You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPenn Class of 2021 applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Guys I just got offered a spot at UPENN!!! I am so excited!!!!! I was #1 on the IS alternate list!
When they called they said a lot of people have deferred until next year so they are puling off the alternate list early!
When they called they said a lot of people have deferred until next year so they are puling off the alternate list early!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Did they say how often they'll be calling or when the next round is, by any chance?Guys I just got offered a spot at UPENN!!! I am so excited!!!!! I was #1 on the IS alternate list!
When they called they said a lot of people have deferred until next year so they are puling off the alternate list early!
I know nothing more than you do at the moment, but I'd like to think so!I am #9 on the OOS waitlist, is there hope for me lol?
Just out of curiosity, are you UPenn applicants following the funding story with UPenn, and digging into how (or whether) it could potentially impact your tuition?
Last edited:
Ahem... I think you mean UPenn 😛. But yes, I agree, it is something everyone should look into. And if you are in state, Call your rep and let them know all the valuable things the school does.Just out of curiosity, are you Penn State applicants following the funding story with Penn State, and digging into how (or whether) it could potentially impact your tuition?
Ahem... I think you mean UPenn 😛. But yes, I agree, it is something everyone should look into. And if you are in state, Call your rep and let them know all the valuable things the school does.
Ugh - thx - yes, UPenn. Brain death corrected.
What's the funding story?Just out of curiosity, are you UPenn applicants following the funding story with UPenn, and digging into how (or whether) it could potentially impact your tuition?
What's the funding story?
Penn responds to governor’s plan to defund veterinary school - VIN pretty important stuff to be following
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just out of curiosity, are you UPenn applicants following the funding story with UPenn, and digging into how (or whether) it could potentially impact your tuition?
I meant to bring this up earlier in this thread so that people were aware, but life happened. Thanks for mentioning it now.
I meant to bring this up earlier in this thread so that people were aware, but life happened. Thanks for mentioning it now.
It sucks.
I mean. On the one hand, I'm actually sympathetic to the cut - it's a private school, so it's a little sketchy to be receiving that much state funding for a private school.
On the other, it's an important part of the economy and research and education community benefiting the state, so it makes sense for the state to chip in.
But regardless of ideological position on whether the state should help fund the school, the fact is, the state has helped fund the school. So it is more rational (at least to me) that if the state wants to get out of that business, it should be with a lot of advance notification (years) and with tapering of funding. Not just "so long, and thanks for all the fish." That's b.s.
But it's a bigger issue than just Penn. Lots of schools that receive state funding are fighting more and more with their legislatures and governors to continue getting it. Definitely something for pre-vet students to be watching.
Just so everyone has a heads up, I spoke with the director of admissions (Rosanne) today and she said there's been a delay in receiving mail. I sent my forms and deposit on 4/1 (and I live 20 minutes away in New Jersey) and they still have yet to receive it. She confirmed that she will keep my spot, but I didn't ask what this means to everyone else who sent their deposits in- I would email her/call her and check your status!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also does anyone know how you can get invited to the Facebook group?
You should get an email in the next week or two with an invite to join the facebook group. AFAIK the admissions team passes your name on to the students who are the admins of the group and they should add you.
Just a quick update on the budget issue. The final budget isn't out yet, and obviously Penn Vet students, staff and supports are doing their best to urge the governor to reconsider, and we're all keeping our fingers crossed. In the meantime, tuition rates for next year have been released and they are still currently offering the 10K grant for in state students. Obviously we have no idea if that will continue if the state funding is completely cut.
Just curious... I KNOW pennvet merchandise (like jackets, vests, etc.) exists but I can't find it anywhere online! How do we go about getting any of that stuff? Is it sold at a store on the campus or something? I really want to buy a fleece jacket, but I hate to spend on one when I know I'm just gonna want one of the pennvet ones once i get up there 

I was just talking to someone about this last night. Unfortunately there is no online store. The only way to get penn vet merchandise is through clubs once you are here.Just curious... I KNOW pennvet merchandise (like jackets, vests, etc.) exists but I can't find it anywhere online! How do we go about getting any of that stuff? Is it sold at a store on the campus or something? I really want to buy a fleece jacket, but I hate to spend on one when I know I'm just gonna want one of the pennvet ones once i get up there![]()
Just curious... I KNOW pennvet merchandise (like jackets, vests, etc.) exists but I can't find it anywhere online! How do we go about getting any of that stuff? Is it sold at a store on the campus or something? I really want to buy a fleece jacket, but I hate to spend on one when I know I'm just gonna want one of the pennvet ones once i get up there![]()
Penn Champion Vet TShirt - not the best shirt ever, but it's fun to have something to rep for the summer before starting first year. fyi about half of my class (including me) ended up getting this shirt - we might just, in fact, be a bunch of tools
Last edited:
Just curious... I KNOW pennvet merchandise (like jackets, vests, etc.) exists but I can't find it anywhere online! How do we go about getting any of that stuff? Is it sold at a store on the campus or something? I really want to buy a fleece jacket, but I hate to spend on one when I know I'm just gonna want one of the pennvet ones once i get up there![]()
are you in the FB group? there are some people selling their old penn vet gear as well as a few calls from clubs for t-shirt orders. Otherwise, like raf2769 mentioned, I think once school starts there are a ton of clubs that will be trying to sell you penn gear.
Just speaking of clothes, if you need coveralls, I would advise waiting until classes start. The food animal club does an order of embroidered dickies for not much more than you can buy the plain ones online and they alter them for you (great for the really tall and really short people). If you get them, just check them once you recieve them, there are always a few people every year who should have gotten a small, but end up with an xxl which is inconvenient if you discover that the morning you are headed out to NBC for the first time!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 185
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K