UPENN Countdown Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlist tier 1...wonder what that means for mstp...prolly a waitlist huh

yeah- it is a waitlist for mstp. however, if you show strong, legit interest in attending - it is quite reasonable to get off the waitlist; they end up roughly 50% of the 100 people they interview [2 years ago data].

i would e-mail/call/letter - movement doesn't really happen until later in the season; may-ish.

Members don't see this ad.

add me to the accepted list

:D

who is going to the PENN PREVIEW? (the schedule is online)

I got Waitlist Tier 1. I am so unbelievably depressed. I already sent an LOI to UPenn. I do not know what else I can do to get in. I am just so crushed. I honestly do not know what to do with myself. They obviously do not want me. I waited since applying early decision. I do not know if my heart can take another wait, but I would love to get in off the waitlist. UPenn is still my dream school. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who got in! I wish you all the best and maybe if a miracle happens, I will join you! :clap:

Originally posted by Grumpy Bear
Yeah, I'm another tier 1. I feel like it doesn't look good. This has been a really bad day.

But there is always gwu! :)

DrJ2B- where are you going if UPenn doesn't work out? I hope it does though! Just keep bombarding them with letters!

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
DrJ2B- where are you going if UPenn doesn't work out? I hope it does though! Just keep bombarding them with letters!

Hey DoctorKevin!

I do not know where I will go because I have yet to be accepted anywhere. I got waitlisted (2nd Tier=no chance) at UCLA and now Tier 1 at UPenn. I am waiting on decisions from Yale, Hopkins, and U Roch. I also have an interview in 2 weeks at Pitt. I have a really bad feeling that I will get waitlisted or rejected everywhere else. Maybe I am being pessimistic because I am depressed, but I am still going to go for UPenn.

For all those who have been accepted, congrats!!

Originally posted by DrJ2B
I do not know where I will go because I have yet to be accepted anywhere. I got waitlisted (2nd Tier=no chance) at UCLA and now Tier 1 at UPenn. I am waiting on decisions from Yale, Hopkins, and U Roch. I also have an interview in 2 weeks at Pitt. I have a really bad feeling that I will get waitlisted or rejected everywhere else. Maybe I am being pessimistic because I am depressed, but I am still going to go for UPenn.

DrJ2B, I am really sorry that you did not get accepted. However, you should not get down on yourself. Keep in mind that you have to be pretty special to get interviews at Penn, JHU, Pitt AND Yale.

I too am pretty bummed out over a seemingly endless stream of waitlists and rejections. Being on 3 waitlists is not fun! Penn is the most recent one and it hurts pretty badly because I really like Penn.

The admissions process is a long road and a few more months are a small price to pay for potentially getting into your dream school. The Penn waitlist FAQ says that it accepts anywhere between 12 - 50 people off the waitlist every year, in other words 8 - 34% of its incoming class. You have shown me an amazing amount of determination in going after your goals. We still are in the game - there are only a few months left and at this point, persistence pays off! Best of luck!

Keep the hopes up, DrJ2B!!!

I know how you feel... I cried earlier :(. For me, the difference between Pitt and Penn is 6 hours from my honey, and I really don't want to go so far away for med school (he goes to med school in NJ). I am so upset; I love Pitt, but Penn is amazing, and so much closer... :( :(

Personally, i'm going to fight for it! I will send them a letter, e-mail, and harass the admissions office incessantly :). They HAVE TO let me in. Correction, the have to let BOTH of us in :)

Btw, I think you'll really like Pitt - I think that the city is beautiful - lots of college students - and the school has tons of opportunities for research, clinical stuff, international stuff, etc. It's really a great place - I hope you get in.

Hang in there - you will definetely end up somewhere next year - and maybe it'll be Penn!!! I hope you cheer up!! :( :D :D :D

Best Wishes,
Quid

Some people posted that they got rejected at Penn? Is that true? Or are they just calling waitlists "rejections" ??

Waitlist - Tier one...

ohh well, i guess i will be "forced" to go to pitt:cool:, which is in my hometown, close to my friends and family and my number one choice since i was 12.......I am withdrawing from all schools except Case, Ohio State and Pitt at this point.

Good Luck ya'll,

Rocco

I was rejected today, pre-interview, though.

Congratulations to everyone accepted to UPenn! I got accepted to the MD/PhD program too and Penn is definately my #1 choice! I look forward to meeting all of you future classmates!

Turgenev13

Members don't see this ad :)
are all penn merit scholarships full rides?

Originally posted by jfksenior
are all penn merit scholarships full rides?

I heard that Penn gives half-tutiton scholarships as well. This year they gave 11 full rides, at least according to the "accepted" status page.

Congrats to all who got in! and good luck to those that are waiting.....does anyone know when they let people know about being chosen for the scholarships mentioned above? Would something already be posted on the Financial Status Page?

they include scholarship info in the hard copy letter they mail to your home. you should get it today or tomorrow or Monday. goodluck! please post if you get a scholarship!!

Originally posted by PianoGirl04
I heard that Penn gives half-tutiton scholarships as well. This year they gave 11 full rides, at least according to the "accepted" status page.

Where did you see that info on your page? I can't find it... but maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Thanks!

i talked to the admissions office today, they told me.

Waitlist tier 1 for me. Looks like this tier 1 is huge! Congratulations to all who got in.

Originally posted by FinallyOnMyWay
Where did you see that info on your page? I can't find it... but maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Thanks!

The info about the 11 scholarships is in that little "why Penn" box that changes every time you refresh the page.

As for the half-tuition scholarships, I heard that during the interview, but it's not anywhere on the status page as far as I know.

Gaye sent me an email today! I got a scholarship!

Originally posted by Cooper_Wriston
I love brick :)

CCW

I love Brickhouse too :D She deserves to get in everywhere!