UPenn decisions

Started by deuce
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Big, red, mean letters, a depressing, dark-brown background, and a coat of arms that looks like a big frown. It's funny that in four years at Penn, I never thought that about the shield. Oh well, I knew it was coming anyway...
 

Attachments

  • upennNotAccepted.jpg
    upennNotAccepted.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 354
I'm in!!! I can't believe it! After getting rejected from HMS and Columbia, and waitlist at Stanford, UCSF, Hopkins and Yale, Penn actually came through!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fotografía;4943041 said:
I'm in!!! I can't believe it! After getting rejected from HMS and Columbia, and waitlist at Stanford, UCSF, Hopkins and Yale, Penn actually came through!!!

Hey, congrats!!! I was hoping Penn would come through for you!
 
fotografía;4943041 said:
I'm in!!! I can't believe it! After getting rejected from HMS and Columbia, and waitlist at Stanford, UCSF, Hopkins and Yale, Penn actually came through!!!

CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you!

Accepted also. 🙂
 
Big, red, mean letters, a depressing, dark-brown background, and a coat of arms that looks like a big frown. It's funny that in four years at Penn, I never thought that about the shield. Oh well, I knew it was coming anyway...

green, sorry for that. best of luck to you. did you interview at Penn?
 
Just wanted to say congratulations to all who got in! How exciting! I hope to see you all during Second Look Weekend - I am so happy to finally meet my (hopefully) future classmates.

Enjoy and celebrate 🙂
 
green, sorry for that. best of luck to you. did you interview at Penn?

Nope, I never interviewed, so I knew I wasn't going to get in. I just wanted to post the picture because I thought it was funny how harsh the rejection page seemed. Giant red letters? Give me a break. At least make them somthing more subtle.

I'm wondering though, did everyone that got accepted have bright green letters or perhaps a sparkling, animated, halo effect going on?

Edit: Congrats to all who got in. Have an awesome four years at an awesome school.
 
Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!

just saw the site - i'm accepted to the mstp!
 
I'm so happy for you fotografia!!! 😍 😍 You deserve this one!

Thanks! I don't what to do now. I'm still at work... I'm supposed to run PCR this afternoon? Whaa?? I feel like running around in circles 🙂
 
WL Tier 1. Do any of you fellow Waitlisters have any messages (or Penn Preview tabs) indicating your place within Tier 1? Mine is simply "The Committee on Admissions has a continuing interest in your application and we hope you remain interested in Penn."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL Tier 1. Do any of you fellow Waitlisters have any messages (or Penn Preview tabs) indicating your place within Tier 1? Mine is simply "The Committee on Admissions has a continuing interest in your application and we hope you remain interested in Penn."

Not me. Last year some people had a "This is an exciting time..." message indicating top of Tier 1.
 
the faq says there is no "top", and no rank - just 400 total waitlisted, 12-50 taken off on average
 
I had posted before, WL Tier 1, but this is the message below....it's really giving me a lot of (false?) hope!

"The Committee on Admissions has a very strong interest in your application, and you will be considered for admission very early in the waitlist process. This is an exciting time and you have many decisions to make. We hope you remain interested in Penn."

Edit: No Penn preview invite, though. Oh, well.
 
FAQ says there is no ranking, just two tiers, and your status tells you which tier you are in.
 
WL Tier 1. Do any of you fellow Waitlisters have any messages (or Penn Preview tabs) indicating your place within Tier 1? Mine is simply "The Committee on Admissions has a continuing interest in your application and we hope you remain interested in Penn."

I have the same thing as you...
 
I had posted before, WL Tier 1, but this is the message below....it's really giving me a lot of (false?) hope!

"The Committee on Admissions has a very strong interest in your application, and you will be considered for admission very early in the waitlist process. This is an exciting time and you have many decisions to make. We hope you remain interested in Penn."

that sounds promising. congrats
 
Waitlist tier 1, but my message below that is:

The Committee on Admissions has a continuing interest in your application and we hope you remain interested in Penn.


sounds like they give people two different messages, and the post before me is "top of tier 1"
 
so, does anyone know the proportions of waitlist tier 1 to waitlist tier 2? do they put a crapload of people on 1 and very few on 2? is it even? i'm just trying to figure out how many of these 400 people are actually "high" on the waitlist... from the looks of it it seems like basically everyone.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine says the following, under the "explore" tab:

"CHOOSE PENN
The Committee on Admissions appreciates your interest in Penn Med. Our current classes contain many outstanding students accepted from the waitlist and we wouldn't know what to do without them. You may be one of those students. Be sure to let us know of your continuing interest in Penn by completing the Wait List Response Form.

We know that this is an exciting time for you and that you have many choices and decisions to make. We wish you the very best and know that we will be seeing some of you here at Penn in the fall."
 
Tier 1 waitlist, with the "very strong interest" message, but no Penn Preview invite.

Man, March has totally sucked.

Congrats to all those who got in!!
 
tier 1. sigh. i hate this process so much. top 3 all waitlisted. damnit.

Sorry spatulas, I was rooting for you. Here's to being tier 1! Where are you going to end up if you don't get in off a waitlist?

edit: i ahve this text: The Committee on Admissions has a very strong interest in your application, and you will be considered for admission very early in the waitlist process. This is an exciting time and you have many decisions to make. We hope you remain interested in Penn.

Is that not what everyone has??

double edit: foofish, i think we have the same thing. No Penn preview invite. Curses!

triple edit: man, I just got a Yale rejection. Crappy day...
 
so, does anyone know the proportions of waitlist tier 1 to waitlist tier 2? do they put a crapload of people on 1 and very few on 2? is it even? i'm just trying to figure out how many of these 400 people are actually "high" on the waitlist... from the looks of it it seems like basically everyone.

I don't think there's a good chance of getting off waitlist tier 1 unless you got the invitation to the second look.
 
Mine says the following, under the "explore" tab:

"CHOOSE PENN
The Committee on Admissions appreciates your interest in Penn Med. Our current classes contain many outstanding students accepted from the waitlist and we wouldn't know what to do without them. You may be one of those students. Be sure to let us know of your continuing interest in Penn by completing the Wait List Response Form.

We know that this is an exciting time for you and that you have many choices and decisions to make. We wish you the very best and know that we will be seeing some of you here at Penn in the fall."

Same here
 
I got: "The Committee on Admissions has a continuing interest in your application and we hope you remain interested in Penn."

For tier 1 waitlist. Does this sound pretty unenthusiastic? Is it generally agreed upon that they give different messages depending on the rank of the waitlist?
 
Mine says the following, under the "explore" tab:

"CHOOSE PENN
The Committee on Admissions appreciates your interest in Penn Med. Our current classes contain many outstanding students accepted from the waitlist and we wouldn't know what to do without them. You may be one of those students. Be sure to let us know of your continuing interest in Penn by completing the Wait List Response Form.

We know that this is an exciting time for you and that you have many choices and decisions to make. We wish you the very best and know that we will be seeing some of you here at Penn in the fall."

same here

so it looks like we have the third best scenario.

first) preview invite
second) likely get in early in the process, no preview invite
third) FU<K
 
Well, congrats to everyone who got in -- I'm going to stop looking for my Penn Preview invite after like ten minutes of searching through the page "in case I missed it"...Will take my chances with whatever "very early in the waitlist process" means.

Now I believe it's time to write the best update letter Penn has ever seen...
 
Sorry spatulas, I was rooting for you. Here's to being tier 1! Where are you going to end up if you don't get in off a waitlist?

edit: i ahve this text: The Committee on Admissions has a very strong interest in your application, and you will be considered for admission very early in the waitlist process. This is an exciting time and you have many decisions to make. We hope you remain interested in Penn.

Is that not what everyone has??

double edit: foofish, i think we have the same thing. No Penn preview invite. Curses!

triple edit: man, I just got a Yale rejection. Crappy day...


duke or vandy. probably vandy.

**** waitlists (penn, hopkins, columbia).
 
"The Committee on Admissions has a very strong interest in your application, and you are one of the few candidates on the waitlist who is invited to Penn Preview. Please click on the tab above for more details. This is an exciting time and you have many decisions to make. We hope you remain interested in Penn."

🙁 🙁 🙁
 
"The Committee on Admissions has a very strong interest in your application, and you are one of the few candidates on the waitlist who is invited to Penn Preview. Please click on the tab above for more details. This is an exciting time and you have many decisions to make. We hope you remain interested in Penn."

🙁 🙁 🙁

That's actually a great message to get.
 
yeah, i think there are a lot of people who would kill for a Penn preview invite!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"The Committee on Admissions has a very strong interest in your application, and you are one of the few candidates on the waitlist who is invited to Penn Preview. Please click on the tab above for more details. This is an exciting time and you have many decisions to make. We hope you remain interested in Penn."

🙁 🙁 🙁

yea, dude, i would kill for that. aren't you going to harvard anyway?
 
yea, dude, i would kill for that. aren't you going to harvard anyway?
oh. i just saw the revisit thing. don't a lot of people get those? (sorry i haven't read the whole thread as it exploded...) i was under the impression that a LOT of people are on the tier 1 waitlist (ie, more than 50) ???

spatula: i'm actually leaning towards hopkins mstp at this point.
 
oh. i just saw the revisit thing. don't a lot of people get those? (sorry i haven't read the whole thread as it exploded...) i was under the impression that a LOT of people are on the tier 1 waitlist (ie, more than 50) ???

spatula: i'm actually leaning towards hopkins mstp at this point.

No, only a handful of people on the waitlist get the revisit thing...