UPENN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am planning to reapply to upenn. please advice if we need to just put an new application and send my recent scores or need to send the whole set of documents again. please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Smile designer. See you in Penn. MY stats:
part I 96, gpa 3.1, toefl253.

Sorry,
I am expecting a friend from newyork to bunk with me.If there are any changes to the plan I will send a PM.
Sorry again buddy.Can you share your stats :)
bye

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Smile designer. See you in Penn. MY stats:
part I 96, gpa 3.1, toefl253.

Hi upenn
Amazing score :wow: wow you must have really burned the midnight oil. With stats like that if you stay cool during the interview you will not have a problem getting into the program.All the best I will see you on the interview day:thumbup: :thumbup:

I rcvd an interview letter which is schd for Sep 29. Is anybody coming on same day? Please let me know. There are 700 applicants and 300 are selected for interview. Only 30-35 will be on the final list. Good luck to everyone.

NBDE Score____Per Cent
99______________0.7
96-98___________2.2
93-95___________5.9
90-92___________12.1
87-89___________18.5
84-86___________21.2
81-83___________18.5
78-80___________12.1
75-77___________5.9
Below 75_________2.9
Is this true??????How old are these statistics?

They are valid for aug 2006 atleast!
Also congratulations on being called for an interview with upenn.
My question to all accepted for interview-Did u send in a separate sop or did you fill it in the given space.Also can you mention anything about the recommendation letters.
Thanks

They are valid for aug 2006 atleast!
Also congratulations on being called for an interview with upenn.
My question to all accepted for interview-Did u send in a separate sop or did you fill it in the given space.Also can you mention anything about the recommendation letters.
Thanks

Hi
I did not use any additional page to add to the SOP.Re the recommendation letters to tell you the truth, I do not remember if i send in any recommendation letters. I basically enclosed all the documents according to the check list on the first page of the application form, which does not include recommendation letters.Why don't you call the university and ask them?

hi friends,
i got an interview call from upenn scheduled for 29th of sept...anyone going to philly from nyc for interview on the same day...if so let me know may be we can club together...

Hi everyone,
I got an interview call from Upenn,scheduled for october 3rd. But I have to postpone it to october 13th due to some circumstances. Do u think that it will have any effect on selection. I am very much worried about it .

Can you please share your stats so that others can have a clue.
Thanks.
hi friends,
i got an interview call from upenn scheduled for 29th of sept...anyone going to philly from nyc for interview on the same day...if so let me know may be we can club together...

hey friends,,,i just called up to divine tracy hotel,,,she told that the hotel is closed in june itself,,and all other hotels are pretty expensive,,,may i know where u all guys are staying???:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi rekha,
congratualtions on the interview call...best of luck to u...would be gr8 if u can provide me some info on when did u apply to upenn...i m kind of tensed as i applied on the 18th of aug and havent received any feedback from then regarding my application status.
thnx in advance

hi small wonder i posted my application on aug 21th and i received a letter on the 9th of sept confirming my interview on 29th...i think u can call them about the status of your application because when i called them b4 getting my mail they told me that my interview was scheduled on the 29th of sept..all the best...

thank you smile designer shall do as advised-where would I be without the sdn support!Sometimes common sense gets elusive!

hi small wonder i posted my application on aug 21th and i received a letter on the 9th of sept confirming my interview on 29th...i think u can call them about the status of your application because when i called them b4 getting my mail they told me that my interview was scheduled on the 29th of sept..all the best...

alrite i will call them and do so....thnx a lot

hi friends,

Hi rekhamadhuri,
Wish you all the very best for your UPenn interview....

:thumbup: Good Luck

Hi everyone,
I got an interview call from Upenn,scheduled for october 3rd. But I have to postpone it to october 13th due to some circumstances. Do u think that it will have any effect on selection. I am very much worried about it .

Hi vitadent,
Wish you all the very best for your UPenn interview....

Hi Rekhamadhuri
Good luck to you in ur interview? Do you mind sharing ur stats so that i can get an idea of my situation?I ll appreciate it.
Please PM or its ur convenience.
Thanks!!

hi HYDBDS,
Thanks for ur wishes..all the best for u too...

hey guys,
does anyone know if upenn is a rolling admission, or one has an equal chance to get in any time we apply there before the deadline??maybe those already in upenn can answer that????i was interviewed last yr, but it was one of the last batches to be interviewed, so ithink that migfht be the reason for my rejection, anyone has any clue abt their admission procedure????

hi friends,,,this is for all those who went for interview yesterday(09/12),,plz post ur experience and suggest place for accomodation.

thank you and all the best

hi friends,,,this is for all those who went for interview yesterday(09/12),,plz post ur experience and suggest place for accomodation.

thank you and all the best

sweetgal, good post!

Hi all,
My stats are
part 1 : 86
TEOFL iBT: 92
GPA : 3.2
Can anyone please give me an advice whether i shall apply in upenn now?? or retake my exam?? I m taking my toefl again next saturday. Do u guys think i shall apply after i get my new toefl scores?? or will that be too late?? will I be called for the interview or its just a wastage of time n money? pl give me an honest advice. It will be highly appreciated.
pl reply asap.
Thanks in advance.

hi dentist 3079 i think u should apply ,just see that your sop is well written , u should apply now itself early application helps ,if u want u can send teofll score later ,people with score of 85 have also been called so ....its just ur luck i feel never give up hope .....which u luck

Those who already got interviewed on the 12 of sep please share your experiences. Also what did they ask.

Hi cooldeal,
Thank u very much for ur advice and wishes.

86 sounds like a very iffy score .Cannot say abt u penn specifically but mentally prepare yourself for retaking your part1.You would be in time for some other schools(just be sure you take the exam when you are better prepared than the previous attempt).all the best

I wish we could post the lowest part 1 score called for an interview as well as one for an accepted applicant.Any takers for this?

thanks for the wishes hydbds,,,
my stats are:

nbde 1:89
gpa:3.56
toefl:260
work exp:1yr in india,3 months volunteering in USA
applied on 15th july,,,but my application was complete on august 8th,,coz i sent toefl scores directly from ets which delayed the process...

all the best

Hi,

CONGRATS on interview

Could you kindly tell me what was your volunteer position in US?

MY gpa is very low, what should I dO?

Thanks Enamel,
yeah, I m preparing myself for the exam. But sometimes the thought of scoring less marks than already scored, scares me a lot. can u tell me where else I shall study from?? I read kaplan , decks and previous papers before.
Any suggestions are more than welcome

Hi everybody
I went for the interview in Penn on Sep 15, being my first interview ever, I was both excited and nervous about it, but the only thing I can say is: just show up, be yourself and be relax ,everybody is super nice and you are going to have a pleasant day :)
Don't worry about your weaknesses just think about your strengths and your potentials,everybody has both weaknesses and strenghts.
They know what they want and they know who you are, they just want to see if you fit in their program or not.
For those who are worried about clinical questions: there is none!
If you have any questions about it feel free to ask, I will be happy to share my experience
GOOD LUCK :thumbup:

hi mina
can u pl post ur stats ? do u think if we stand a chance if we apply jus mid of dec 2 upenn thanx a lot bye.

Hi everybody
I went for the interview in Penn on Sep 15, being my first interview ever, I was both excited and nervous about it, but the only thing I can say is: just show up, be yourself and be relax ,everybody is super nice and you are going to have a pleasant day :)
Don't worry about your weaknesses just think about your strengths and your potentials,everybody has both weaknesses and strenghts.
They know what they want and they know who you are, they just want to see if you fit in their program or not.
For those who are worried about clinical questions: there is none!
If you have any questions about it feel free to ask, I will be happy to share my experience
GOOD LUCK :thumbup:

Hi mina can you tell how long was the interview and what actually they asked

Has anyone been called for an interview at UPenn on OCT 6th ?

hi sdn members,
just about to apply to u penn
my stats are
nbde 1 -93
gpa -3.36
toefl -280
i just have 6 months exp in india working as a DA in a pvt clinic during internship
what do u think my chances are ,i don't have any work exp in the US
quiet nervous abt that:scared:
any inputs will be welcome

hi,when you submitted the application?I send mine at the end of August,but have not yet got any call?

Hi sweetgal

Thanks for wishing me luck...I need it .....getting in to UPenn will be like a dream come true....Its the best school out of all the choices we have.....

hi apex locator you have a very good score.I hope you will get an acceptance from upen .By the way ,how was your inrerview?Did they ask you any dental questions or it was just a personal interview?

hi Dental doc81

I got an interview call for upenn too.The interview is for the 19th of september. My stats are
part 1-93
TOEFL-106(ibt)
GPA 3.19(ece)
Did you apply to any other school?I applied to Boston as well.
Is there anyone out there with an interview on the same day!!:)

Hi smile designer,how are you?Congratulations for your interview.How was your interview? Did they ask you any dental questions?I send my application at the end of August,but havent got any call?Do they send any confirmation letter or they mail you the interview call?My stats are
Part 1-95
Toefl -267
GPA 3.86(ece)

hi friends..
good luck to all those who have interview soon....
i had it today ..was very cool and relaxing and at no time you feel you are in interview...amazing faculty and staff..they make you relax and comfortable and regarding q they dont ask any clinical q's for sure ..atleast none of us have been asked and student who gave us tour said they usually dont do that even..so just dont bother about that ...and what they ask is just about you as person ..so dont forget to carry yourself and that is it..rest leave on god.have nice time in school ,enjoy the day dont stress out....that's all ...believe me once you are out of interview all of you 'll have same things to say...and regarding selection noone knows what makes you in..so forget about that now ..
good luck to everyone..:luck:
im sure who all deserve we'll be in....

hi friends..
i had it today ..was very cool and relaxing and at no time you feel you are in interview...amazing faculty and staff..they make you relax and comfortable and regarding q they dont ask any clinical q's for sure ..atleast none of us have been asked and student who gave us tour said they usually dont do that even..so just dont bother about that ...and what they ask is just about you as person ..so dont forget to carry yourself and that is it..rest leave on god.have nice time in school ,enjoy the day dont stress out....that's all ...believe me once you are out of interview all of you 'll have same things to say...and regarding selection noone knows what makes you in..so forget about that now ..

Hi I agree
The college is very good,friendly staff.I did not feel any stress either.You are expected to be honest about yourself and your future goals.They look at the personality of the person, scores are not that important,but surely helpfull if you have good scores.

Persons conducting the interview were very nice and experienced. What they are looking for I do not know?????No clinical questions will be asked, but only if you deviate to your clinical experience then you might be asked very limited questions. Remember it is a personal interview.

The interviewer does want to know what you have done after graduating and if you have kept yourself up-to-date with the current materials and techniques and how (at least in my case as I am in active practice)

Great score ambitious

All the best with the interviews. Don’t loose sleep thinking about it, it is a very relaxing experience. :cool: :thumbup:

hi friends..

Hi I agree
The college is very good,friendly staff.I did not feel any stress either.You are expected to be honest about yourself and your future goals.They look at the personality of the person, scores are not that important,but surely helpfull if you have good scores.

Persons conducting the interview were very nice and experienced. What they are looking for I do not know?????No clinical questions will be asked, but only if you deviate to your clinical experience then you might be asked very limited questions. Remember it is a personal interview.

The interviewer does want to know what you have done after graduating and if you have kept yourself up-to-date with the current materials and techniques and how (at least in my case as I am in active practice)

Great score ambitious

All the best with the interviews. Don't loose sleep thinking about it, it is a very relaxing experience. :cool: :thumbup:

hi smile designer
that's true they are concerned about what have we done ever since we are in US...but that's not the criteria..one of the faculty member told me if you are not doing anything you should have solid reason to support your answer..like health problems ,nursing mothers...blah blah
also those who think they want students who have work experience or research background ..that's not just true ..student who toured us was telling they do have students with lower score like 85 even in their batch ..may be they have something good on resume...so what matters to them is basically a person who can deal with stressful enviornment during program...they judge that through interview ...most imp is dont lie ..they know what are our capabilities are ..and they can judge very easily so make sure you are honest and saying truth ...rest leave it to god!

hi,when you submitted the application?I send mine at the end of August,but have not yet got any call?

Hi,
those who submitted their applications in August or before that are getting interview calls... BTW, you have very good stats....so dont worry... you will also get your call soon...they will send it via postal mail....

Hope this helps...

hi sdn members,
just about to apply to u penn
my stats are
nbde 1 -93
gpa -3.36
toefl -280
i just have 6 months exp in india working as a DA in a pvt clinic during internship
what do u think my chances are ,i don't have any work exp in the US
quiet nervous abt that:scared:
any inputs will be welcome

Hi,
Just go ahead and apply to the schools....early application helps in schools with rolling admissions... so dont delay any further....dont worry about lack of experience... you have good stats...just apply ASAP....

Hope this helps...

:thumbup: Good Luck...

thanks hydbds for the immediate response
have applied to u penn and keeping fingers crossed
Thanks once again:thumbup:

Thanks to all who have reduced the anxiety of the rest regarding the interview process.Could you Please give some advice on places to stay and their distance from the school.Thanks.
Dentist 3079-lots of people out here saying that upenn is accepting scores around 85.As far as preps go try getting real thorough with the decks and old questions and do remember to go through the part 1 link on sdn -its a huge help.

Thanks to all who have reduced the anxiety of the rest regarding the interview process.Could you Please give some advice on places to stay and their distance from the school.Thanks.
Dentist 3079-lots of people out here saying that upenn is accepting scores around 85.As far as preps go try getting real thorough with the decks and old questions and do remember to go through the part 1 link on sdn -its a huge help.[/QUOTE

HI
Can u tell me how to look for the part 1 link that u mentioned.
thanks

its on the licensure and national boards forum.