UPENN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi profile 76..

as far as i know we can always attach a separate sheet of personal statement for upenn.it needn't to be in the space provided in the application.am not sure of number of words but 1 or 2 pages should be fine.all the best with admissions.

Members don't see this ad.

HAI
Thank you B'lore
so how is your admission process goin on,I too studied from karnataka,davangere.
KANNADA SOLPA BARUTHE.
so when did u apply to upenn?

b'lore said:
hi profile 76..

as far as i know we can always attach a separate sheet of personal statement for upenn.it needn't to be in the space provided in the application.am not sure of number of words but 1 or 2 pages should be fine.all the best with admissions.

I read in the U-Penn website that the application deadline is December 22, 2006 but you guys are talking about the interview.

This is what given in the website

"All application requirements, including examination results, must reach our office by December 22, 2006 at 5:00 p.m., to receive consideration for April 2007."

Am i missing something here???

Members don't see this ad :)
Rojarose said:
I read in the U-Penn website that the application deadline is December 22, 2006 but you guys are talking about the interview.

"All application requirements, including examination results, must reach our office by December 22, 2006 at 5:00 p.m., to receive consideration for April 2007."

upenn has rolling admissions...

Rojarose said:

hi
upenn has rolling admissions and early application is always an advantage.go throu' this entire thread..people have already been called for interviews.good luck with admissions..

profile76 said:
HAI
Thank you B'lore
so how is your admission process goin on,I too studied from karnataka,davangere.
KANNADA SOLPA BARUTHE.
so when did u apply to upenn?

hi
my admission process is considerably slow..haven't yet applied to any university.(though i applied to columbia university,my application never reached the admission committee due to USPS mistake and i couldn't reapply also as the deadline has already been reached)thats my luck..
good to see many kannada speaking people in this thread.
good luck

HAI
b'lore
samething happened with me last year with columbia,I dont believe these people,I just lost my 100 dollars,they said they never got my application,but my check was approved.just dint want to reapply their again.
good luck to u too.

b'lore said:
hi
my admission process is considerably slow..haven't yet applied to any university.(though i applied to columbia university,my application never reached the admission committee due to USPS mistake and i couldn't reapply also as the deadline has already been reached)thats my luck..
good to see many kannada speaking people in this thread.
good luck

anybody filling the BU application..can u plz tell that should we include the personal statement for the question state briefly any activity to date which has been your most fulfilling experience..because below the question it says please leave a blank space between each paragraph in statement of qualifications and objectives field...plz help as to what is to be written...
Thanks in advance

Hai

I think u'll get the answer from the Boston thread.u posted in the wrong one.
good luck. :)

rekhamadhuri said:
anybody filling the BU application..can u plz tell that should we include the personal statement for the question state briefly any activity to date which has been your most fulfilling experience..because below the question it says please leave a blank space between each paragraph in statement of qualifications and objectives field...plz help as to what is to be written...
Thanks in advance

Hello everybody,
I got an interview call for upenn for the 22nd of september. My stats are part 1-88,TOEFL-267 and GPA 3.18(ece).

dentaldoc81 said:
Hello everybody,
I got an interview call for upenn for the 22nd of september. My stats are part 1-88,TOEFL-267 and GPA 3.18(ece).

Congrats for the interview call and wish you all the very best for the interview !

hi everyone,
for upenn did u send the official scores or the notarised copies?
thanks in advance

anjoliey said:
hi everyone,
for upenn did u send the official scores or the notarised copies?
thanks in advance
Hi,
i sent the notarised copies along with my application, but hAve also requested ada and toefl to send them the score directly.
hope this helps...

Members don't see this ad :)
dentaldoc81 said:
Hello everybody,

good luck... :thumbup:
just deliver your best :thumbup: :)

I postponed my interview to 29th because i would be coming back from india on 23rd. Good luck to everybody with ur admissions

I mailed my UPenn application in mid-August but never received any repsonse from them, not email confimation. I wondered if you guys got one, otherwise how I know if they actually received my application or not.

Thanks,

I mailed my UPenn application in mid-August but never received any repsonse from them, not email confimation. I wondered if you guys got one, otherwise how I know if they actually received my application or not.

Thanks,

phone them and find out
. i did the same

Thanks Perav. I called them today and spoke with a lady from the office.
She said they got my application and will review it in the next following couple of weeks. I guess the long weekend is approaching, and there are not a lot of activities going on since many people are off. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

hi Dental doc81

I got an interview call for upenn too.The interview is for the 19th of september. My stats are
part 1-93
TOEFL-106(ibt)
GPA 3.19(ece)
Did you apply to any other school?I applied to Boston as well.
Is there anyone out there with an interview on the same day!!:)

hi Dental doc81

I got an interview call for upenn too.The interview is for the 19th of september. My stats are
part 1-93
TOEFL-106(ibt)
GPA 3.19(ece)

Hi smile designer
i am in the process of filling my online application for BU , but am not able to figure out wht exactly do i need to mention in the following question?

"Briefly note any activity to date which you feel has been
your most fulfilling experience.

Note: Please leave a blank line between each paragraph in the
Statement of Qualifications and Objectives field. "

Im confused!!wht do i have to mention in tht and also wht does it mean by qualifications and objectives..does tht mean personal statement..am i misunderstanding the question?help.... anyone who has sent their BU App, pls lemme know...
THANKSS

hi small wonder
The way I see it, correct me guys if I am wrong the answer to the question "Most fulfilling Experience"lies in your S.O.P.You basically need to mention what your objective was in choosing the profession write about your experiences in dentistry (seminars attended,outreach projects,camps,papers presented....)and if you have an inclination to a particular specialty lets say peadodontics you should state the reasons why? as well as your future goals.This question basically covers your entire S.O.P.
Each of the above points is written in paragraphs and you are to leave a space between paragraphs.(Just press enter after each paragraph):)
Why don't you ask someone to critique your S.O.P.:thumbdown: or:thumbup:
Hope this helps

hi small wonder
The way I see it, correct me guys if I am wrong the answer to the question "Most fulfilling Experience"lies in your S.O.P.You basically need to mention what your objective was in choosing the profession write about your experiences in dentistry (seminars attended,outreach projects,camps,papers presented....)and if you have an inclination to a particular specialty lets say peadodontics you should state the reasons why? as well as your future goals.This question basically covers your entire S.O.P.
Each of the above points is written in paragraphs and you are to leave a space between paragraphs.(Just press enter after each paragraph):)
Why don't you ask someone to critique your S.O.P.:thumbdown: or:thumbup:
Hope this helps

thanks a lot .....i appreciate ur help..

Hi, anyone applying to UPenn for the 2nd time? I am and was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat. Thanks

Hi ! I am applying for the second time this year. havenot heard from them yet.

hey tumi and ridi,
i am also going to reapply to upenn, did you guys get interviews last year though?did you improve your scores?what are your scores n gpa now?i was niterviewed last yr, havnt improved score yet,please reply, so that we can coordinate.

hai,
do anybody know if peoplewho have applied get rejection letter from upenn if they are not called for interview

I am still in the process of sending in my applications. I took the NDBE again and improved my scores...and also worked full time....hopefully it's a "significant improvement"

Hey Guys/Gals
Anybody out there, Can you give me an Idea about the interview process in UPENN, what do they look at, your personality, your communication skills, your experience, your stats……….. :confused: Is it a personal interview or they actually ask you clinical oriented questions?
I mean it is an Ivy League college what do they need from an interviewee?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.:D
Thanks

hi ridi and Godbless...did either of you take your part 2 for improving qualifications? I haven't just wondering......Thanks

how does upenn send their interview letter , by email or by post?
can anyone one let me know
thanks

tumi,ridi n godbless, m also reapplying to upenn. improved my part 1 and got some dental vonteering experience here...no part 2 yet.hoping to get an interview......

hi Dental doc81

part 1-93
TOEFL-106(ibt)
GPA 3.19(ece)

hi smile designer great scores you will surely get in to upenn.how did you get that score.how many hours did u read and for how many months.best of luck for the interview.

i got a rejection letter from upenn without calling for an interview

Even I'm also planning to reapply to upenn. just improved my part1 scores a bit. please advice if we need to just put an new application and send my recent scores or need to send the whole set of documents again. please help!
tumi,ridi n godbless, m also reapplying to upenn. improved my part 1 and got some dental vonteering experience here...no part 2 yet.hoping to get an interview......

sorry to hear that, kan. but many ppl were rejected after interview with penn. so keep trying. you may find your luck at somewhere else.

hey kan very sorry abt it,,,,but i saw ur previous posts,,,u have good scores and good gpa,,,did they mention any reason,,,
well anyways do not worry,,,u will surely get in somewhere......:thumbup:

I got my interview letter in the regular mail.

hi smile designer great scores you will surely get in to upenn.how did you get that score.how many hours did u read and for how many months.best of luck for the interview.

I took time off from work 3 Months 5-6 Hours a day mostly at nights.To begin with I found it hard to retain but if you give multiple readings you will be better off.I studied from Kaplan notes,Released papers,First Aid to USMLE.
I would recommend this book to eveyone,It is concise, covers most of the topics and has good pneumonics to help you remember. Sometimes had to refer textbooks when a concept was not clear.
Hope this helps:)

i got a rejection letter from upenn without calling for an interview

hi Kan
sorry to hear about the rejection don't loose hope there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.good luck with your other applications.:)

Hi kan, i know the person , and its me.
but dont get frustrated, try to reach them through email or phone and finding the reason. I am also doing that.
All the best for other schools.
Stelon

hai,
do anybody know if peoplewho have applied get rejection letter from upenn if they are not called for interview

Kan,
Sorry to hear you got rejected. Do not lose hope, and keep trying. Just believe our hardwork will be eventually paid off. Good luck to you and to all of us!

Hi dental doc81, smile designer:

Who would like to share a hotel in Philly for Sep. 19 interview? Please PM me. Thanks.:)

hi Dental doc81

part 1-93
TOEFL-106(ibt)
GPA 3.19(ece)

all those going to upenn for interview or have already attended last year plz
give an idea as to what to prepare for ,it would be nice to know
thanks

hi ridi and Godbless...did either of you take your part 2 for improving qualifications? I haven't just wondering......Thanks

No i havenot taken part 2 yet.

hi friends i got an interview call from upenn,,its scheduled on october 3rd,,i am excited as well as nervous,,as this is my first interview ever,,any help,any advice will be greatly appreciated..:)
anybody going to upenn on the same day???

all the best to everyone here:thumbup:

Hi dental doc81, smile designer:

Who would like to share a hotel in Philly for Sep. 19 interview? Please PM me. Thanks.:)

Sorry,
I am expecting a friend from newyork to bunk with me.If there are any changes to the plan I will send a PM.
Sorry again buddy.Can you share your stats :)
bye

hi friends i got an interview call from upenn,,its scheduled on october 3rd,,i am excited as well as nervous,,as this is my first interview ever,,any help,any advice will be greatly appreciated..:)
anybody going to upenn on the same day???

all the best to everyone here:thumbup:

Hi sweetgal,
Wish you all the very best for your UPenn Interview...
Could you please post your stats so that others can have an idea about their chances...
:thumbup: Good Luck

thanks for the wishes hydbds,,,
my stats are:

nbde 1:89
gpa:3.56
toefl:260
work exp:1yr in india,3 months volunteering in USA
applied on 15th july,,,but my application was complete on august 8th,,coz i sent toefl scores directly from ets which delayed the process...

all the best