed in the PennVet student lounge and to happy hours! (as long as they are dog friendly of course)